Chapter 01: Saehee

Time Bomb

Chapter 01: Saehee

 

 

 

It was the twenty-second of August when we moved. I stared out the window while watching the scenery pass. People stared at my family because we had several suitcases sticking out from the storage compartments but I didn't care much. My brother sat beside me while holding my hand, keeping down the lump of whatever that clogged his throat. I dug a bag out of my carry on and gave it to him. It was always like this during road trips where Yugyeom felt nauseous after the first half an hour. He wasn't able to travel far and I felt bad but then again, it was his fault for always refusing to take Gravol before traveling.

 

"Mom, how long until we reach?" I asked the thirty-five-year-old woman who sat behind me, my eyes intentionally avoided her face. My mom was pretty: Dark brown orbs, light brown hair that turned orange in the sun, a perfectly sculpted face and a proportional body with the height of 5"5. I never resented her for giving me a strange yet painful ability because it wasn't her fault (although I would have been happier without it).

 

"A few more miles. Maybe another hour?" she guessed while continuing to read her novel. My dad sat beside her, his head rested on her right shoulder as he snored.

 

"I don't think Gyeom will be able to handle another hour."

 

My mom looked up from her book and gave him a pitiful look. She sighed before switching seats with me, waking up my dad in the process.

 

"What's up squirt?" he yawned before smiling at me. My dad was ten years older than my mom and had salt and pepper hair. He wore glasses, had dark brown eyes and was tall standing at the height of 6"1. My dad had the ability to see visions of people's death that was passed down to my brother.

 

I plugged in my earbuds as the infinity sign on the timer flashed. I quietly sighed and loosened myself knowing that my dad still had a long time before he would die. Everyone in my family had the sign but I always felt nervous because I wasn't sure if the timer would change or not.

 

"Attention passengers this is your driver speaking. We'll be arriving in Seoul in twenty minutes. Thank you," the intercom went off.

 

"We're almost there," my dad said with a smile. He was excited because a few days from now, he would be working at Samsung as part of the IT crew. My mom would be working at SK Holdings while Yugyeom and I would be attending Seoul High School as first years. I wasn't ready.



 

 


 


 

I woke up with the sun shining through the curtains along with cars honking down the road. It was the first day of September and leaves were already starting to fall from the trees. I unwillingly opened my closet and stared at the uniform that hung on the rack. A sticky note was attached to the tie:

 

Good morning sweetheart!

Have a great day at school today and make some new friends! Don't be afraid to look at them in the eye. Stick with your brother and stay safe, we'll be back tonight!

-Mom and Dad

 

I heard the door open and my brother stood by the frame in his yellow uniform that fit perfectly on him. His dark brown hair was slightly gelled and the plaid tie hung loosely around his neck, "Good morning noona." He grinned, "I made breakfast so come downstairs and eat."

 

I nodded and gave him a smile, the timer flashing before it disappeared as he turned away and headed down to the first floor. I started buttoning up the white dress shirt before sliding on the yellow jacket and pulling my black skirt down. Tucking in my tie, I sighed before heading down. Physically I was ready but mentally I wasn't, knowing I'd have to face the couple hundred students attending the same school as me. Heading down the stairs, I sat at the kitchen table and ate the kimchi fried rice that was prepared. Yugyeom was on his phone but he looked up several times.

 

"Noona, are you nervous?" he asked knowingly.

 

I nodded, "I'm not ready for this Gyeom." He placed a hand on mine and smiled. I didn't want to sound weak, but I knew I wasn't prepared to face a large crowd.

 

The clock struck seven thirty and the two of us prepared to go to school. While waiting for the bus, girls stared at my brother as they admired his height and looks. Some were whispering while others took pictures of him and I knew that he was smiling. He liked the attention but acted he like he didn't care as he boarded the bus with me. The bus ride wasn't long but it felt like eternity as the girls continued to worship him like a god. I took a peek at their uniform and groaned, noticing their yellow jackets and the black skirts that were way too high up. Their timers counted down.



 





 

We entered our first class and the teacher immediately stopped his lecture, taking time to greet us. "Sit down wherever you like kids, I was just in the middle of explaining class rules."

 

Throughout the class, my brother chatted with a boy named Kim Hyo Sung who seemed to already be buddy buddy with him. They laughed and talked really loud but Mr. Kwon didn't mind since it was the first day of the school year. I overheard Yugyeom telling his friend about me and the other male looked at me. I winced as I accidentally made eye contact with him and the timer flashed before me while it counted down.

 

I tried to forget it but I couldn't. I didn't know how to break the news to my brother. Sooner or later, Yugyeom would have a vision and he'd come crawling over to me and bawl on my shoulder as usual. He was easily attached to people no matter who they were or how long he had known them for and took effort to remember every person's name. He was the complete opposite of me. I disliked associating with others and never looked at people in the eye when I'd speak. I was quiet and only talked when I needed to. I was a ghost.

 

Lunch time soon rolled along and after three long classes, I was ready to relax until my brother came and dragged me to the canteen which I absolutely hated. I shook him off and told him to go by himself. "I don't need to eat. I'll be fine."

 

His brown orbs slightly shrunk as he glared at me, "You can't keep avoiding people."

 

"I can," I stated, "and I will." I walked down the hall and towards the greenhouse that was beside my next class. I wanted to forget but the image was etched into my mind as I recalled the timer.

 

12:13:22:04.

 

Twelve days from now, Kim Hyo Sung would die.

 

 

 


 

Hello everyone! I am back with a new story, this time featuring GOT7's Mark and Yugyeom! ^-^ I'm trying a new writing style so I hope you guys like it and please bare with me if it's confusing.