Mom and Dad

Protect the Boy

“Moooom!! Daaad!! I’m homeee!!”, Jinki exclaimed. Taemin only stared to the door infront him, nervousness and fear of rejection ate him slowly. Jinki aware of it and he tried to gave him assurance by holding his hand.

“It’s okay Taemin, Mom and Dad are good person.”, Jinki assured him.

“But I’m afraid Jinki, will they like me? I’m not a human, I’m a fairy.”, Taemin looked so scared.

“I think they’ll like you Taemin.”, Jinki smiled to him. And after that, Jinki’s mom opened the door.

“Hi, mom! I bring a friend!”, Jinki said to his mom enthusiastically.

 

“Oh, sweety... come in.”, Jinki’s mom said to both boys.

The two boys got inside house still hand-in-hand. Taemin really felt nervous, but Jinki’s smile was so bright and it made Taemin felt okay again.

“It’s okay Taemin, my Mom is really nice, she will like you.”, Jinki gave Taemin assurance. Jinki’s mom guide the boys to the living room.

“Hello sweetheart, what’s your name?”, Jinki’s mom asked Taemin.

“My name is Taemin ma’am.”, Taemin answered.

“Taeminie, I think you’ve known about me from Jinki, my name is Lee Eunsook, I’m Jinki’s mom.”, Jinki’s mom took Taemin’s hand and gave him a bright smile, the same like Jinki’s. “Are you Jinki’s friend from school? But I thought you’re younger than Jinki. Or maybe this chubby cheeks makes you younger hmm?”, Jinki’s mom pinched Taemin’s cheeks.

“Uhmm.. no ma’am. I’m not Jinki’s friend from school.”, Taemin looked at the ground felt nervous. How he supposed to told Jinki’s mom about him that actually a fairy? Jinki realized that and made a move.

“Mom, Taemin is different from us!”, Jinki proudly exclaimed.

“Different?”, Jinki’s mom looked so confused. But before she asked more questions to the boys, a voice from bathroom interrupted them.

“Honey! Can you bring another towel, please? Mine just fell to the tube, and it’s all wet.”

“I’m sorry sweety, Jinki’s dad need me. I’ll be back okay.”, and then Jinki’s mom left them alone in the living room. Jinki caught Taemin’s nervousness and pat his shoulder. After several minutes, Jinki’s mom came.

“Okay boys, where are we before?”

“Taemin is different.”, Jinki blurted it out.

“I’m sorry sweety, but I’m afraid I don’t understand. What do you mean about Taemin being different?”

“He is a fairy.”, Jinki said in a matter-of-fact tone.

Jinki’s mom frowned. Maybe she thought that her son had a very creative imagination. She tried to remember what the television program said about how to communicate with children that had a very creative imagination, she didn’t want to hurt her boy and his friend’s feeling.

“Uhm.. okay. How can you know that Taemin here is a fairy?”, Jinki’s mom pretended to asked the boys, she thought maybe it was just their imagination.

“Taemin, show mom your power.”, Jinki said to Taemin. On the same time, Jinki’s dad just came out from bathroom.

“Uh... okay.”, Taemin tried to concentrated to made a rain.

“Oh my god!! Honey!! I think there’re broken pipes on the bathroom upstair!”, Jinki’s dad shrieked from infront of bathroom. “I just finished take a bath! And now I was drenched!”

Jinki’s mom ran to where Jinki’s dad was. The boys followed behind. There’s Jinki’s dad stood and wet.

“Uh-oh Jinki, i think it’s me. I feel nervous, I can’t concentrate.”, Taemin said to Jinki.

“Moooom! It’s Taemin! It’s his power!”, Jinki said to his mom.

“No sweety, it’s not Taemin fault, It’s just the pipes were broken and we need to fix it.”

“No mom! It’s Taemin! Taemin, show your power!”

“Uh...”, Taemin was nervous, really nervous. He tried to concentrate but he failed. And suddenly there’s storm.... inside the house....

 

“Now Taemin, tell us. Are you really a fairy?”, now four of them sat in the living room. They all wet because of the sudden storm inside the house.

“I’m sorry ma’am. I don’t mean it. I just... felt nervous.”, and after he said that, there’s pouring rain only in the living room. Jinki’s mom and dad looked at each other.

“I take that as a ‘yes’. Can you stop the rain sweety? It’s okay, I’m not mad at you.”, Jinki’s mom smiled to Taemin and then the rain stopped.

“Okay, I think we need to dry ourselves so we won’t sick. Jinki, can you take Taemin to your room? Your dad and I will take care of this. After that, we need to talk.”

“Okay, mom.”

After the boys went to Jinki’s room, mom and dad cleaned the mess. After that they discussed about what just happened.

“Honey, I know that our son is very special. Last time he brought a chicken with one leg home and made it as his pet, it’s strange enough, but I never thought that he’ll bring a fairy to our home. What should we do now?”, Jinki’s mom asked to her husband.

“I don’t know, but we need to asked Jinki why he bring Taemin here.”, Jinki’s dad answered.

“Yeah, you are right.”

On the other hand the two boys had their own discussion too.

“Jinki, I think your parent won’t like me. I made them drenched and all wet!”, Taemin felt guilty and depressed. He was afraid of rejection.

“We never know Taemin. I’ll try my best to make them like you and keep you here.”, Jinki hugged the poor boy. Taemin hugged Jinki too, he felt safe in Jinki’s embrace. He didn’t want to separated away from Jinki. And then, Jinki’s mom called the boys.

“Boys! Please come to living room, we need to talk.”

Jinki take Taemin’s hand and lead him to downstair.

“Okay, Taemin. Can you tell us about yourself?”, Jinki’s dad asked Taemin. And Taemin told them about his life before he met Jinki and Jinki and Taemin told them how they met.

“Aaaand... Jinki brought you here because....”

“Because I want to keep him. He was alone there, dad. He doesn’t have home, he doesn’t have family, he lives alone.... Please mom, dad... let Taemin live with us.”, Jinki begged to his parent.

Jinki’s mom and dad looked at each other in silent. The two boys felt nervous. Taemin thought he’ll never like silence like this because it felt so scary. And after several minutes of silence...

“Okay, alright then. Taemin can live here with us...”

“YAAAYYY!!!”, the two boys felt happy. They hugged and jumped together.

“BUT!”, Jinki’s mom suddenly caught their attention.

“Please don’t make another storm inside the house again. Okay?”

“OKAY!!”, Jinki and Taemin said in unison.

 

And that’s how a little boy named Jinki and a little fairy boy named Taemin lived together.