Living Together

Protect the Boy

It’s been a week after Taemin moved into Mr. And Mrs. Lee’s household. Every morning taemin would always helped Eunsook washed clothes and did the dishes. She’s not ready to made Taemin helped her in the kitchen, first time she made him all the family members went to the hospital because of indigestion and last time she made him did the dinner he almost burn the entire kitchen and after that she swore to God she’d kept him away from her kitchen until he could made any edible food “safely”.

When Jinki went to school and Mr. Lee went to work, Taemin would spent his time with Eunsook. She taught him how to count and how to read because he wanted to go to school like Jinki does. But ofcourse he couldn’t, because he didn’t had birth certificate and another files that needed. It’s okay for him, because Eunsook would be his teacher at home, he felt gratitude for his blessed life in this household, and that’s just enough. Taemin was a very fast learner, he could understand counting and reading only in a week. Every day he took a book from Mr. Lee’s personal library and read it, he always asked “his mum” about the story that he already read, because sometimes the story just didn’t made him satisfied because some of them ‘just didn’t make sense’ for him.

“And could you tell me again, why Romeo and Juliet couldn’t live happily ever after, mum?”, today’s book that Taemin read was Romeo and Juliet. “Why she killed herself after Romeo died?”, Taemin seated at the kitchen-island with one foot drawn up on a stool, his chin digging in the knee of the leg he’d wrapped his arms around, watched Eunsook prepared food for lunch.

“That’s because she loved him, sweety.”, Eunsook tap his index finger to Taemin’s nose, left flour stains on it. He looked so adorable and it made her giggled and kissed his cheek.

“Love? What is love, mum?”, he frowned and mumbled.

“Love is like... this...”, she kissed his forehead, “..this..”, she kissed his right cheek, “...this..”, she kissed his left cheek, “..and this..”, she hugged him kissed his hair softly. “What do you feel?”

“I feel warm.”, he pulled out from hug and blinked to her.

“Right, love is supposed to feel like this. You feel warm, comfortable, and loved. Hah, what did i say? I couldn’t explain it well! This old woman couldn’t explain anything well.”, she pretended to pouted.

“You’re not old. You’re still pretty, mum!”, he exclaimed.

“Oh, really? Really? Really?”, she tickled him and he laughed. “Stop mum! Stop! That’s a no-no! It’s tickles! Hahahaha”, Taemin couldn’t stop laughing.

“Alright young man, that’s enough for today’s study we’ll continue it in tomorrow. Now, you help me prepare lunch for Jinki and daddy, okay?”, she picked him from kitchen-isle to the chair she put beside her.

“Okay, mum!”

 

In the afternoon, Jinki and Mr. Lee were back home. “Moooommmm!! Taeminiiieee!! We’re back!!”, Jinki barged in and ran to the kitchen. “Taeminieee!! I bring banana milk!”, he showed a bottle of banana milk. Taemin hopped from the chair and ran to Jinki, he hugged him and blinked his eyes. “Give it to me, Jinki... please.”, in the second day Taemin in Lee’s household he realized that banana milk is very delicious and he made it as his favorite drink for now until forever.

“Okay, this is for you. Me and dad bought soooo many banana milk for you!”, Jinki proudly said.

“Really??”, Taemin’s eyes lightened up. “Yup!”, Jinki showed him a box full of banana milk on the table.

“MY BANANA MILK!!”, Taemin pulled out from the hug and ran towards the table. Jinki chuckled at the cute sight infront him.

“You know you can’t drink it at once, right?”, Mr. Lee said to Taemin and Taemin nodded.

“Thank you, daddy!”, Taemin hugged his daddy and Mr. Lee ruffled his hair. “When i can drink it, daddy?”, Taemin asked. “After we lunch together, sweety.”, Taemin picked up by daddy and he put him on the chair. Jinki followed after.

“Guess what! Taemin and I made chicken today!”, Eunsook brought fried chicken to the table, and back to the kitchen to brought another food.

“Yayyy!! Chicken~!!”, Jinki sing-songed and the other three laughed together.

And that’s how Taemin spent his days at his new home in the afternoon. Lunch together and listened to Jinki’s story in school and daddy in his office. Taemin would tell them about books that he read today, and Eunsook would told them how smart Taemin. They shared laugh and story. And after lunch, daddy would back to his office left Jinki and Taemin (and Eunsook) at home. The boys played together until they tired, and they would take a nap together, either in Jinki’s room or Taemin’s.  Daddy would back home at dinner, and they would gathered and talked like usual. After dinner, Jinki went to his room to study, and Taemin would accompanied (or disturbed) him. After that, they went to Taemin’s room. Jinki would read a story for him until he slept, and Jinki would turn his light off and back to his own room.

 

Storm at midnight. Taemin awakened in the middle of night. Scared and alone but he need to pee. He rubbed his eyes and got out from the bed, suddenly he saw a silhouette in the window. He narrowed his eyes and suddenly the lightning outside made the silhouette more clear, a boy... a boy’s shadow now stood infront of his window, stared back at him.

“JINKIIIIIII....!!!!”