Growing Up

Protect the Boy

“Hey, Taemin-ah! Let’s go!”

“Ah yes, Jinki hyung! Wait for me!”

It’s almost ten years since Taemin moved to Lee’s households, Jinki’s now a high schooler with Jonghyun, and the fairies (Key, Minho, and Taemin) still only can study at home (and sometimes quietly sit in Jinki’s and Jonghyun’s classes pssst don’t tell anyone). Jinki grew up as a handsome boy and Taemin... he is handsome too but also prettier than before, he has brownish long hair. And now Jinki and Taemin are running to Jinki’s school (because Jinki’s already late and Taemin just want to go to grocery shop near Jinki’s school).

“Hyung! Wait for me!”, Taemin panted.

“Oh, come on! I’m lateeee.....!!”, Jinki grabbed Taemin’s hand and they both ran faster.

Exhausted, but finally they arrived in Jinki’s school. And suddenly the bell rang, it’s time for Jinki to go to his class.

“See you at home Taemin-ah! I need to go to class! Bye!”, Jinki waved his hand and ran fast to his class.

“Okay.... Jinki...”, suddenly Taemin felt sad. They all growing up, Jinki too. But now his time for play with Taemin was decreased significantly. And Jinki more and more spend his time with his school friends, not with Taemin. Taemin could understand that Jinki too has his own life, he has his own dream and future. And Taemin felt left behind.

“Hey Taeminie! What are you doing?”, suddenly Jonghyun appeared infront of him.

“Woaah!! Hyung! You scared me to death!!”, screamed Taemin. (He stopped called Key as Key-Umma, Minho as Minmin and Jonghyun as Jongpuppy since he was ten, because Taemin’s like  I’m a grown up man! I don’t want to be a child forever!)

“Nah! I’m already here for... ten seconds... but you even didn’t see me.”

“Really?”, “uh-uh”.

“Nothing hyung, maybe I’m too tired.”

“Why?”

“Guess what, I ran here because Jinki hyung was late.”

“HE was late, but why were you run too?”

“.......... Aren’t you late too? Why are you still here?”

“..... right. See you Taeminie!”

And Taemin left alone again. When he turned suddenly someone bumped in to him.

“Ahh! I’m sorry! I’m sorry!”, a boy bowed to Taemin and he blushed when he saw him.

“I’m fine. Are you okay?”, Taemin asked him, but no responses.

“Hellooooooo.....”, Taemin pinched his cheeks, but it’s only grew redder than before. Taemin shrugged and just want to leave. But suddenly the boy grabbed his hand.

“I-I-I’m sorry, w-w-who are you?”, the boy asked Taemin, stuttered.

“Ah, my name is Taemin. And who are you?”, Taemin smiled and offered his hand.

“M-m-m-my name.. is.. m-m-my name is... J-j-jongin.”

“Jongin-ssi, are you okay?”

“N-n-no...ah Yes! I’m f-fine!”

“Ah, alriiiight... I think I need to go now. Bye Jongin- ssi! Nice to meet you!”, Taemin ran and left Jongin.

“Bye... Taemin-ssi”, Jongin smiled and he never take his eyes from Taemin.

 

“What a weird boy. Are Jinki hyung’s friend all like that? Hm... banana milk.. banana milk... aha! Found you!”, Taemin strolled around in convenient store and finally met his soulmate.. banana milk.

“Okay, I’ll pay for this and better go home now. Mum must be so worry now.”

 

“Taemin-ah! What it took you so long? I’m so worry!!”, Eunsook tweaked Taemin’s ear.

“Ah! Ouchh.... I’m sorry mum! I was played for awhile in Jinki’s hyung school.”

“Ah, is that so? I’m sorry baby, we’re unable to put you to school.”, Eunsook smiled sadly.

“It’s okay mum. I’m really grateful that you accepted me to live with you here, really.”

“It’s me that should be thank you, you give us a veeeeery interesting life, and you give me strength when Jinki’s dad couldn’t be with us anymore. If it’s only me and Jinki, I don’t know Taemin....”, Eunsook sobbed.

“It’s okay mum. I’m here.... Dad too, he must be happy there, in heaven.”, Taemin hugged her.

“I’m curious, if Dad will meet Jonghyun’s Dad there.”, Eunsook wiped her tears and chuckled.

“Maybe he does mum. Let’s prepare food for Jinki hyung mum. So we can read another books later.”, Taemin smiled and kiss her cheeks.

“Alright young man. You’re still young and has a lot of energy. I’m not young anymore though, what if I don’t have any strength to make foods again and my eyes can’t see clearly and we can’t read books together.”, Eunsook pouted.

“Then I’ll make foods for us and I’ll read the books for you. What’s with the mood today mum?”, Taemin chuckled and hugged her again.

“It’s your fault Taemin-ah. I’m worried too much because of you.”, Eunsook smiled again, the same smile like Jinki’s.

“Forgive me my lady. Let’s prepare our foods, shall we?”, and both of them laughed together.

 

“Moooom! Taemin-ah! I’m home!”, It’s lunch time and Jinki came back home.

“Hey hyung! How’s school?”, Taemin chirped from kitchen.

“Boring, like usual.. hahaha. What’s today lunch Taemin-ah??”, Jinki peeked from behind Taemin.

“Chicken soup”

“With a lot of chicken?”

“A lot”

“Tasty like usual?”

“Better”

“Special only for me?”

“Oh no. You know it’s for all of us.”, and Jinki pouted.

“Buuut... tada!! It is special for you!”, Taemin gave Jinki a plate full of fried chicken.

“IS THIS HEAVEN??”, exclaimed Jinki, when he almost took a piece, Taemin took the plate back.

“WHYYYY????”

“Oh shut up hyung. Change your clothes first!”, Taemin put his hand on his hips.

“Are you today’s mom?”, Jinki raised his eyebrow.

“Yes, I am. Mum is sleeping in her bedroom after I read her Romeo and Juliet story.”

“O-Kay.”, Jinki narrowed his eyes. “Master chicken, wait for me. I’LL BE BACK.”, he said in Terminator style. Taemin smiled and shook his head.

 

After lunch, Taemin knocked Jinki’s room. “Can I come in, hyung?”

“Yes, Taemin-ah! What’s up?”, Jinki turned around to face Taemin from his study desk.

“Uhm.... today. I met someone in your school.”

“Who?”

“He said his name is Jongin. Do you know him hyung?”

“No.”, was Jinki’s fast respon to Taemin’s question.

“I think he is a good boy. Eventhough he is a bit strange, but-“

“I’m sorry Taemin-ah, but suddenly my head hurt, can you leave me alone please?”, Jinki cutted Taemin’s sentence.

“A-ah, okay. I’m sorry hyung. Do you need-“

“No. Thanks.”, again Jinki cutted Taemin’s question and he turned his back to Taemin 

“Ah, O-okay.”, Taemin was taken aback and he left Jinki’s room. “Uhm... hyung is a bit weird today.”, he mumbled to himself and shook his head. Little did he knew, it’s not Jinki’s head that hurt. But Jinki himself didn’t realize that too.  

 

A/N Please imagine Taemin's hair like in Sherlock era and Jinki's like in DxDxD music video. XD