The Test

The child who speak revenge

The morning after the birthday, Chun Ae wakes up early. He sits on his table and starts drawing. He smiles after finishing his works. After satisfied with his works, he walks to his parents' room. He knocks on the door lightly and without waiting for the answer, he enters the room. Both of his parents still in deep sleep. Chun Ae approaches to Gary's side.
"Appa..Appa.." He shakes Gary's body. After few attempts, Gary opens his eyes slowly.
"Chun Ae ah, why?" Gary take his phone on the tableside. Just to make sure he is not late. Jihyo also begin to wake up due to noise.
"I draw this for you.." Chun Ae bring his drawing to Gary's lap. Gary read on the paper and smile widely.
' i'm sorry'  that is the word written on it together with the drawing of few people, home and flower.
"This is nice. Thank you..come here," Gary felt something tug in his heart and as to control himself from crying, he lift his son on his lap. He hugs the boy from the back and kiss on his head for few goodseconds. Jihyo who noticed the emotional wake up by her son, took the drawing and begin to draw hersmile also.
"Appa is sorry also. Appa should not shout at you..at your birthday party. I know you love me, you love omma. You will not disappointed us. You are our angel, our hero." 
"I am the hero?" Chun Ae asks his father in his cute way.
"Yes..you are far more better than that Optimus Prime." Said Gary and raises his son as doing some work out at gym.
"So tell us, who is this person?" Jihyo asks her son about his drawing once he settles down.
"This is me, Omma, Appa..this is Hee Young hyung and Min Jung samchon. They live at other house. And this is my bicycle in the garden." 
"Then who is this girl? Why you hold her hand?" Gary asks further.
Chun Ae kept silent for a moment while looking at his drawing.
"Oh...you had a girlfriend isn't it? So when you want to bring her to see us? Omma should be nervous to meet his daughter in law," Gary jokes around and invites a slap from Jihyo on his arm.
"Aniya..she is my friend. She lives here. She plays with me." Both Gary amd Jihyo stop their laugh and turn to serious face.
"ChunAe ah..appa know about your friend. I know how close you are to her but remember, whatever your friend said, you must listen to appa and omma. Okay? She just want to play around you. When you grows up, you had to study and go to school. You had no time to play around. She will not be there anymore." Gary explained to his son carefully. Chun Ae is quite protective about his 'imaginary' friend. he just keep silent to hs father's words.
"After your sister come out, you will be a big brother to her. You want to be a hero right? Your sister need a hero also. So you had to accompany her," Jihyo adds.
" okay, now its time to get ready. Appa need to work. Chun Ae ah, you stay with omma today. Be a good boy," Gary stands and do some stretching. He tickles his son on the bed before make his way to the bedroom.
"Honey, should i bring him to see Min Jung oppa and Hee Young?" Jihyo whispers to him while assisting her husband at dresser room. Gary watches his son who is busy watching cartoon from their bed.
"Don't force him. Just speak nicely to him like you always do. Hee Young might be mad at him now. Just make sure they reconcile back." Gary answers back as he whispers to her ear. 
"Now give me the morning kiss. I need to recharge," he holding on her waist, tries to make their face closer.
"Ah honey, he is here. He might see us and asks thousand of questions.." Jihyo stopped his face halfway. Her eyes also watching their son.
"I purposely raised the volume of TV, he can't hear us. Plus we are here, in our hidden place." Gary grinned and moves back his head towards Jihyo. While Jihyo just smile and happily response to her husband's action.
"Now you are better in convicing.." Its Jihyo's turn to deepened the kiss.

 

Gary reaches his studio office which is still the same place as 5 years ago. As he reaches the front door, he meet Gil, his partner.
"Hyung, what is that?" Gary pointed to a parking space opposite their office. The space had been prohibited from public as there is police line boundary.
"Oh..you don't read news isn't it? I know you take one week leave but please make sure about your surrounding. Especially me! Gary ah..i'm still single. I need someone to care about me also." 
"Yah..yah..i just ask a simple question, i now you nag about your sad ending life story. What happened there? I need to park at the other side of building."
"They found a body 5 days ago. It is a lady and there is a gun with shot mark at her head. I believe she killed herself but the police still doing their work. Haissh..because of that i had to take cab to come here."
"But why in front of our building? Why don't shot herself  at home?"
"Hmm..people nowaday, they want their body to be found as soon as possible. The police even interviewed me that day."
"Do you know her?"
"No..but she might be one of your girls.."
"Yah..its been 5 years already. I don't touch any woman beside my wife!"
"Okay..okay. But i told them about you as the owner of this studio. They might ask you later, just get ready. And do you want to meet the singer today? The dateline for his new album is near."
"Yes and please provide coffee to the meeting. It will be a long day for us." said Gary and walks to his room. While climbing the stairs, his eyes still watching the crime scene
'We need to move out or else the haunted things will occur again'

 

It was already 8pm, Gary still in his office. The meeting just finishes about an hour ago. Gil took the singer and his company for dinner. Gary need to decline the meeting as he promise to have dinner at home. While busy arranging his paper, there is a knock and following by bell sound from front door. He uses the intercom to connect with the guest.
"Hello..good night! Is this the owner of the building?" Ask the guest.
"Yes i am. Who is this?"
"Sorry sir. I am Officer Lu. We are coming for an investigation regarding the recently found body."
"Oh Officer Lu, you are welcome. I will open the door." Gary rushes to the front door and greet the two officer. They took seat at couch in lobby area.
"Do you by any chance know this lady?" The officer pass him a picture of lady in her late 20s.
Gary looks at the picture carefully, he shakes his head.
"What is her name? I'm sorry, i may not recognized the face but maybe she is one of our business partner or family friend." Asks Gary. He still looking at the picture.
"Kim Hyena," the officer replied.
"Hmm..i don't think i had anyone with that name."
"So ithink we don't have anything to ask. We might disclosed the case by tomorrow after the full report so you can ask your friend to bring his car then. He make a big fuss about his parking space."
"Actually Officer Lu, i had a bad experience about body and evil spirit. So we might move out from this building also. I'm worried about our safety."
"That's a lot work to do. By the way, here is my card. If anything, just give me a call. We tried to help."
After sending the officer to the door, Gary took all his thing and walks to his parking when his phone ringing.
"Honey! I'm...bleeding...its hurt..." with that Gary rushes to his home.

 

Chun Ae was sitting on the waiting chair. He watches his father who is walking back and forth in front of him.
"Appa.." He called his father. Gary took a seat next to him. He sits back on the chair while holding his son's hand. He is nervous, he tried to be positive but he can't. All the bad experience since past two years kept haunted his mind. He need a distraction to keep himself calm and to make himself stronger in front of his son.
"What is that?" Chun Ae pointed to a parking ambulance. Gary looks to the direction.
" its ambulance. It will bring sick people to here."
"What is that?" He pointed to a coffee vendor machine.
"Its a machine to buy drinks. You need coins for that."
"Is there someone inside that?"
"No..it is a machine. A robot."
"A robot lives there? Can it fight?
"No..it only do drinks."
"Can it hear us?
"No..it only follow the button we pressed."
Then the questions continue forever about the coffee machine. Gary is getting tired and annoyed.
"Chun Ae ah, can you just stop asking? Here..i give you the coin. You buy your drink." Chun Ae follows his father instruction and made his way to the machine. There is no other people at the waiting hall. They still waiting for assessment from the doctor.
"Mr Kang.." Gary looks to the voice. Yeojin who is his wife's best friend just came out from the door.
"How is she?"
Yeojin smiles to him. "She is okay and the baby also. It just minimal bleeding from the previous tear. Did she fall just now?"
Gary gives a blank look. He was really nervous and rush just now, so he didn't have time to ask about that.
"She refuses to tell me anything. I bet she just tired. We already moves her to the ward."
"Thank you. You don't know how scared i am. Thanks god!" Gary almost cried hearing the good news.
"Appa..here." Just then Chun Ae approaches at his side.
"Oh thank you. How you know this is my favourite coffee?" He patted his son's head proudly.
"Chun Ae ah, you grow up so much. I remember feeding you in the office while your mom working now you can buy your appa a coffee" yeojin praises Chun Ae. 
"She helps me to choose.." He pointed to the vendor machine. Both Gary and Yeojin look up but nobody was there.
"Ah..never mind. This is the best coffee ever as my son buy for me. Chun Ae ah, you want to see omma?"
"Ne!" He smile happily hearing that.

Jihyo was admitted for 2 days for observation. Now she is resting on their bed. Gary's mother, Mrs Kang is there to watch over them. Gary is busy with the new album production, so he had limited time with his family, however Jihyo who understood about her husband working time does not give a big fuss about that. Despite that both Jihyo's family and Gary's family will make regular visit to their house. 
 
That night, Gary came home at 10pm. Sensing that all of members in that house already sleep, he straight away walk to their bedroom. Jihyo opened her eyes upon feeling someone embracing her from behind.
"How is your day?" Gary asks her. She smile hearing that question and turn to face her husband.
"Its tiring to have continue bed rest. Poor Chun Ae, he is crying and mad as i can't play with him. Luckily your mom is here.."
"I know it may hurt him but for the sake of this beauty, we all have to sacrifice. You know about this right, doctor?" Gary replies as slowly caresses Jihyo's belly which had grows bigger.
"How about you? Have you decide to move out from that studio? How about Gil?"
Gary gives a long sigh and turn to lie on his back. He stares at the ceiling.
"We had few projects scheduled so it maybe delay. I don't know..i kept having this feeling. It feels wrong but i can't describe it. That's why i need to move out."
"Honey..i think its just your traumatic experience. If you want i will bring you to see my friend. For past 5 years, you seem the most affected one. From our marriage, the missing and even the insult from.."
"Shh..its not that bad. As long as you are with me, your trust i don't need any other doctor to treat me. I only want this doctor to care for me. Don't worry about me."
Jihyo smile to his answer. She peck kiss on his lips.
"Honey..can we let omma stay here?" Jihyo asks while resting on Gary's chest.
"You mean my mother?" Jihyo nodded. "I'm just worried about Chun Ae. He is lonely. His imaginary friend gives him bad influences. But seem your mother was really cool in handling him."
"Is Chun Ae gives you a lot of headache? I told you private lesson at home is not good. We should send him to normal school."
"Its because..that day in the hospital..his previous doctor, Dr Lee visits me in the ward. He watches over Chun Ae for an hour. He gave same thought with me, that he..he might have some sort of autism. This is what i thought when i chose for his school. He might not end well in normal school." Jihyo already sat up 
"So you already had that diagnosis in your mind back then? Why don't you tell me? Isn't he is my son? Why you had to keep that by yourself? Maybe i'm not good to detect amd treat his illness but at least you should tell me." Gary is facing her. his eyes fixed to her eyes before he grabs both of her hand and caress it slowly as apologizing for sound mad.
"I'm afraid you might treat him differently. You know how my parents think about our skill of parenting. Your temper is slightly shown up these days. If i tell you about his illness, you might blame all the mess on him. You may hurt him.." Jihyo slowly breaks into tears.
"Yeobo, do you think i am that kind of father? Have you ever see me laid my hand on him? I am learning to be a good father, i lost my father at young age. I don't have a good male role model. Its hard..when i got the news that you are pregnant, i'm worried about that child. But i learn slowly from you, omma and i'm surviving."
"Sorry honey..i'm too protective maybe. I think i love him more than you."
"Just promise with me, you must shared everything about you, Chun Ae. Same with me. We are married and we are happily ever after, doesn't it? Stop crying and use up your energy too much. You should be happy that having me as your husband. Give me the killing smile of yours.." 
That night they made a promise to stay together in whatever test they are having in future. Trust is the best way to open to each other.

 

Jihyo sits at dining table while watching Gary's mother talk to her grandson. She had been told about their plan to send Chun Ae to school starting next week. Chun Ae seem a bit reluctant to go out from the house without his parents but his grandmother able to ensure him. 
"I won't leave omma alone.." Chun Ae's words bring Jihyo to incident happened few days ago.

Flashback
Chun Ae is sleeping on Jihyo's lap. After a tiring day play together, Jihyo also slowly closes her eyes. About an hour later, she wakes up but Chun Ae already left her alone. She searches him at his room but nowhere she can find.
"Chun Ae ah, answer me. Where are you?" She stepped downstairs to living room when he heard Chun Ae at the end of the stairs down there.
"No..i won't leave omma alone," Jihyo peeks from upstairs and saw her son is talking to 'someone'. Then he is trying to block the entrance to the stairs.
"Chun Ae ah.." Jihyo called him softly. Chun Ae who is a bit startled, looks upon her mother.
"Omma..don't come here!"

"Why? Who are you talking to?"
"She is here.." Suddenly Chun Ae fell down to the floor from one step of the stair.
"Baby! Are you okay?" Jihyo rushes downward and holding her son. Chun Ae is crying as he got minimal wound at his knee. Before she able to attend the wound, an excruciating pain was felt over her lower abdomen.
"Omma, you are bleeding!" 
"Get my phone upstair...omma need to call appa.."

End of flashback