A Fairy

Protect the Boy

“Taemin. My name is Taemin.”

“Uhm... sooo...what are you?”, Jinki staring and judging the boy.

“I’m a fairy, can’t you see that?”, Taemin answered in a ‘matter-of-fact’ tone.

“I can’t”, Jinki shrugged.

“Uhm... ”, Taemin shrugged.

And then they kept silent for a long time, without saying even a word. It was starting from Jinki, stared the beautiful boy beside him, when Taemin turned his head to him he awkwardly turn his to the opposite side. After that it’s Taemin’s turn to staring at the handsome boy beside him, when Jinki caught him, he’s blushing hard and look at the ground.

“Well, it’s awkward you know? I think it’s strange.”, Jinki started conversation.

“What?”

“You are so beautiful, more beautiful than the girls in my school.”

“A-am I? Maybe because I’m a fairy!”, Jinki’s comment made Taemin’s chubby cheeks so red.

“Hmm... and you know what else?”, Jinki getting closer to the now “red boy”

“W-what e-else?”, Taemin stuttered because nervous and Jinki keep getting closer to him.

“You are so cute! I want to keep you!!”, Jinki hugged the boy. He has a weakness for something cute, he want everything that cute for himself.

“But.....”, suddenly Jinki released Taemin from the hug.

“B-b-but what?”, Taemin still nervous because of the hug. He never had skinship with other fairies before, so this kind of thing made him nervous.

“I can’t keep you at home.”

“Why? I always alone here. You’re the first human that i know”, Taemin’s eyes started to wet.

“Don’t you have any friends? Fairies?”, Jinki felt bad for the poor boy.

“I have..... Kibum and Minho. But they have their human friend too. His name is Jonghyun. He is a very good guy. But he said he only need two fairies at his home. So I left behind. Sometimes Kibum, Minho, and Jonghyun come to visit me. But... they always leave before the night. Jinki... can’t you keep me too? It’s so lonely when I’m alone here....”, Taemin is now crying, his eyes begging to Jinki.

“Uhm... I don’t know Taemin. My mom said I can’t bring pet to home. She will be angry to me. You know when she’s angry she’ll looks like medusa.”, Jinki whispered the last part like he afraid that somehow his mom would appear from nowhere. His answer made Taemin looked so depressed and hopeless.

“But...maybe we can make a plan.”, Jinki said smiling.

“What plan? Tell meeee Jinkiii..”, suddenly Taemin’s face bright up again. His stained tears cheeks became pinkish again.

“Well... first, I need to gain information about fairies.”, Jinki said, his chubby thumbs rubbed Taemin’s cheeks.

“Sure!!”

The two boys had a veeeeryyyyyy long discussion to collect the datas about fairies. Jinki asked soooo many question to Taemin, like what a fairy eats everyday and Taemin answered that a fairy will eat and drink nectar, when Jinki frowned because of that, Taemin would change his answer to a fairy can eat anything that human can eat, and Jinki would smile and satisfied with his answer. When Jinki asked where a fairy sleep, Taemin answered a fairy will sleep in a place that full of flowers and grass scents, and when he realised that Jinki frowned because of his answer, he added quickly but we fairies can sleep anywhere too!, and Jinki satisfied with his answer. After the n-th question, finally the very long interview between the two boys ended.

“I think we don’t have any problem here. I can tell my mom about this information. And if she agree, we can live together! Forever!”, Jinki said vigorously.

“Forever!!”, Taemin nodded furiously.

“Well, come on Taemin, let’s go home.”, Jinki lend a hand to Taemin.

“Yeah, Let’s go home, Jinki.”, Taemin hold Jinki’s hand and smiled beautifully.