Birthday

The child who speak revenge

 

Gary is busy cleaning the mess in his working room when Jihyo knocked on the door. She just reached their home after work and notice her husband who is now had furios looking on his face, wiping on his working desk. Looking at the mess Jihyo knew what the reason of his face look.
"Yeobo..is him again?" Ask Jihyo. Gary was a bit startled initially but he still nodded his head and continue to wipe the table.
"What he did today? Did you scold him?" Jihyo ask softly while rubbing at his back to calm his mood.
He let out a big sigh and grabbed her waist. He stopped wiping and lead her to the couch nearby.
"I was driving to your parent's house when i noticed he unbuckled his seatbelt and jumping out from the chair. You know how dangerous it can be! Some more i rode  on the steep road." Jihyo widened her eyes when hearing his story and Gary continue to talk.
"And he told your parents about your threat to beat him if he dropped the food from the table. Can you imagine how deep the glare your father gave to me? We just reconcile 2 years ago, now this kid..haishh!"
"Its okay honey..i will talk to them later. Then, how about this mess?"
"Soon after we reach home, he shouting to our neighbour's dog. So i just had to drag him inside and talk to him."

Flashback
"Chun Ae ah, appa is tired now. Can you be less active a bit today? You know you had done 3 big mistake today And you not yet ask for forgiveness. Remember what appa and omma told you? What will happened if you don't ask for forgiveness?"
Gary said in low voice while grabbing both his son's arm. He tried to sit still the boy. Chun Ae lightly nodded  while looking at Gary' eyes.
"So what you should said?"
" appa.." Chun Ae speak slowly while Gary anticipate on his words.
"..let me go." He speak sternly while try to escape from Gary's grip.
Gary closed his eyes and sighed heavily. His head fall down to the floor, hopeless. Still he moves his hand from his son.
After 1 hour, Gary able to force his son for shower. He went to the kitchen to prepare dinner for them. 
"Chun Ae ah, come and eat your dinner. Omma  will reach home soon!"  He repeatedly call his son but no answer. Sensing bad things, he quickly went upstairs. Chun Ae was scribbling on Gary's notepad and Gary also noticed spill of juices that  he gives earlier to Chun Ae on his working desk.
"Yah! Kang Chun Ae! Who told you to come to this room? Isthere not enough paper in your room? And what is this? What is this?!" Gary yellingto his son while pointing to the spill of juice.
"What did appa said ? Can you enter thisroom?" He continue to scold his son who is know started to sob. Looking at his frightened face, Gary calm himself. 
"I'm sorry..Appa is sorry." He hug his son tightly. Is not the first time he raised his voice to his son. Chun Ae cried on his shoulder before he felt asleep.

Now its Jihyo's turn to sigh. She hold Gary's hand, looking for comfort. 
"Is he sleeping now?" Gary nodded his head.
"Did we fail to educate him? He became mischiveous each day. I'm worried he will turn..."
Gary stopped her words when he purposely put his finger on her lips.
"He is good son. He is just learning about the world. The problem is too much people dote on him and we forgot to correct him if he is wrong. we always worried about the past incident. He might be affected from the kidnapping. I know he is listening to our command is just he tried to do the opposite." Gary tried to comfort his wife. Jihyo nodded her head as agreement, she rubbed her belly softly.
"I hope it will turn good for her. She will follow her oppa and they will play happily."
Gary smile looking at his wife who is now in her 20 weeks of pregnancy. This is her fourth pregnancy after 2 consecutive miscariagge for past two years. they always pray for the successful of this pregnancy
"You should rest also. I don't want you to get tired." Gary pulled her hand with him. She stopped halfway.
"I go and see him first." Gary nodded and went to their bedroom, leaving jihyo in front of their son's room.

Jihyo slowly make her way to side of the bed. She caressed Chun Ae's cheek before kiss on his forehead. she was just about to reach the door when her son call her,
"Omma.." He is rubbing his eyes before blinks it few times.
"Oh! Am i waking you up? I' m sorry.." She turn back to his bed. Sat herself next to him while hugging his side.
"Is appa still mad at me?" He ask in his low voice.
"Appa? No..he never mad at you. Appa is just tired."
"Omma, if my sister come out, will you mad at me also?" Jihyo stop smiling at his word. She never knew that he already felt jealous about his unborn sister.
"No..i will always see you to sleep, hug you, kiss you. We will never change."
"Last time, you said the same thing but you just stay in your room. Appa does not want to talk to me. I had to stay with harabeoji and halmonim." Again Jihyo startled at his words. She knew that he is remembering the last year incident when she just had the second miscarriage. She was too depressed that time and always felt wrong to Gary. But after few therapy, she able to regain her life back.
"I'm sorry..we are sorry. We should not left you behind..i'm sorry." Jihyo tightened her hug. She started to break into tears. Chun Ae tightened his hold on Jihyo. He know how sad his mother now. after few minutes, he again became a loud kid as usual.
"So what did halmonim gave you today?" Jihyo ask him.
"She gave me few toys but i left it there."
"Why? I thought you want it.."
"No..she will take it!" Chun Aepointed to Jihyo's belly.
" don't worry. Your sister is a girl, she won't play your toys. Okay?"
Chun Ae nodded in hesitant. while humming the lullaby, Jihyo noticed a mark in a calendar on a table.
"You know it is near your birthday right?" Ask Jihyo. chunAe just grinned happily.
"So what you want this year?"
"Mmm..can i have transfomer in our home?" Jihyo laugh on his suggestion but she still kept in her mind about his request. Gary who overheard from the door also smile, he is just impressed on how his wife handling their son.

It is the day of Chun Ae's birthday. Both Jihyo and Gary are busy making preparation for the event. Chun Ae is in his hyperactive mode since morning. He will occasionally disturb his mother and follows his father all the day. He is in a good mood.
"Is Transformer here yet?" He kept asking the question everytime someone rang the bell. But to his disappointment, only few guests who kept coming as invitation of his parent.
"Annyeonghaseyo.." A middle age guy came in together with a teenage boy. Chun Ae flashed his big smile and run to their way.
"Min Jung samchon!" Chun Ae hug his body tightly. 
"Ya..you are a big boy now. I cannot lift you up anymore." MinJung laugh at the boy's action.
"Hyung..Omma and Appa called Transformer to visit us today!" Chun Ae speak excitedly to Hee Young who kept silent along the way.
"Really? So who is your favourite? " Hee Young shows his excitement while both of them walking to the outside garden.
"Oppa, thanks for coming," Jihyo interupted.
"Don't say it. We are family by the way. Where is Gary? I should brought the present earlier but we just came back from States."
"Its okay oppa. At least you made your time here. Gary is outside, he is busy handling the food." With that Minjung excused himself to the garden also.
Few minutes later, the big surprise that awaiting for all of the kids in the garden reachs the house. there were 2 big robot as a main character of Transformer : Optimus Prime and Bumble Bee. All kids started to surround the robot included Chun Ae. He tried to hug both of the robot. Gary who is attending the guests still keep his eyes on his son. 
"Hyung, looks how happy your son is!" Hahah pointed to the kid.
"Its his birthday anyway. You should see when he is alone at home. You never know how tired it isto handle him." Gary replied
"You mentioned something about his weird action. What is it?" 
"Ahh..that. Is it normal for a kid at his age to have his imaginary friend?"
"Hyung, it is normal for 5 years old kid. Plus he is lonely so thats why he will create his own world. I see quite few parents came to our clinic with same problem." Kwangsoo interupted the conversation.
"I see..so i just let him be?"
"Yup. He will forget about it eventually."
"You are really anxious father." Sukjin commented further.
"Aniya..he kept answering me the same answer when i ask him why he did this and that. Stress! He said his friend told him. his friend might be a big enemy of us!" Gary shake his head and cause laughter to the group.
While they are busy chatting, a loud scream can be heard from the crowd of the kids. Gary rushes to the sound. Hee Young hold his head, he is in pain. Blood can be seen flow from his head. Gary looks on his head. A deep wound can be seen.
"Chun Ae..he throw a stone to me," Hee young pointed to Chun Ae.
"Hee Young..are you okay?" MinJung came in a rush. Jihyo follows from back. 
"What happened here?" Jihyo ask the kids.
"Chun Ae hit oppa. He don't want him to touch Optimus Prime.."a young girl confessed after a silent.
"Chun Ae ah..why you do that?" Jihyo ask him softly while patting his back. 
"She told me..she will give me my present but i need to hit hyung!" His face reddened tried to hold his anger.
"Who is she?! Your friend? Where is she? Tell her appa want to see her.." Gary crossed his arm while looking down to his son. He is embarassed with the guests about his son behaviour.
"Yeobo..." Jihyo patted his arm softly. She noticed her parents' face at the back. She tried to fake a smile.
"Gary ah..its okay. I will bring him to the hospital. Excuse us.." Min jung who sense the tension there tries to break it.
"Chun Ae ah, say sorry to hyung. Say it.." Gary pushes his son forward to bow to his cousin but he resisted.
"NO!!" Shout Chun Ae and run inside. Everyone looks at him. 
"We are sorry hyung..hee young ah, please forgive Chun Ae. I will talk to him later. That boy.." Gary bow to Min jung as a forgiveness.
"Never mind Gary. Maybe he is just sad for something. I need to go now."
Both Gary and Jihyo send him to the front door. When they came back to the garden, all of the guest still having their good time.
"Honey, i will bring him for cake session.." Jihyo knew at this point of time, Gary will be unable to talk to his son so she need to do the damage control.

Jihyo was about to climb the stairs when her mother aprroached her.
"He is in the room there. " her mother pointed to the store room.
"Omma..I know what you and appa thought. Gary is not that kind of guy. You see it by yourself how difficult to handle ChunAe."
"But still, he should not raise his voice in front of the kids!"
"Omma..we talk about this later. I need to find Chun Ae."

Jihyo peeks at the door. She can see her son sat on one of the chair. Facing a rocking chair in front of him. She was about to aprroach him when she heard he is talking
"Appa is mad again. He will send me to halmonim's house. Will you follow me there?"
Jihyo focused on his voice from the loud from the garden.
"Where is my present? I know you love more than appa. So when will your friend come?"
It was a long silent and Jihyo had to interuppted the chat session of Chun Ae and his 'friend'.
"Chun Ae ah..its time for your cake!" With that, he slowly dragged himself to the door.