Memory That Faded

The child who speak revenge


Its been a week Jihyo avoided her husband. Gary who is not giving up to contact Jihyo still left in blury image regarding the cause of separation. To him the priority is to sit together and discuss face to face. Meanwhile, Gary is losing his focus in work and he will stay at home most of the time as thought Jihyo will come back anytime. Occasionally, he will call his brother in law to ask about his kids. It is the only thing that make him stronger each day despite the separation.


It was near 10pm at night. Gary took 3 can of beer before he heard a bell at front door. He did not see anyone from the video camera but as the bell kept ringing he asks for the person on the other side.
"Who is that? I can't see you.." 
"Appa!" Chun Ae's voice can be heard. Gary run to front door to unlock and noted his son at the door, alone. He hugs the boy tightly as he had been missed him.
"How you get here? Where is omma?" Gary questioned his son soon after he breaks the hug.
"I..i..came by myself..i miss you.."
"Really? How..how did you..aishh..luckily there is nothing happened to you. Omma should be worry now, i need to call her." Gary takes his phone. As usual the phone enters voicemail. He sighed after few tries. He was just about to call his parents in law when Chun Ae hugs his side.
"Appa, you don't want me here? I want to stay with you. Omma will scold me if she knows i'm here. I can't see you again.." He is sobbing next to Gary. Gary's heart feel saddened with that words. He carries his son in his arm and patted him softly.
"Its okay. You will stay with appa tonight. Tomorrow, we will see omma. We will stay together again. I promise.."
"Can i sleep with you tonight?"
"Sure, you are tired isn't it?" Gary bring his son to the bedroom. As usual, Chun Ae will climb on his chest and sleep straight away after Gary humming slow song for lullaby.
"I miss you too..." Said Gary before he goes to sleep.
In the middle of night, Gary who is sleeping is slightly awake to some soft touch on his chest. It was cold. He also can felt few soft breath near his ear and neck. The touches continue all over his upper part of body which distracted him most. He felt a light touch on his lip. The touches seem different from Jihyo's, he opened his eyes and to his surprise a lady is straddling on his lap. She had a wicked smile while looking at him. both of her hands on his shoulder tries to pull him closer but Gary senses her move and pushed her hardly from him. He wears his shirt and stares at the lady.
"Oppa..don't you miss me?"
"Who the hell are you?" Gary already stood at the bedside, searching for Chun Ae in the meantime.
"Don't you remember me?" The lady approached him again. She puts her arms around his neck and pulls him closer. She whispers near his ear, "i am Hyena..Kim Hyena.." 

Gary opened his eyes. He still on the bed. He sighed as remembering his dream just now but suddenly he stood up. 
"Chun Ae? Chun Ae ah.." He searching thorough the house. He is sure his boy come to meet him up that night. He went to front door but there is no Chun Ae's shoe. He passes at the living room and saw 3 cans of beer on the table. 
"Am i just dreaming?" He tooks his phone and see the call log. Its true that he had been calling his wife around 10pm. He dialled for  Mr Song, father in law.
"Hello, abeoji.."
"Yah! What are you thinking? Call me in the middle of night!" The tone of his father in law really shows how pissed of that elderly had to picked up the call in the middle of his sleeping.
"I'm sorry but can you get me to your daughter. I've been calling her for ages. Its about our son.." It took few minutes to assure his father in law before he passed the phone to her daughter.
"What do you want? could you wait for the morning?" Jihyo asks in her annoyed tone.
"Is Chun Ae with you?" Gary asks soon after hearing Jihyo's voice.
"Yes. He is sleeping next to me now. If you want to talk to him then please wait till morning. We need to sleep here."
" Is he with you all the time today?"
"Of course he is with me since a week ago as his father didn't care to come and visit him! What is wrong with you?"
"No its just i think he came home just now. He said he miss me.."
"Kang Gary..i think you are hallucinating or..you drunk..i'm hanging up now." Jihyo ended the call before Gary able to talk further.
"No..no..i'm not drunk. I still can remember it..i hug him..its not a dream."
"But..the lady..it is a dream right?" Gary mumbled to himself. He lifted up his shirt and showing his upper body at the reflection mirror. His eyes widened as seeing few bite mark  and scratches can been seen.
"Oh my god! What the hell happened here?" His heart thumping fast as he near fall on the floor shocking as watching his own body.
"Kim Hyena? Who is she? Is it real?" Gary stutters as he recalled the name in his 'dream' just now.
"We recognized a body...The identity had been revealed...Kim Hyena.." The words from the Officer Kim almost a year ago suddenly flashed into his mind. He starts to sweat, the beating of his heart became uneventful. He looks around the house as ready for any danger that might come. A soft laugh of a lady can be heard upstairs as had it own charm, Gary is attracted to it. He slowly walks to the source of the sound. As he approaches the room, he can clearly see a young lady sits on his working desk. The lady slowly raise up her head facing him as sensing Gary's presence.
"Who..who are you? How you..you come here?" 
"Oppa..how could you?" Gary saw her face. She is crying with a pale face of her, the tears seem like obvious on her. The lips are bluish with the black rim under her eyes.
"What..what are you? And why you disturbed me?"
"Oppa..we met few years ago. I'm Kim Hyena.."
"So you are dead! Oh gosh! Why am i dragged into this kind of thing again!" Gary was just about to step outfrom the room but the door was shut behind and locked.
" i think i need to regain your memory back.." Just like watching a movie, Gary was brought into flashback of his memory in front of him.

Flashback
Gary with Gil were in their usual club. Enjoy their time with few girls surround them at VIP bay. They are celebrating their new team member for music production. As time goes by, Gary's eyes caught on a lady sitting at near the bar. She looks innocent in her way.
"Gil ah, i think i caught my big fish tonight!" He made his way from the VIP bay to the lady.
"You are crazy man! Good luck on hooking..see you tomorrow!" Gil bid farewell to his buddy while still enjoying his time. Meanwhile Gary already takes a seat near the lady.
"In case you are wondering who am i and why am i sitting to the prettiest lady in this club, i am Kang Gary and i think we are destined to meet each other." Gary shows his hand to shake but the lady refuse to reply
.
"Actually me and my friend, we are looking for a new talent. You know as a singer. Oh by the way, we are involves in a  production and we are celebrating our new team production tonight. You are lucky to meet us tonight." The lady slowly peeks a glance at him as pay interests on the words.
"So you are?" Gary closes his distance to the lady as the music plays louder.
"Kim Hyena.."
"Such a unique name. You are alreeady had a fame on it. Why don't you try?"
"I'm sorry but are you really Kang Gary? The one who just received this year Best Music Score Award?" She turns to Gary to have a better view. 

"And the one who came back with Asia Choice Award.." Said Garyproudly. The lady just realized she was talking to the professional in music and she shows her interests in his music. They talked for fine hours, with exchanging toast until both are drunk. 
"I can see your passion in music so much..so what are youdoing now? Come and join us!" In his drowsiness, he kept saying that words. Hyena who is actually still finding her way in her life was really grateful with their meeting that night. A beam of happiness and joy can be seen. She totally trusted on this man.
"I think we had to call it a night, you can come to our office and we can discuss about it. But don't you think we should have some private time by ourselves?" Gary whispered on her ear. He slowly landed few kisses along her jawline to seduce her more.

"I like that kind of approach. Should we?" Hyena grabs Gary's hand and lead them towards the exit. They headed to nearby hotel.

When morning approaches, Gary had a severe splitting headache which cause him to groan in pain. The lady next to her stirred and woke up later. Hyena approaches to touch Gary's face but he avoided it.
"Sorry to wake you up. We having good time last night. Thank you.." Gary took his clothes on the floor and left to bathroom. When he went out, Hyena still sitting on the bed holding the blanket towards her chest.
"Don't you want to go out? I will be leaving to work after this.." Gary asked while took his jacket on the chair.
"How about the deal oppa?" 
"Deal?" "Yes, the deal. About last night..you promise me.."

"Oh, come to see me then..." Actually Gary can't remember anything from his deal that been made. He thought Hyena is asking for money in other to repay for her body. But it seem awkard for him to pay directly in the morning when he got no big amount of money at that time. 
"Where is your office then?" But the question just disappear into the air as Gary already leaving the room. Meanwhile, Hyena was smilling remembering their moment together.

It already few weeks passed, Hyena had difficulty to assure her mother to give her permission to pursue her dream. Her mother thought being a singer is a hopeless future. They are having big quarrel and Hyena is having difficulty to prove on Gary's honesty to her mother. She tries to find Gary at his usual club but no sign of him and when her hopes is about to crush, she found Gary in one of the club. But she unable to go further as that time, she saw Gary is drinking few glasses and talks about his frustration of being loss to his buddy. He looks disturbed and unapproachable. She follows Gary's cab when she notices Gary went out from the club. Then she knew Gary's studio house. She needs to talk to Gary but it still not the time yet.

She made her move a few days later. Her dream cause her loss the judgement. She became obsessive. Everything she saw is Gary and her image as a singer. Her mother who unable to control it anymore just left her with her own decision.

That morning at studio, Gary had a good talk with Gil. He is talking about a woman that cause his life miserable. 
"You know what? I found her..but she seem can't remember me.."
"Really? Yah Kang Gary you should make your move. Where is she now? Did you had her contact number?"
"Indeed this is our destiny.." Gary smiles remembering her face. He tooks the blue box with the necklace inside. He shows it to Gil who already found it amused as Gary never had this kind of feeling towards woman.
"So you want to propose to her?"

"No matter what it takes, i will give it to her.." a phone call stops Gary from his dream. His mother asks him to come to hospital. Little that this 2 man knew, a lady was ear peeking at the back of the door. Hyena invited herself to the room after been show the way by the staff. While waiting for Gary, she can heard the two men having some discussion. All the time, she was thinking the lady who Gary mentioned is her. When the men left the room, Hyena smiles at the notes in the blue box. She left the studio happily hearing the good news.

Hyena was standing outside the studio house few days later. She dressed up herself for Gary. She was eager to meet him. Its already 12pm but seem no one was there. The front door was closed  and no car in the parking area. Suddenly one of the male staff came with Gary's car. He is rushing towards the door. While another staff came out from the car following him behind.
"Come on bro..we need to hurry. Gary is waiting!" Both men was wearing a fine black suit. Hyena was waiting at the side door when those men came out from the house and rushing back to the car.
"are we going straight away to the church or pick him up?"
"We called him in the car later. Hurry up!"
"Excuse me..may i know if you are Gary's staff?" Hyena interrupted them. One of the guy looks at her with full of questions but still nodded his head.
"Do you know where is Gary ssi?"
"Are you going to his wedding?" The guy asks as seeing her dressed nicely
.
"Wedding?" Hyena's eyes widened as hearing those word. She hold her tears in front of the men.
"He is getting married today. We are getting our leaves since yesterday. Are you looking for him for business purpose?" 
"No..yes..yes. I guess i don't clarified back our appointment. I don't know that he is getting married today."
" yeah. It was so sudden. His mother was sick and send to hospital that day. Then suddenly he told us about the wedding few days later. I guess this is her mother's wish. You know our boss should have settled down earlier."
"Who he is getting married to?"
"She is a doctor. I heard she is having his child now and that's make sense of this gun shot wedding!"
"Yah bro! We are in hurry. You don't want Gary to scold us right?" The other men shout from inside the car.
"Sorry, we need to go first. Try to come back next week for him." 
Hyena bowed lightly to the man. She is holding the locket of her necklace. Tears fall down soon after the car leaves the
house.
Since that day, she was like a stalker. To her, Gary was forced to get married as her mother is dying and his wife is expecting a child. she always look for an opportunity to approach Gary but to no avail, Gary's life change after the marriage. She was lost and been admitted to hospital few times for suicidal attempt. Until one day, she saw Jihyo and Chun Ae came out from the studio. Jihyo was pregnant that time. Her face shows how happy she is with her life. Soon she saw Gary follows from behind and kissed his wife passionately after put his son at his car seat. Hyena was heartbroken watching this happy family. She reaches her limit. She was late..too late. And she decided to end her life in front of her beloved. She hopes the man will find her and appreciate her feelings. She chose the place for him to see, for him to remember the memory of them.

End of flashback

Gary is fell on the floor after the flashback. He was thrown due to the impact from unknown source. He blinks his eyes few times before open it slowly. He struggles to stand up and while looking around his empty working room. 
"Hyena..Kim Hyena! Come out here..we need to talk!" His voices echoing inside the room. Although he is shaken himself but he need to solve the misunderstanding.
"So now you realized is it? How cruel you are back then! How could you left me alone with all the hope you promise to me?! " Gary turns his head to the source of the voice. Hyena is already stood with her furious look at his back. She moves slowly towards him but Gary also distance himself.
"I'm sorry if  i treat you badly before..but i have to tell you. All of this while, there is no other woman. It always my wife, Jihyo! The necklace..the necklace i lost it. It is for her. I planned to propose to her since the day i found her back but i was too shocked when heard about the pregnancy. My heart hurts seeing her cries since the wedding. I don't want to start with that way. That's why i totally forgot about the necklace.."
"That's a liar!!" Suddenly another voice came from the door. Gary looks up and his eyes refuse to believe what he saw, a lady in red.
"Yoori? Why..why you are here?"
" you liar! You never love your wife! You are trapped in marriage life because of your son.."
" you don't know anything about us. You are the one who try to break our marriage! And even you are dead now, you still ruined it. Now tell me what do you want?!"
"I want you.." Hyena replied.
"What? No..i can't! I know i owe you a life but its unfair to me.."
" Kang Gary, you don't have time. You had to be responsible for what you cause before. If not, we will take your son. Beside, we already introduce ourselves to him. " Yoori smirks while taking her seat.
"So all of this time, he talks to you?" Gary reminded himself about the drawing he saw few months ago.
"Oppa..you would not want your son to behave like that forever right?"
"You are the one who make your life, your family miserable. you bring up that child. That son of yours he cause me to die!" Yoori is shouting in her anger.
" Don't touch my family! Leave me alone!!" Gary stormed out from the room. He wants to escape from the house. However, his step stops abruptly at the staircase. Hyena stood in front of him.
"I'm sorry oppa.. I left you for a long time..its time for us..you are mine, forever mine!" Gary was thrown to downstairs by a powerful force. The only thing he saw is his family's picture before the vision is slowly faded.


Jihyo is driving to their house. Her conversation with Yeojin just now remains in her ears.
"She looks like a stalker to me..Yah, can you at least give some time for him to explain. Even i'm not his wife, i know he is not that kind of man. Jihyo ah, my advise is you guys should talk. Its not who need to start first, its the matter of time. You are losing some weight, you lost your focus. Please at least find a solution to this. You guys had made till this level!"
She don'tget his call since last night and she is worried. He promise to call for their son but no sign of him. She reaches the home and enters quietly. 
"Gary.." She calls once she reaches the living room but no answer. The lamp still switched on. Jihyo walks to switch area and noticed a body lie on the floor. There is blood pooling under his body.
"HONEY!!" Jihyo reaches for Gary who still unconcious. She is crying and trembling, fears of losing.


Author notes: this chapter might be related to my previous ff. feel free to reread the ff for better view. Enjoy!