The Blessing

The child who speak revenge

Gary watches as his kids playing in the room. Both his family and Jihyo's gather at their house for this celebration. He smiles once he feels familiar pair of hands hugs both his shoulder.
"Are you tired? Do you need some rest first before the party?" Jihyo asks in her concern tone.
"No. I'm not tired at all. I had been sleeping for more than 3 months and i wishes i don't need to sleep again at night so i can watch you asleep."
"Then you will be like a zombie for the next few months!" They laugh together. 
"Jihyo ah, thanks for everything. Thanks for put much trust in our relationship. I don't think i will be here today if not for your effort. I should blame my past that cause this and i got to pay for my deed."
"Honey, we had talked about this before. Don't look into the past again. We had each other know and we must continue to survive for the future. Look at you now! You are too sensitive nowadays.." Jihyo smiles at her husband while wipes the tears on his eyes. Gary sits comfortably on the wheelchair. He had to undergo few rehabiltation session before he can fully walk. The months of comatose puts his muscle and nervous system not in a good condition to resume his daily activity back. He had to be patient for him to repay Jihyo and also fulfill his duty as a head of his family.
"Do you call them for today?" 
"Oh yes. They will come shortly after this. Its been a while since our gathering."
"Omma, look at this!" Both Jihyo and Gary watch Chun Ae who is holding his sister to guide her to walk.
"Wah! Soojin can walk now!" The room was filled with laughter and chuckling showing how much happiness and grateful they can be.


"Its good to see you like this." Lee Dongguk praises Gary as they having a talk in the garden.
"I should be thankful to you. Without your expertise, we wouldn't know about this. I might be stuck there forever."
"You should be thankful to your family. They are always supportive." Dongguk pats at Gary's shoulder while both of them looking at smiling Jihyo who is having good time with their friends.
"I'm just curious. If this thing might affected our son? You know, he still a kid and he might been traumatized with all that kind of things in his memory."
"I admitted that Chun Ae is having a bad time in one of his timeline but slowly i seeing him became more positive now. He is a bright kid, he know that he can get rid of those memory well. Beside he had a good parents like both of you who will guide him and protect him. Never mention anything about this to him. It will slowly faded in his memory."
"I'll take your advise wisely. We need to treat you like a family from now."

2 years later
Gary was busy grooming himself in the room when Madam Yuan calls him. Madam Yuan is their children's nanny who had works for them almost a year.
"Mr Kang, the kids are ready. Do you need to put them in the car?"
"Oh, just left them in the car. I will be ready in 5 minutes." He replied through the intercom before continue to adjust his suit.
"Is there need a speech for today? Oh my god! Jihyo didn't tell me anything.. What should i say?" Gary is pacing in the bedroom before he notices the time.
"I bet i just prepare in the car."
"Appa, are we going to omma?" Soo Jin who is also dress elegantly asks her father who is looking a bit nervous.
"Yes. We are going to see omma. Omma writes a book and now she receives an award for that. Omma is great right?"
"That is my omma!" Soo Jin replied cheekily.
"Appa also get award last time. You appeared at TV few times. My friends at school said appa is cool." Chun Ae praises his father while Gary smiles hearing the compliment.
"So appa is cool, omma is great. That's why both of you Kang Chun Ae and Kang SooJin are the best thing we have in the world."

The media and reporters who are invited to the award ceremony already took their places before the VVIP came in the hall. The director of the hospital in which Jihyo is working are escorting the Minister of Health of Korea together with Director General of Health. The glance of this two people made Jihyo felt nervous but Gary who sits far from her table already felt proud of his wife. After few speech, it is the time of the of the night. Jihyo is receiving an award of honour of her contribution in establishing the health system in Korea. Her book which is written based on her life experience cause attention to the people all over the world who practice science in their daily life. from the book, she able to link the logical of science world with the almost undeniable presence of spirit and soul world. It leads to few studies from all over the world to prove her words and of course at the same time cause an honour to Korea government.
Jihyo is ready to give her speech and smiles widely when seeing her family at the table nearby. 
"Thank you for the award and i will never able to find the courage to write this book and share with everyone if its not because of my family. The things that happened in my family few years ago really change my perception towards the presence of another world. Today i receive this award as an appreciation of Korea government towards my hardwork but the most important is i able to gain my family back. I can continue my hardwork for this country as long as i had my family with me. Thank you." Jihyo got tears soon after she finishes her speech. Gary can't help but also feels touch from her speech.

They are resting and having good time at the private villa by seaside for a family vacation. Gary and Jihyo are enjoying their seaview while watching their kids playing at the beach.
"Can you believe this?" Suddenly Jihyo popped out the question.
"What? " Gary take a look in front tries to find what his wife is talking about.
"That we can enjoy our life this much now. Looking at how we started before.." Jihyo pulls Gary's face facing her.
"Yeah, that is how far destiny can play with us. How we lost Chun Ae. How i got into coma. So many things happened.."
"That make us stronger. Don't leave us again. I don't know if i able to cry when you really leave us again."
"Why talk about leaving when i won't do that. Promise me if anything happen to one of us in future, don't cry or else the other one might have harder time out there. Trust me, i've been there."
"You should write your own book to share about that!"
"I rather write hundred songs than a book." 
While they enjoying their chatting, Chun Ae came and approaches them.
"Appa, omma..i saw my friend there! can she join us?" He points to area outside of the villa beach.
"Why you go that far? Where is madam Yuan?" Gary follows his son to the direction. Jihyo caught him before he go further.
"Honey, could it be..." After realizing what Jihyo about to say, both Gary and Jihyo runs towards the direction. When they reach there, Madam Yuan was carrying Soo Jin while talking with someone at the back of tree.
"Oh Mr and Mrs Kang! I'm talking with this family. They live next to our villa." Gary turns his head and saw family of three greeting him.
"Hi, we are Yoo family. Seem your son is same class with daughter." The father greet Gary.
"Oh hi, we are Kang family. Nice to meet you."
"Appa, this is Yoo In Na. She is in my class." Chun Ae introduce his friend who is smile shyly.
"We are having BBQ this evening, it will be honour if you join us too." Jihyo invites them to the villa. They walk inside the villa while Gary and Jihyo at the back glancing at each other before laugh in embarassement.
"I guess we became paranoid parents now!" Said Gary while Jihyo hits on his back happily.

So that's the end! Here my short update to complete my fanfics. Thanks for reading!!