Intervention

The child who speak revenge


"He is on his way to your house." Jongkook speaks once he ended the call. Jihyo stared at him. They had decided to call this particular person to help Gary.
"Where do you guys know him?" Asks Jihyo
"Actually..i work with him before. Before he got all this fame. He is recently just came back from the mountain,  for meditation and helping police in few cases when he came back to Busan." Haha told the story. 
"He is very particular on every detail and story he got. That's why he became the favourite of his teacher." Jongkook adds.
Jihyo seems a bit restless while waiting for the arrival. Gary's mother is by her side all day. She knew about their plan and she agrees to whatever can get her son back. An hour later, a middle age men was brought to the living room by Kwangsoo, he fetch the man earlier from the train. They all bow to the man who had a serious looking and only able to draw a small smile from the angle of his lip. Chun Ae is holding on Jihyo's leg upon seeing the man. Jihyo slowly approaching him.
"Thank you for coming. I am his wife,  Jihyo."
" Lee Dongguk. I will try my best to help you. is this your son?" 
"Yes. There is another one in the room. She is sleeping."
"May i see your husband?"
"Sure. This way." Jihyo lead the man to the room. As soon as he enters the room, he looks hard at Gary while pacing around the bed. He touches at Gary's right wrist and hold on it for few minutes. He closes his eyes while doing that. Jihyo and the rest just watch whatever he does.
"He is stucked in that world. Many soul are holding him back. A bad soul. Its very difficult to release him." Dongguk says in monotonous tone after releasing gary's wrist.
"Why the bad soul? What they want from him?" Jihyo is bit tense in her words.
"I bet you know about his history from the past. All the bad things he did before. This is what haunted him."
Jihyo takes a deep breath, she realized that someday Gary's past will resurface in their life. And this is the time.
"So what can we do?" She asks in return.
"You need to help him. Release him from the hold of the bad soul."
"But how? I dreamt about him few times but i can't touch him!"
"I need to send you to the world. And you need to get him back in time."
"What? No..no..you cannot take Jihyo there. My son was already there for few months, what do you expect if she is stuck there too?" Mrs Kang shouts her worries.
"We have no choice. Only her can save him." Dongguk stares at Jihyo who is watching her husband on the bed. Their sweet memory together, their kids' faces replay in her mind. 
"I'll do it.." Jihyo faces Dongguk and nodded her head. She is gripping on. Mrs Kang's hand for assurance.

Lee Dongguk is known as dream analyst in Busan. He had a great teacher during his young age and had gone to few mountains around China and Korea for improving his skills. Only few people knew about his hidden ability when he using his skills, he able to communicate with the spirit world through a dream. Not many people had this ability. Recently he able to help police to solve a kidnapping case which lead to his fame now. However, he is still downearth and never boasted about his skill to anyone. He will come to them if he think they need him. He is willing to help Jihyo once he heard the story from Haha. He knew something more are hidden behind the incident.

"When is your husband's birthday?" 
"It should be 2 days from now."
"We can do it on that day. During our birthday, our soul is having a process of renewal. So i hope it will help him to release from that bad souls."
"What should i prepare?"
"First, you must find something that bound you together. Like a wedding ring or anything. It will help you to unchained the 'hold'. Second, bring together the bell that i give to you. Ring once after you find him. Ring twice after you able to release him and i will lead you back here. Third, no matter what happened or whatever you see inside just stick to our aim. To get him. Only him." Jihyo listens carefully to all the instruction given. She needs to be prepared within this two days.

However, during that awaiting two days something bad happen. Soo Jin having high grade fever and need to be hospitalized while Chun Ae is having nose bleeding the next day. Jihyo is worried whether this is a sign for her to stop their intervention but after given few words of courage by her famiy and friends, she sticks to her decision.

It was the day, Gary's birthday. Jihyo plays some soft music in the room. She goes to Gary side and holds his hand tightly while her other hand caressing his face.
"Happy Birthday honey! I hope i can see your smile again. We will meet soon.."
"Omma, do we have to blow a cake?" Chun Ae comes to her side and kisses Gary's cheek without been told.
"we will blow cake together, once appa awake. Okay?"
"Are you going to leave me and Soo Jin? Are you going to bring appa back?" Jihyo nodded her head after hearing that question. Tears flow down her cheeks while she is hugging her son tightly.

"Now, as what i brief you the day before, you must remember it thoroughly." Lee Dongguk explained in his stern voice while Jihyo focusing on each words.
"This is for your family. Keep it in your mind and heart. "
The words play in Jihyo's ear while she is taking her seat on the couch. She is ready to be hypnotized for her to accessing the spirit world.
"Are you ready?" Jihyo nods her head. Gary's mother together with her mother by her side. She grips on the bell on her palm. 
"Now, you just follow this locket swings. And relaxes yourself. Your eyes are tired and it needs a rest. Take in deep breath in and out....

Jihyo opens her eyes slowly. She looks around. She still on the couch but nobody by her side. The room is dark so she had to swithes on the torchlight in her hand. Slowly, she walks to the hallway towards the stairs. She can hears people laugh at the end of hallway but she had to focus to her aim. Gary's room. While climbing the staircase, she heard a familiar voice calling her from upstairs.
"Omma! Omma! Soo Jin is standing..come, follow me!"
"Chun Ae?! Why are you here?"
"Omma, come play with me.." The boy insists to pull Jihyo towards his room.
"No..no! You are not Chun Ae. I need to find my husband. Go away!" She rushes to the Gary's room. After opening the door, she looks around the room while shone the light forward.
"Kang Gary! Honey, where are you?" Jihyo moves inside the room. A loud screech made by a bed can be heard beside her. She moves the light towards the direction. Gary was lying on the bed. She rushes to the bedside and found Gary wide awake.
"Honey, can you hear me?" She was happy as she can touches the skin of her husband. Gary turns to her side, slowly he draw a smile.
"Jihyo? Is that really you?" 
"Yes its me. Honey, i'm bringing you back." Jihyo kisses Gary deeply on his lips but she senses something not right during the kiss.
"Honey, why you are not moving?" Jihyo tries to lift Gary's arm but it was so heavy.
"I'm trying to raise it but i can't move it. Its like someone holding onto my limbs. sometimes i felt i'm choked to death. Do you see anything below this bed?" Gary's sweats assign that he is trying much as he can.
"Oh wait, i need to inform Mr Lee." Jihyo rang the bell once and she searching around the bed. To her delight, few shadows of hands were holding Gary's body on the bed. She tries to removes the hand but as they are only the shadows, she cannot reach for it.
"Gary, there..there are shadows. They are holding onto you. This might be..."
"The bad soul. I heard it when Mr Lee talks to you. They haunt me here."
"What should i do now? They are too many of them!"
"Jihyo, remember Mr Lee said about the thing that bound us together. Do you bring it?"
"Oh!" Jihyo tooks their wedding ring and helps Gary to put one on him. They holds their hands together before a bright light came from underside of the bed. They close their eyes tightly as to prevent the glare. Echoes of screaming can be heard filling the room. Jihyo opens her eyes slowly when it turns silent. She looks at Gary who now able to sit by himself. Gary touches his face, arms and legs as to feel his body. He cries as soon as he hugs Jihyo. "I miss you..i miss you so much."
"Gary, we need to get out of here. Your birthday ended soon." They rushes towards the door and at the same time, Jihyo rang the bell twice to alert Mr Lee for their arrival.
"You think you can go just like that?!" Yoori came in front of them. Hyena who is behind her back approaches the couple.
"Oppa, you want to leave me? For her?" She screams out of her lungs which startled Jihyo.
"I never want to stay with you. And i never leave her. She is my wife and nobody can separate us!" Gary stands in between Hyena and Jihyo as to protect his woman.
"But you promise me..you promise me oppa.." Hyena breaks into tears.
"You misundestood it. The jewel is for me, but he lost it." Jihyo interrupted. It takes a while for Hyena to calm before Jihyo approaches her. 
"Your mother told me the story. initially i believe in her words but later when i found out the truth its hurt me to hurt the people i love and to distrust him. Its not easy for your mother to tell lies about you after losing her beloved daughter. Eventhough she knew you are wrong but she always on your side. She is bragging you futher, deep into you own hallucination that there is someone waiting for you, promise you. now, please. Please release him. He had family to care with." 
Before Hyena able to react, Yoori pushes Gary deep into the room. Jihyo shouts his name repeatedly but later she finds herself on the couch next to Mr Lee and her mother.
"He is still there?" Asks Mr Lee.
"They dragged him back! Omma..its Yoori!"
"Mr Lee, what we do now?" Haha interrupted
"She need an assistant. But we need to find the good candidate."
"Its near 12 am. We might lost him forever!"
"Omma..can i follow you?" Suddenly Chun Ae appears to the room. He heards the conversations just now.
"No Chun Ae. Just stay here. It is dangerous there.." Jihyo hugs her son worriedly.
"But omma, i promise to appa to protect you and Soo Jin. I am the hero. I want to save appa." He begs with his eyes.
"It will be a good idea. Your son is the the soul that bound you together. it is the most powerful thing that can get rid of the bad spirit."
"He might be injured.."
"Don't worry. Believe in yourself. "

Again Jihyo exits the room together with her son. They walk to the stairs. Once they enter the room, Chun Ae screams as he saw the shadows in front of them.
"Get away!" Jihyo yells while moving both their hands to them and the shadows slowly gives them the way.   
"Jihyo!" Gary is sitting on the floor. He is unable to move as Yoori pushed him onto the floor.
"Don't hurt appa!" Chun Ae runs to Yoori and pushes her aside. Gary freed himself and runs towards Jihyo after grab his son together. 
"This boy..you never let me in peace. How the fate plays with us both? We meet again." Yoori approaches them slowly. Hyena who is sitting on the table watches them from afar.
"You lied to me. You said appa will never leave me." Chun Ae talks to his 'friend'
"Omo! How cute are you? Big people always lie, like your parents."
"Don't touch my son! please, just let us go!" Gary holds Chun Ae in his arm and grab Jihyo with other hand. They runs towards the door but before they able to step forward, Jihyo fell on the floor. Her leg been caught by Hyena who is grin in satisfied. Both Gary and Hyena pulling Jihyo's body towards their side but seem it cause more pain to Jihyo. Chun Ae who is watching his mom runs towards Hyena and pushes her head backward.
"Arghh!!!" Hyena screams loudly as fire appeared from Chun Ae touch. Chun Ae watches the fire and still in shock. Hyena release her grip from Jihyo and runs deep inside the room. The echo of the scream is slowly loss once she disappeared.
"What is this boy?" Yoori who seem in shock, slowly steps backward. 
"He is Kang Chun Ae and he who is speak for our revenge.." Gary hold his son back into his arm and moves towards Yoori. In a second, Yoori was slowly burn as Chun Ae grips into her tightly. The scream continue but this time is Yoori's. Without awaiting the Kang family exit from the room. Jihyo rang the bell in that moment. During their journey to downstairs, few screams and laughs can be heard. The shadows who try to grab them into the room back but they able to resist it. Finally, they reach the living room before a bright light appears in front of them.

"Jihyo..jihyo ah.." The sound from her mother wakes Jihyo up. Jihyo opens her eyes. She looks at her side, Chun Ae is rubbing both his eyes and looks blank for a moment.
"Am i dreaming?" He asks Jihyo. Jihyo shakes her head. Dongguk take a seat in front of her.
"He should be showing some response by now." Dongguk pats at her shoulder.
"Song Jihyo! Are you awake?" Haha's voice can be heard from upstairs. They rush to Gary's room.
"He makes some noise just now and the monitor is keep ringing!" Haha tells panicly.
"His vitals are stable. The heart monitor didn't show any abnormal sign." Yeojin who is looking after Gary all the night reporting.
"Gary..honey. Wake up! We are here.." Jihyo hold Gary's hand tightly. Her eyes watching any response from Gary's face. Miracle happens after few seconds later. Gary slowly opening his eyes, his gaze wandering around him before focusing on Jihyo. He grips Jihyo's hand as a response.
"Hi..."his voice is very soft maybe due to prolong coma made his vocal cord weak. Jihyo cries happily and hugs her husband tightly. Everyone in the room who also having the same emotion, cries together. Their hardwork and waits shows a success.
"You did a good job." Lee Dongguk smiles towards the family.
"Thanks to you. We should treat you nicely. Thank you so much." Jihyo smiles back to him. Her face cannot contains the happiness that build inside. She is relieved that her family is back again. With Chun Ae on her lap, she kisses Gary's cheek, "Happy Birthday, yeobo." Gary smiles widely but tears can be seen at his eyes.


*Finally i'm back. Its really difficult for me to write this part as its involve few actions and i need to imagine on that. Sorry for any typing error or wrong vocab. Feel free to comment! The last chapter after this..