Taemin

Protect the Boy

“I’m here, in the water”. The voice said, and with the sudden fear Jinki looked to the pond. His brain told him to run, because maybe that voice was a ghost and it want to eat him. But Jinki was a smart kid, his curiousity won, and he didn’t run but tried to find the child. And he found him.

A beautiful boy, maybe at the same age with Jinki or younger was looking at him from the inside of water. He smiled and waved to Jinki. Even from underwater, Jinki could see the boy’s round cheeks was pink. Cute... Jinki thought.

“Hi!”, he said from underwater. He gave Jinki a grin. A very wide one.

“Wha..How??”, It shocked Jinki. How a person could speak from underwater.

“YOU’RE A GHOST!!”, Jinki screamed and turned away to ran. But he was a clumsy person, so he fell to the pond instead.

“Help meeee!!! Mooom!! Daaaad!!! Anyoneee!! Heeelllppppp...asdfgrfjlk...”, he tried to keep float on the surface, but failed because he couldn’t swim. He drank a lot of water and lack of oxygen. Uncosciousness almost hit him, but in his blurred vision he saw the boy approaching him. The boy looked more beautiful from underwater, his hair looked so fluffy. Ah..so pretty... Jinki thought. And suddenly everything became dark.

 

“Hey, hey... wake up.. hiks...”, someone was crying. This person slapped Jinki, literrally.

“Please, don’t die....hiks...”, when Jinki opened his eyes, big brown orbs starring right to him, Who’s there? Is he crying? And the said person got closer...closer... and suddenly Jinki felt a very soft, plumps, and full lips on his. Wha.. what??

“Hey!!! What are you doing???”, Jinki pushed the boy away and wiped his mouth.

“YOU’RE STILL ALIVE!!”, the boy hugged Jinki so soooo tight, and he almost choked him to death, literally.

“I’M DYING NOW!! Get away from me!”, for the second time he pushed the boy away and tried to breath normally. “Did you try to kill me??!!!”

“But I saved you.”, the boy said.

“You were. But you almost kill me when you hug me!”, he glared to the boy. And it made the boy’s lips quivered, his eyes got so big like a kicked puppy.

“But... but... “

Jinki glanced to the boy, and he shocked. The boy started to cry, his round cheeks was red, his lips quivered. It made Jinki felt bad, sooo bad.

“Hey, look... I’m sorry...”, he pat the boy’s shoulder.

“But you hate meeee...”, the boy cried harder. And Jinki panicked. He started to cry too because he felt bad. Jinki didn’t want to be a bad kid, but he made this boy cried.

“I’m sorryyyy.....”, Jinki cried harder than the boy.

“Why are you cryiiiiing.....?”, the boy asked still crying.

“Because I make you cryyyy....”, Jinki answered and cried harder.

“It’s okaaaayyy......”, the boy cupped Jinki’s cheeks but still crying.

“Huwaaaaa....”, and.... Jinki still cried....

 

After several minutes, both little boys were tired from crying hard.

“It’s tiring y’know.”, Jinki said. They both lie down under the tree near the pond.

“What?”, the boy asked.

“Crying. It’s so tiring. I don’t want to do that anymore.”, Jinki said like it was the most important information in the world.

“Yeah. Me too. My eyes sore. Hey, your eyes getting smaller!”, the boy said in a serious tone.

“Really? So, is that’s why my vision getting narrower, because my eyes getting smaller!”, Jinki said in the matter-of-fact tone.

“How about now?”, the boy pulled Jinki’s cheeks.

“I don’t think it work. Maybe it’ll getting normal later.”

“Uhm.. yeah.. maybe.”

“Uhm... I’m Jinki by the way. What’s your name?”, Jinki asked the boy.

“Taemin. My name is Taemin.”