New Member

The child who speak revenge


"Are you sure you want to stay with halmonim? Don't you miss your omma?" Gary asks his son while in the car. They already reach his mother's house and he already asks the same question since last night after Chun Ae told him that he preferred to stay with his grandmother than visits his mother in hospital.
"Ne.." He answers slowly while unbuckled his seat belt.
"Are you mad at omma?" Gary tries to read his son's face when asking through the rear mirror. Chun Ae shakes his head.
"Omma is not leaving, she had to stay in the ward as omma is sick. Tomorrow you will see your sister, okay? You want to play with her right?" But no answer from Chun Ae. Gary knew his son, he is jealous as for past few days, his parents focused on the arrival of new member of their family. Jihyo was admitted earlier as her obstetrician worried any complication might arise following her due date. Since then, Chun Ae really clings to Gary and avoid to talk to Jihyo. At home, he refused to stay on his bed by his own. He will only sleep once Gary is on his side. He does not want to lose his father. During their time together that Gary noticed his son had nightmare and crying in his sleep.
"Chun Ae ah! Oh my boy..come here," suddenly Mrs Kang appears from her front gate ready to fetch her grandson. Chun Ae goes to his grandmother and hugs her.
"Omma, i will take him tomorrow morning. Jihyo might be delivered this afternoon but if you want to see her later, just give me a call." 
"Halmonim..i want to play with you  the whole day. I will show you what i learn in school.." Chun Ae interrupted before his grandmother able to reply Gary.
"Oh..you are so clever and active boy! Luckily i had enough rest to stay awake with you," mrs Kang laugh happily seeing her grandson. Gary fake a smile as he know that his son is avoiding them again.


Jihyo still feel the light headache but sensing Gary's presence by her side, she opened her eyes slowly. She smiles watching her husband carried a baby on his arm. He is patting the baby softly tries to comfort her.
"Honey..." Jihyo calls him softly. Her energy after the labour was totally depleted. Gary goes to her side while bringing the baby lies next to her.
"She is pretty.. Thanks for surviving for her, for us." Gary caresses her cheek and gives a long kiss on her forehead.
"Thank you for stay with me. Love you," jihyo replies as she reaching his cheek.
"Love you more. You complete my life."
"Where is Chun Ae?" Jihyo looking around for her son.
"He is with my mother. I called them just now, they will visits us tomorrow. Your parents is here, they went for a coffee first as they saw you sleeping heavily just now."
"Is tiring! The effect of medication is making me sleepy." They jokes around and laugh happily as celebrating the new member in Kang family. Gary then helps Jihyo as she wants to feed her daughter.
"What is our decision of name? I told you to make one once i delivered. I give you 5 days already." Gary grinned hearing Jihyo's question.
"Just now i thought of one name. It just came out after seeing her face. Kang..Soo..Jin.. Nice isn't it?"
"Hmm.. Its really suits her. I like it!" 
"You know what..i am really regret that we didn't have this moment when Chun Ae was born. I remember i'm staying in my studio when you delivered. I'm scared and felt sorry for you that time. If i know that it will turn like this, i would stay with you." Tears start to flow from Jihyo's as hearing Gary. She reminiscence that moment during her first delivery. Without her parents by her side, without her husband to take care of her. 
"Don't cry. I'm not trying to make you sad. You see now, how happy we are.. Don't be like this," Gary started to panic seeing his wife is crying.
"Ah..this hormone! I'm getting emotional now, Kang Gary.." Gary carressed her back slowly to calm her.
"If you really want to replay this moment again, we can have kids again. Just tell me and i will fulfill it."
"Yah..we are resting for 2 years! You promise me that," 
"Yes, i remember that promise unless you cannot stand my seduction.." Jihyo slapped his arm as she started to blush hearing the comment.

Chun Ae watches his mother from the bedroom door. Since from the hospital, he didn't talk much. He refused to look at his sister as well when Gary brought Soo Jin to him. After a while, Jihyo notices her son at the door. 
"Come here baby.." Jihyo called him and patted at her side on the bed. Chun Ae walks slowly to the direction. His eyes still watching the baby in his mother's arm.
"I miss my hero. Give me a kiss," jihyo gives him a hug while reaching for a cheek kiss. Chun Ae kisses her without hesitant.
"Omma..is she sleeping here?" 
"Soo Jin? Of course baby..she needs to be fed at night time. It will be tiring for me to walk to her room. Why? You want to sleep here also?" Chun Ae nodded his head.
"Is appa sleep here?" "Yes..appa will be here."
"Do you want to hold your sister?" Jihyo asks him as he kept watching Soo Jin.
"No, she will cry. I don't want her to cry. She is sleeping."
"Don't be afraid. She loves you..she won't cry if you hold her. Come here, you sit down properly." Jihyo guides his arm to hold his sister. He is bit reluctant initially but after reassure by his mother, he seem more calm. He is using his fingers to pat at Soo Jin's body. Looking that Soo Jin still sleeping in his embrace, he smiles to his mother.
"She is not scared. She is sleeping.."
"Omo! You are a big brother now, see..i told you, she likes you. Because you are her oppa,"
"Oppa? I'm his brother?" Jihyo nodded happily. She tooks a picture from her phone while smiling widely. Gary who just enter the bedroom also noticed the scene. He sits next to Chun Ae and patted his head.
"Your sister is tired already, we continue play tomorrow okay? Its time to sleep." Gary takes his daughter to baby cot nearby. He goes to Chun Ae as to bring him to his room.
"Honey, he wants to sleep here." Jihyo stopped him.
"Oh? Are you comfortable with it?" "Its okay..we can control him." Upon hearing that, Gary lies down on his side and soon after that Chun Ae moves to lie on top of him. He hugs his father tightly.
"You loves this huh? I bet if both of you and your sister love to sleep like this, your mom will get more than 2 years rest." Jihyo laughs at his jokes. They stared at each other before Jihyo kisses both of them.

It is 100th day celebration for Kang Soo Jin. They are preparing for the event which will be held at Jihyo's parents' house. After getting dressed by his mother, Chun Ae searches his father and noticed that Gary is in his sister's room, holding Soo Jin. He watches as Gary kisses his sister few times. Hearing Soo Jin chuckles cause a stir in his heart. He wants to be hold like that. He wants his father to smile at him rather than a long sigh and frowned face.
"Are you ready?" Gary asks his son while changing Soo Jin's diaper.
"Ne.." 
"Chun Ae ah, can you promise appa one thing today?" Gary stares at his son who still stand at the door.
"Today there will be many people at harabeoji's house. I want you to behave yourself. Eat properly, don't make mess. Don't pick up fight with your cousin. Don't scream and the most important thing, don't hide yourself. Stay with appa and omma. Okay?"
"Ne.." 
"Okay, my princess had ready now. Come here baby, we need to look for your omma." Gary left his son alone in the room. Chun Ae watches as his father walks away. He just about to follow his step when a voice calls him from the room
'Don't be sad my friend..we will help you.'
"you said appa will stay with me, why he always with Soo Jin?"
'Don't worry my dear, the time will come. He will stay with us.' Chun Ae glared as both his 'friends' laugh in most evil way.

"Appa!" Chun Ae calls Gary for his attention. Gary who is still holding his daughter looks up. They are ready for the ceremony. The ceremony for 100th day celebration that usually done in. Korea. The baby will select one thing that resembles their choice for future life.
"Why?" Gary whispers to him.
"I want to eat the cake." He pointed to the desert table.
"Wait for a while, we need to settle your sister's thing first. After that, we go together. Okay?" Chun Ae pouted to his reply but follows his father around. Jihyo patted on his back and brings him to the front. While walking, Chun Ae notices his 'friend' walks along with them. He shakes his head as he worried his father might be mad at him.
'Chun Ae ah..listen to me. It will take long time for your father to settle with your sister. We need to help them. You see the tray?" Chun Ae nodded to the direction. 
'It has few things on top of that. Before your sister able to reaches it, you must throw them. Okay?'
"No.." He shakes his head continously. He watches as his parents smile to all of the guests. Few flashes of camera were taken. His eyes watches as the tray was brought to them. 
'Do it. Then all of this will end earlier..'
'..i want you to behave yourself.
.' Suddenly his father's words came again, interchange with the other's voice. It is a battle in his mind currently. Slowly he approaches his mother and grabs her hand.Jihyo looks on him. She senses something weird on her son's face.
"I can't.." Chun Ae whispers to his mother while release his grip slowly. Jihyo was about to ask him further but everything happened so fast. Chun Ae took the tray from the table and throw on the floor. Everyone was shocked watching the scene. Soo Jin was crying as she accidentally hit the tray. Gary comforting his daughter while signalling Jihyo to take over. They fake a smile infront of the guests. Jihyo's parents goes to front and carries their grandson.
"Never mind..we will continue later. Let them clean up the mess. We take care of him." Few servants help to clean the mess. Gary watches as his son leaves him. His face may look calm but looking at his breathing pattern, Jihyo knows that he is controlling his anger.
"Honey, we talk at home. Not here..please." Jihyo comforting Gary. Meantime, Chun Ae stares at his father from far as his grandfather carries him, "Appa..i want you.." He cries slowly.


The Song family are having tea after the ceremony. The kids already sleep in their rooms. Jihyo's parents sit next to each other facing their children and in laws. Jihyo's brother and sister were back to Korea since 2 years ago following their parents. Jihyo's brother, Song Il Gook with his wife Sung Yeon always their father's favourite. While Jihyo's sister Ji Hye is her mother's apple. She is married to her mother's choice, Hwi Jae. Eventhough Jihyo had reconcile with her parents after her marriage, her awkardness in front of her family is still there. She is worried of Gary. He might not be their first choice but he is trying his best to be among Song family. Even after 5 years of marriage, he still trying. There is time when his weakness be shown in front of them.
"It is normal for a kid to be jealous to each other. Maybe you guys too focus on Soo Jin. He is sulking. Don't be too hard on him." Jihyo's father breaks the silence as to give the reason why they have the gathering post ceremony.
"He is crying before sleep just now. He is afraid of being scold. How you handling a 5 years old kid? Its not the way i taught you before." Her mother continues while staring at both Jihyo and Gary who kept their head down.
"Omma..he is different kid. Can't you remember what happened to him back then? Its affect his personality." Jihyo replies to her mother.
"You mean..he is having autism?" Hwi Jae who is learning Child Psychology before interrupted. Ji Hye pulls his arm as a sign to keep silent.
"Autism? 30 years back there is no kind of illness like that. Why kids nowadays had to be labelled like that when he is misbehave? As a Korean, there is no difference in parenting in whatever timeline you are. Yah..Song Ji Hyo, follows your brother. He had triplets to handle. He manages to disicipline them properly." Il Gook nodded his head lightly to them. 
"Maybe you can send him over. We bring him to a trip with the boys. They are in the same age also." He suggests to Gary who looks to JiHyo as an approval.
"We will think about it oppa and will let you know. Thank you for all your concern and sorry about earlier." And the family continue their small meeting with other things.