Secret’s gone

THE TRUTH IN A LIE

“Ji Hyun,can you please help me to pass this to Baekhyun?”,Mrs Byun suddenly appears as I was about to leave the kitchen.I looked at her outstretched hand.It was a glass of milk.

“Sure.Where is he?”,I asked as she passed me the milk.

“In the room.”

She muttered a quick thanks before I went upstairs,to Baekhyun’s room.I knocked but there was no answer so I entered his room.I found he was sound asleep on his bed.Unknowingly,I smiled as I walked to him.I placed the glass on the table beside him and I sat beside him.He was deep asleep that he doesn’t flinch when I sat beside him.

“Baekhyun…Baekhyun..”,I called out his name as I pat his shoulder lightly.

He doesn’t move at all so I decided not to wake him up.I stared at his flawless face,he looked like an angel when he’s sleeping.You’re so lucky Soo Hyun,to have this person as your brother.

“I’m sorry Baekhyun.I lied.I’m not your sister.As soon as I pay for the surgery,I’ll leave.That’s why you can’t fall in love with me.It’ll be too bad,you will be in great pain.”,I said as I stared at his face.

At that exact moment I finished my words,he opened his eyes and we locked eyes.

“What do you mean by that?”,He asked as he woke up from lying to sitting on the bed.

I stared at him wide eyed.Did I said that out loud?I thought I was talking in my mind.I shot up immediately from his bed but he grabbed my arm until I fall back on the bed.

“Tell me,what do you mean by that?You’re not my sister?You’re lying then?”,His voice turned colder.

“Let me explain first.”,I said as I pulled my hand from his grip.I’m determined this time,I need to tell him the truth.He should know,I can’t lie anymore.It’s now or never.

“I…lied.I’m not your sister.”

He chuckled as I said that.

“You disguised as my sister?All of this are fake?Wow,what a joke.I don’t know you can toy with people’s feelings like this.”

“Baekhyun,please listen first.I came that day to tell that your sister..are dead.She asked me to come and see her family if anything ever happen to her.But you guys misunderstood me as her.I wasn’t given a chance to explain.”,I tried to reason but he let out out a big sigh.

“Yeah right,and you didn’t have the gut to tell us after that.You played along and enjoy being the daughter of a wealthy family.I bet all the money my parents give to you all this while are being used to pay for the surgery or anything that you would call it.You deceived all of us for your own benefit!”,He yelled and I closed my eyes,trying to swallow all the pain inside.

I didn’t use that money,really.I keep it in my account and I swear I was going to return it once I leave.I can’t bear to use the money because it’s not mine.And I can’t give it to the rightful person since she doesn’t exist anymore.

“Baekhyun..”,

“I told you I hate liars,didn’t I?So why did you lie??You,out of all people that I trust!You toyed with my feelings.I thought I was crazy to fall in love with my own sister.Is it fun to see me acting all crazy like that?I bet you’re laughing inside when I confessed to you.You make me believe that you’re my sister and I was thinking all day long how to bear the punishment of loving my own sister!You break my heart,really.”,His voice cracked and I figured out that he wasn’t angry,but more to disappointed.

“I know I was wrong.I intend to use your parent’s money for my sister’s surgery but I swear I was thinking to repay every cents I used.I don’t have any choice.I tried to tell the truth but seeing your parents are happy makes me feel guilty to do so.”,I said as drops of tear rolled down my cheeks.

Baekhyun looked away from me and I know he still can’t accept the fact.

“I guess the necklace that my mother gave to you are gone too?I bet you must had sell it for money.I don’t know you’re that kind of person.”

I didn’t sell that,Baekhyun.I never did.

“Of course I did.You don’t know yet?I’m this kind of person.I lie to live and and a person like you won’t understand.Since you 

have knew about it,I guess I’ll have to leave tomorrow.You’ll surely inform your parents,don’t you?”,I said as I stood up,ready to leave.

I’m sorry,I lied again.Farewell,Baekhyun.I guess this is better.If you hate me,then it will be much easier to let me go.Though I don’t know if it will be easy for me to be apart from you.

“Give me a reason not to hate you.Give me a reason to keep you by my side.”,He said and for the first time I saw a drop of tear fall on his hand.He was crying,and that’s all my fault.

I bit my lower lip to suppress my tears.

“You have no reason to do so.I make mistakes,so I should be punished.Don’t hurt yourself because of me.And I’m sorry,really.”

“Stop acting like you care about me.”,He lied on the bed and pull the blanket over him.I understand it was a signal for me to leave.

I leave him and went to my room.As soon as I sat on my bed,I burst into tears.I had  never cried this much,not even when my mother’s dead.I think I need to start packing my things.I don’t know how his parents will react but I guess they will be more scary than Baekhyun.