Understanding

The child who speak revenge

They go back late that night. Gary carries Chun Ae to his room while Jihyo with Soo Jin to her room. Both of them still in deep sleep. Gary changes his son's clothes before lays beside him, patting him softly.
"I will never leave you alone. You are my son. Let's spend time together more often after this. You are special..so special," Gary watches his son's face and caress it softly.

Flashback
Gary, Il Gook and Hwi Jae were drinking while having some guy talk. Il Gook purposely invited his brother in law who he thought need his help.
"I agree with you Chun Ae is a bit different boy. He isolated himself often and talk less. He only talk to certain people. Seriously i never heard any words from him. Did he always like that?" asks Il Gook. He don't want to tell his parents about that as they seem to be ignorant.

"Hyung, i am not making story but it had been like that. He grew up in a small number of family so i thought it  is normal for him to be like that. When we are outside of the house, he will turn passive but he will scream and shout if he didn't get what he want."
"Kids always whining. But i heard he attempted to hurt himself once?" Hwi Jae turns to ask.
"Aniya..he felt down that time. He hit people often. Aish..can you help me hyung?"
"If you not control him well, he will be more agressive. He need to socialize more, make friends. He is avoiding Manse just now. You know howpassionate my son is when seeing new people."

"How you handle your sons?"
"Be friend with them. Talk to them often. Anticipate their interesting. Once they trust you, they will follow you. And kids always copy whatever you do and said, so if you guys had a fight just do in the bedroom."
"One more Gary ah, we don't use word don't, no when you want to educate them. Explains in a better words. Sometimes they need explaination rather than instruction."
Gary nodded his head, trying his best for his son.

End of flashback.

Gary adjusts the bed cover and kiss Chun Ae's forehead. He walks passes the study table. There is a drawing on top. He looks on the drawing. A boy sitting on the bed with two girl or lady next to the table. The first lady wearing all red. The second lady had a necklace on it with purple locket. He stares at the drawing intensely. his eyes widened as he noticed a picture of a house at the right top. It has a number on it. 
"Is that the number of our old apartment? How did he know that?"


Jihyo is rushing out from her room. She got a call from the school. She passes the nurse counter and looking for someone.
"Where is Dr Gook? Tell him i had an emergency at home. I will cover his shift tonight." The nurse nodded as receive the order.
Gary and Jihyo met in front of principal's room. They hold hand and took seat in front of the principal.
"Mr Kang, Mrs Kang. Its been a while since we first met. I rarely called our students' parent but this is really important. I hope you can hear me well in what i am about to say, about your son, Kang ChunAe." Jihyo's grip tightened once she heard her son name.
"He pushed one of the student from the stairs. And the girl is quite bad injured. We are trying our best to avoid media coverage but her parents is disappointed with this issue."
"Is there any eye witness? How can you be sure my son pushed her?" Gary interrupted.
"Mr Kang..we don't simply accuse your son and called both of you here. There is few students who witness it. I know it is difficult to accept it. We already ask him about this case but he refused to talk. As far as i know, he does not have any problem in his homework or his test. But he is the most passive student i had. That is why i can't believe he will do that."
"Principal, where is he now?" Asks Jihyo.
"He is in the room next door. I hope both of you can talk to him."
They step into the room. Chun Ae sits on the couch. He looks down on the floor. A teacher who accompany him make an excuse to give time for that family. Gary and Jihyo both took seat next to him. Gary side hug him, to keep his calm.
"We are not talking about the incident. We are here from our work just to make sure you are okay. i know you will tell appa once you ready." Jihyo is a bit shocked hearing that calmness from Gary's voice.
"Baby, do you love this school?" Jihyo asks while patting his head. Chun Ae nodded his head but still look down.
"You are tired isn't it? Come let's go home. Yeobo, i think i will bring him to the studio..." Gary was about to leave when Chun Ae pulls his hand to sit.
"Omma..appa..i didn't push her. They told me to..i tried to save her.." Chun Ae stutters, he is holding his tears. His eyes stares at Gary as ready to be punish.
"Chun Ae ah, what..what are you talking? Who told you?" Jihyo pulls her son to face him. He is crying soon after.
"Appa will scold me.." He is sobbing. Gary sits next to him. He carries his son to be sit on his lap. Chun Ae continue to cry at his chest.
"So you want to tell us now? Appa not angry at you. We love you, you know that right?"

Flashback
Chun Ae looks through the window. Few kids was running around the field. He continue to draw on a paper. 
"Chun Ae ah, you don't want to play with your friends?" His teacher calls from her table. He shakes his head still focusing on his drawing. 
"What are you drawing?" The teacher already came to his side but there is no response from her student.
"Come here. We are going for gardening. You can bring the flowers to your omma," he takes his teacher's hand soon hearing the word 'omma'.

They went to the storeroom and he is helping his teacher to pick up few tools to bring to the garden. It was then he noticed a figure in front of him.
"You are avoiding us right? You think you are safe now?" The lady seem angry with his ignorance past few days. Chun Ae runs outside, leaving his teacher who is calling his name. He runs until he knock on a girl. They fell down on the floor.
"Its hurt.." The girl rubs both her palm. She looks up at Chun Ae who quickly stands up and run. The girl chase after him while shouting his name. They reaches the staircase.

"No.." He stops the girl from going further but his eyes watches as the lady in red approaches them.
"Do you want to see what i will do when i am mad?" The lady stepped slowly to stand just behind the girl. Her hand was ready to push the girl down.
"Don't touch her!" He screamed. "who are you talking to?" The girl asks him, she looks around but nobody was there. As the lady raised her hand, Chun Ae grabs the girl's shoulder but unfortunately they slipped and girl felt downward. Everyone gather soon hearing the girl scream.
End of flashback

"Honey, i think he told the truth. I never see him as scared as that. He learns before." They are discussing that night. Gary frowned as remembering his son's story.
"But who are they? The lady...wait!" Gary stopped at his words. He goes to Chun Ae's room and bring the drawing he saw before to Jihyo.
" i saw this few days ago. If this is the lady in red he is talking about, his words might be true. You see..this. This is our old house number. How can he get that? We left that house before he can read numbers."
"Is this lady related to our old apartment? Honey, i don't want the same things happened again. What should we do?"
"Maybe we can ask him.. The name or at least the features."
"I'm worried he will be traumatized by what happened today. We must not force him. Let him be opened once he is ready." Gary nodded to Jihyo's suggestion.
"I need to ask Haha and Sukjin hyung. If they having any problem recently. Just like those days, how we are related."


Chun Ae following his mother to hospital. Jihyo purposely took his son to see Child Psychologist, Dr Choi. She is one of Jihyo's coursemate and they hang out quite often. Sensing that her friend had problem with her son, she offered help.
"Chun Ae ah, today you don't have to go to school. You will had a lesson here, with Teacher Choi. Okay?" Chun Ae grips his mother's skirt And hid behind. He refuses to be left at new place.
"Don't worry, omma will be here. Omma will sit here. Come, Teacher Choi is waiting." 
"Chun Ae ah, you loves to draw right? Come here, look what i got for you. Woah..there is lots of color here. Don't you want to try?" Dr Choi baits him into the room. After few attempts, he enters the room by himself. Dr Choi closes the door while assigned to Jihyo to watch through the glass window.
Jihyo can see that her son really focusing at drawing resembles his father at works. She smiles reminding her husband. As the glass separated the room, Jihyo unable to hear anything from inside. But she realized something, Chun Ae will occasionally peeks at his side before continue his drawing. After an hour, Dr Choi leaves him alone in the room to join Jihyo.
"How is it?" Jihyo immediately asks her.
"Jihyo ah, he had very poor eye contact with me. But usually my patient will experiences the same in their first visit. But he can draw well. He will answer me by drawing and only if he cannot draw it, he will talk to me."
Jihyo continues to hear from her friend while watching her son inside.
"He draws about his father a lot. He feels attached to him and afraid of losing him."
"You means he is jealous of his father's attention to sister, Soo Jin?"
Dr Choi took out one of the drawing, " i don't think so, because he loves his sister. See this drawing, he carries Soo Jin, he draws in pink which means love. He also draws the family of four hold hand together. But when i ask him who is he afraid of losing, he just points to this.." She tooks another drawing. Two ladies in the drawing who sit on chair. She points to a lady in black who had a necklace with a purple locket. Another lady is in red.
"Red and black are not good colour of identity. He saw dark image from them but he refuses to tell me who is them. Do you have any idea who is they?"
"Actually we see a lot of his drawing with this two ladies. We thought they are his imaginary friend."
"Looks like he is hiding something butwe cannot force him to be more open in one quick session. You can bring him next time. I will give the time." Jihyo bows to her friend before hugs her as appreciation.
She then brought Chun Ae to her office for a while before they headed home. 
Jihyo was about to leave her office when one of the resident knocks on her door.
"Dr Song, luckily you are here. We just need your opinion regarding one case in resus room."
"Oh, give me a minute. I will come.." She looks at her son who is sitting on the couch.
"Chun Ae ah, omma go for work for a while. Can you stay in this room, wait for me?" Chun Ae nodded his head focusing on video plays on Ipad. Jihyo rushes to her resident.

"What we have here?" Jihyo enters the room while takes a pair of sterile glove and approaches patient's side.
"This lady, maybe in 60s of her age, collapsed in front of her house building. The problem with her is..everything is normal. But she still not regained her conciousness. Not moving at all!" The resident presenting while showing all investigation they had done. Jihyo turns her head to the monitor screen, its true. All of it is normal. 
"Is she having any relatives or witness follows her here?"
"Our paramedics took her here. They said one of her neighbour told them, she just losing her daughter few weeks ago and there is no one in her family."
"She is having depression. Get a psychiatry. It is the matter of time, she is suiciding herself."
"Should we use any volatile substance to wake her up?"
"Its not been practise anymore beside our Psychiatry friend might be unhappy about that. Okay?" 
"Omma!" Jihyo turns her head when hearing her son's voice. She was shocked seeing that boy standing at the door.
"Chun Ae ah, you cannot be here. Nurse Lee could you take him to my room?" Chun Ae is struggling from the nurse and runs to her mother side. 
"Dr Song, i think we can handle here..sorry for your time." The resident scratches his head while bowing to Jihyo. He feels sorry for causing his boss's son wandering at resus room. Suddenly, the lady sits up cause everyone shock and some is screaming a little. The lady turns to Jihyo's and stares her deeply. 
"You....." She said in her deep voice. Jihyo startled as she is being a target with her son at her side.
"Omma..i'm scared.." Chun Ae whines at her side cause the lady turns to him. Her face expression changes, she smiles lovingly at him while tries to reach his arm but Jihyo quickly hid him behind.
"Hyena ah...."
 

 

* now i am revealing the mystery ladies... Thanks for reading, continue your support