As I Go

As I go

 The sun glared through the car window, the phone rang in a rosey tone, Yunho immediately picked it up, he knew something was wrong, it was weekday, Jeajoong never called when he thought Yunho was at work. "What is it?" There was a short pause, Yunho's throat got dry, he felt his heart race, he imagined that a Doctor would answer and tell him that Jeajoong would be gone forever, he could hear the Hospital staff talking in the back of the phone;  he waited, not wanting to avert the news. 
"Yunho where are you?" It was Youchun, the boy was seldom worried but Yunho could tell he was at this moment. Youchun didn't wait for Yunho to answer, he continued, " Jeajoong had another attack, he's at the Hospital right now ." Yunho bit his tongue, and put his car into gear, starting the engine. "I'm on my way now." The line ended and Yunho started on the road.
It took only ten minutes to get the Hospital from Yunho's home, but on the highway it took half that time. The parking lot was full, the Hospital had frequently seen cars parked on the their rears, they had built a two truck building next door to store all the misplaced vehicles that looted their lot, today was no exception, Yunho parked by the rose garden.
In the emergency room hall, families gathered in bundles, some making prayer for their loved ones, others anxiouslly scooted back and forth in aniticaption, The nurse at the counter glanced at Yunho as he passed, she shouted, "Room 314" Yunho smiled and nodded at her, the gesture was returned. The New Hope Hospital had one simple rule, All are welcome, if so they could afford it. Those who couldn't, weren't greeted with the same Welcoming smiles and accomedating gestures, the New Hope Hospital had become very firmilair with Jeajoong in the past couple of months, his constant visitations had become an alround joke between, that was until today, no one seemed happy when they greeted Yunho passed them, he felt a cold shiver run down his spine, his fingers tingled and his stomache churrned as he stood outside of room 314 on the V.I.P floor of the New Hope Hospital. He watched Jeajoong through the glass window, He glanced toward the windows as the linens swayed in the breezed, the sun glaring through them and made them almost transparent, Youchun stood from his seat, he pat Jeajoong's back before leaving the room. He seemed surprised to see Yunho standing in front of him, he shook his head. "He's waiting." Youchun passed him, "I'm going to get something to eat."
Yunho watched the doors automatically open as Youchun stepped out, then close behind him. He sighed deeply and pushed open Jeajoong's door.
Jeajoong didn't face him, He wouldn't speak, his hands tightly gripped the white sheets around him, he stepped closer, his hands rested on Jeajoong's shoulder, he could hear the man crying, he didn't hav to guess why, he knew when he saw the the tulips sitting inside the glass vase, Jeajoong wasn't coming home tonight.
He couldn't speak, find the words to say to Jeajoong, promise him he would be alright, it would be empty words, empty promises. He took Jeajoong into his arms, held him tight and listened to him whimper, beg Yunho to fix this, his body shook in Yunho's tight grip as he pat his back, he forced back his tears, he wasn't going to let them fall, not now, not here. He had to be strong for Jeajoong, he had to be his support. "It'll be alright."
The doors opened once again,  it was the Doctor, he had come to update Yunho about Jeajoong's statues; she waited for the him to stand then motioned for him to join her in the furthest corner of room, She didn't have to introduce herself before speaking,  "Unfortunatly Jeajoong isn't well. He had another attack and I don't think he can recover from this one, we need a heart donor right away, because we are afraid if he doesn't get one in the next two weeks, he might not make it." Her voice was monotone, she lowered his head, sharing her sympathies for Yunho. She reapted, "we need a donor Mr. Jung, otherwise. ..." she let her words drift. Doctor  ---- had been there for Jeajoong since the beginning, Yunho liked to think that she had grown a special bond with him over the past two years, but that all didn't matter, today, nothing mattered more than finding that heart donor.
Yunho had done all he could to find anyone who was willing to be a donor for Jeajoong, he'd even tried to find some who weren't so willing, all was for not, he'd failed to save Jeajoong and was going to suffer the consequences."Thank you." He'd finally managed to speak, Dr.    , nodded and left the room; from down the hall, Yunho could still hear the sound of his shoes clacking away.
All was silent as  Yunho stood in deep thought of what next to do, "Yunho" Jeajoong broke him from his spell, he no longer had tears in his eyes, he was smiling, Yunho tried to do the same but the feeling was not quite there. Jeajoong pat the empty bed beside him, motioning for Yunho to join him, the man did as told, he tried to find the words to speak, but his mouth stayed shut and he stared at the tulips sitting on the bedside table; he hated them, he hated the way they looked sitting beside Jeajoong, the way they indicated sorrow and death, the way they opened in light of the sun, Yunho wanted to grab ahold of them and smash the vase onto the wall, he wanted to scream and shout, Yunho just wanted to cry, beg for forgiveness from whoever he hurt, beg for an extension of Jeajoong's life, yet not a single tear was shed, not one sound escaped his tongue, he just sat still beside Jeajoong, lost in his own sorrow and doubt.
"Yunho, I'll be alright." Jeajoong spoke calmly, "There are some things we just can't change." Yunho stood from his seat, " No Jeajoong, I can change this and I will, I'm not just going great to sit here and let you die!" Jeajoong almost seemed surprised, he placed his hand over his mouth, making the needles sticking from his arms more visible, making the machines around him more alive and making Jeajoong seem more dead. "Yunho, no one wants this but you can't just change it." His words weren't getting to Yunho, " What happened?" Jeajoong fixed the sheets. "I was having Youchun over for dinner, then I had an attack when I was getting tea." Jeajoong smiled but Yunho didn't, shaking his head,  he stood up quickly, "Jeajoong, I'll be right back, I love you." He qiped the tears in his eyes, glancing one last time before leaving the room.