Chapter 12: Yugyeom

Time Bomb

Chapter 12: Yugyeom

 

 

Avoiding her was one of the options that I had chosen but after a week of endless silence, I couldn't help but feel terrible for what I had said last week. My heart was telling me to go up to Sora but my mind thought otherwise. Every time I saw her, I would hear her voice and the crushing words I could not forget in my head.  "I'm sorry Gyeom. I don't like you like that." Torn, I could only watch her from afar as she interacted with Bam Bam (and man did I hold a grudge on him).

 

It was Sunday morning when I woke up feeling ill. It was a terrible feeling and when I tried to get up, I fell back down as quickly as I got up. Cold sweat ran down my face and I gripped my head, the throbbing would not go away. Suddenly, the room changed and I was standing in a familiar café. Everything was calm and the customers were quietly chatting with one another. Sora came in with a tray of drinks and began to hand them out to those who ordered the drinks. Mirae Café... A man in his late forties began choking on his raspberry scone and I flinched. Was he the one who was going to die? People came rushing over to his rescue as soon as they saw him coughing. A young teenager dressed in black clothes paired with a green apron started performing first aid while she instructed a bystander to continue reassuring the victim. With her right hand in a fist and her left hand on top, she placed them above the man's stomach and pushed in them up like a J. In a matter of moments, the object was out of his system and the crowd cheered. Sora smiled st her co-worker with her phone in her hand. The café was rowdier after that.

 

I was beginning to get bored of this vision and started to doze off until I heard a loud bang. The windows were broken as two men wearing masks broke in (although, they could have entered through the front door), armed with handguns. I knew where this was going and immediately I pulled myself out of the vision and back into my room where I laid on the bed. My chest rose and fell quickly while I sat up, throwing on a new shirt and a pair of jeans before running down the stairs. I had fifteen minutes to get to the cafe. Grabbing my keys, I ran past my mom who looked at me with an alarmed expression. "Where are you going in such a rush?"

 

"Can’t talk Mom," I replied while putting on my left shoe, "Someone’s going to die!" Before my mom could say anything, I slammed the door and ran down the street. I cursed under my breath, realising that traveling by foot to Mirae Cafe would take at least twenty minutes and I only had fifteen. Picking up the pace, I sprinted towards the direction of the cafe while trying to avoid pedestrians and traffic as I prayed that I would make it in time. When the cafe was in sight, I pushed myself to run faster and bolting into the cafe, I immediately looked for Sora. Customers stared at me but I ignored them as I walked up to the cashier, asking where the female teenager was.

 

“Um, may I ask who you are?” the cashier looked at me with an annoyed face, batting her eyelashes at me. Rolling my eyes, I pushed past her and into the room that said “employees only”.

 

Sora was checking inventory when she looked up with a shocked expression, “What are you doing here?” Hitting me with her clipboard, she ordered me to get out of the room but I retaliated and grabbed her hands.

 

“Look Sora, I need you to get everyone out of here.”

 

She looked at me, “What? What do you mean? Look, if you’re trying to make me like you it’s not working.” She crossed her arms and I groaned.

 

“You have to believe me Sora. What I’m about to tell you might sound really stupid and unrealistic but you have to hear me out.”

 

She walked past me, continuing to count the boxes but I grabbed her arms again. “What do you want?! Look, you have to leave Yugyeom.”

 

“Just listen to me!” I could feel the blood rushing to my face. “Look in two minutes, someone’s going to choke; in five minutes there’s going to be two men in black who are armed. You have to get people out of here before anyone dies!” The pain pierced through my cheek but I stared at her with serious eyes.

 

“Stop making crap up!”

 

“I’m not!” I grew frustrated as I pulled on my hair. “This is why I can’t be with you! No one believes me!” Punching the wall, I began to pant loudly as Sora stared at me in bewilderment. The door suddenly bursted open and the cashier girl rushed in.

 

“Sora, come outside quick! Someone’s choking!” she panicked and rushed out before any of us could reply. Bolting out of the door, Sora immediately ran to the scene and pulled out her phone. Just like in the vision, the man managed to get the object out of his throat and the crowd cheered.

 

The brown-haired female walked up to me with blazing eyes. “You better explain how you knew.”

 

“After you get everyone out of here.” I responded and she ushered everyone out.


 

We successfully caught the intruders who tried to break into the cafe a few minutes later before sitting down in the empty building. I didn’t want to tell her my secret like this but I felt like I had no choice. “Sora, do you believe in supernatural beings?”

 

Her eyes doubled in size but nevertheless, she shook her head. “No, why?”

 

“Well,” I scratched my head, “I can’t really say I’m someone supernatural but…” I leaned forward, “If I said I was able to see someone’s death, would you believe me?” She began coughing and I grew alarmed but she held up a hand.

 

Composing herself, she looked at me with confused eyes, “Are… you being serious?”

 

I looked away,” Yeah…” The cafe grew silent. All I could hear was the ticking of the clock as time slowly passed by. Her hands were intertwined with each other and she looked down at her lap. It was suffocating.

 

“How…?” I heard her say as I was about to stand up. “How are you able to see someone’s death?”

 

Looking at her, I shook my head, “I don’t know myself,” I took a breath and continued, “I remember when I was younger, I smacked my head on the sidewalk because some kids were bullying me. Ever since then, I could see people’s deaths.” She continued staring but I shrugged it off, “Everyone in my family has an ability related to death. Saehee sees a timer above someone’s head. It tells her how long a person has to live. My dad has the same ability as me while my mom has Sae’s.” Horror washed over Sora’s face and I could feel her trembling.

 

“So… So today you saw…”

 

“Your death.” I finished for her, “In my vision, one of the gunmen shot you.”

 

The cafe grew silent again. I fiddled with my fingers, searching for a different emotion in her face. She looked like she just saw a ghost.

 

“Look…” I trailed off as I stood up. “I need to go. I just wanted to make sure you weren’t killed today.” Standing up, I pushed the chair back in and began walking away until I felt her soft hand grab my wrist.

 

“No please, don’t leave.” the desperation in her voice was evident. “I… I”m scared.” The strong fort broke down and her charismatic eyes became so innocent. She looked like Puss in Boots from the movie Shrek, adorable and pure.



 

it.

 

I reached for her and kissed her on the lips.


 


Shorter chapter but there's now some YugyeomxSora interaction ^_^ Any ship names for them? *wink, wink, nudge, nudge*