Distant

Protect the Boy

“Hey hyung, can I go with you? I want to buy banana milk again.”, Taemin said to Jinki when they ate breakfast.

“You want to meet that Jongin boy again, aren’t you?”, snapped Jinki.

“Huh? A-ah... actually yes. But, I’m not sure we’ll meet again. But, maybe if we meet again we can be-“, Taemin gave Jinki dreamy gaze.

“I’m going now.”, Jinki said and left.

“.... friend.”

“What’s wrong with him? He never cut in when other people talk. Hmm...”, Eunsook asked Taemin.

“I don’t know. He’s like that since yesterday.”, Taemin shrugged.

“Really? Is that why he didn’t eat dinner with us last night? What happened?”

“When I asked him about Jongin yesterday, suddenly hyung said that his head was hurt. Maybe he’s not feeling well.”

“Hm... not feeling well. Soooo.... who is this Jongin boy? Is he your new friend, Taemin-ah?”

“Actually I don’t know anything about him too, we only met briefly yesterday. Sooo....”

“Sooo...?”

“I want to ask hyung, maybe this Jongin is his friend at school or... I don’t know. But because hyung is not feeling well since yesterday, I can’t ask him further. But.... “

“Buuuut...?”

“But I think, Jongin is a good person, sooo... maybe we can be friends... yeah... something like that.”

“Ooookay. You want to meet him again, aren’t you?”, Taemin nodded. “Why aren’t you just going to Jinki’s school without him know, hm?”, Eunsook smirked.

“Can I?”, Taemin gave his famous puppy eyes to Eunsook.

“Of course you can. Buuut.... can you bring Key and Minho too so I won’t worry too much?”

“Suree!!”

 

“Yah! Taemin-ah! Not too fast!”, Key panted and ran behind Taemin.

“It’s because you never take my advice to jog every morning.”, Minho said to Key. He easily ran because he loved sports so much.

“Yah! Froggie! You know I’m not into this sweaty things! I hate it! I hate you!”, screamed Key.

“You hate me? Really?”, suddenly Minho stopped and face to face with Key. He gave him his flamming charisma gaze.

“I-I... I mean, I hate jogging so much.”

“Hey, hyung! Come on! You both are so slow!”, exclaimed Taemin.

“I’m so slow? Really?”, suddenly Minho was side by side with Taemin. And he gave him his flamming charisma gaze too.

“I-I ... m-mean... Key hyung is so slow.”, Taemin grinned. And they all ran again to Jinki’s and Jonghyun’s school.

 

“Finallyyyyy....!!”, Key said when they arrived in Jinki’s and Jonghyun’s school. They climbed school walls since they couldn’t get inside from the front gate.

“Hey, Tae... what actually do you want to do in here?”, Minho asked Taemin.

“I want to meet someone.”

“Who?”, Minho and Key asked in unison.

“Jongin”

“And who is this Jongin? Why he never meet me and Minho?”, Key asked Taemin in his diva tone.

“I don’t know too. I just met him yesterday.”

“Aaaalriiight. When will we meet this Jongin?”

“I don’t know.”, Taemin shrugged. “Hyung, if you want to go to Jonghyun hyung’s classroom you can go. I’ll wait you here.”

“Really? Because actually I want to see if Jonghyunie-hyung doing well in math. Last night, me and Minho taught him about math. So yeah...”

“It’s okay hyung, really. I’ll be here when you back.”

“Thank you, baby! Froggie, come on!”, Key and Minho went to Jonghyun’s classroom and left Taemin alone.

Since Taemin didn’t know in what class this Jongin boy was, so he just sat under a tree and play with a stray cat there. He wondered was Jinki doing well in math too like Jonghyun, since he never asked Taemin to study math together like Key and Minho with Jonghyun. He wondered what was Jinki doing now, was he hungry? Since it’s almost lunch time and the school almost over. He wondered if Jinki’s head still hurt, because this morning Jinki’s mood was bad. Maybe its because hormonal or puberty like the book said he thought. He wondered if Jinki had a lot of friends? What kind of friends were they? Why he never introduced Taemin to his friends from school. Did Taemin a burden for him? Taemin frowned, he hugged the cat.

“Hey, aren’t you lonely? Where is your friend?”, Taemin hugged the cat and asked it as if it could understand what he said. The cat only purred, enjoyed Taemin’s warmth.

Taemin stared to the black cat. Suddenly he felt sad. Why his relation with Jinki felt so distant lately. He didn’t know what happened between them. Maybe Jinki didn’t like him anymore, why should he? Since the boys and girls in Jinki’s school so handsome, pretty and so smart. Taemin’s smart too but he couldn’t went to school. Of course Jinki would prefer to played with his friend than Taemin. Or maybe Jinki had a girlfriend now like Key-hyung said before, in this age it’s normally for human to have girlfriends, maybe it’s like mating season in fairies world. Why that thought only made Taemin more sad? Jinki had a girlfriend, what if Jinki wouldn’t want to play with him anymore. Would he sent Taemin back to the pond? Would Jinki forget him forever, and only remember about his girlfriend? With that thoughts, unconciously tears trickled down in Taemin’s cheeks. The cat meowed and it away. But Taemin still cried silently.

“Kyung-ah! Kyung-ah! Where are you?? Aiishh this cat! A-ah... Taemin-ssi??”, it was Jongin. Taemin only stared at him with his wet eyes.

“A-are you crying??”, Jongin panicked. Smiling Taemin already made him stuttered mess, and now crying Taemin made him confused more.

“T-taemin-ssi.... w-what h-happened??”, Jongin asked him, but no response from Taemin. So Jongin only took his handkerchief from his pocket.

“I-i’m sorry i-if I-i’m being r-rude. But...”, Jongin wiped Taemin’s tears and Taemin looked at him with his doe eyes. The cat looked back and forth between them and meowed. Little did they know that it wasn’t only the cat that look at them. A pair of brown eyes watched them silently from the distant.

 

A/N I'm trying to give fast updates before the writer block strike again lol XD.... I don't know if people read and like this story buuut I'll finish it however :D. For my subscriber, thank u for subscribing this story and pleaseee stick with me until the end, and for silent reader thank u for reading this story ^^ see u on the next update~