A date

THE TRUTH IN A LIE

Since that day,he followed me around like a lost puppy.He took care a lot of me,to the extent I feel stuffed.Baekhyun is not good in hiding his feelings,he will do anything he want.He will show his love for me no matter where,even infront of our parents.

“Well,I’m glad to see that you two are getting along.”,Mr Byun stated.

We’re having our dinner together at that time and I glanced over to Baekhyun.I rolled my eyes when he winked at me.

“Of course.We love each other.”,He answered nonchalantly.

I choked on my food when he said that.Baekhyun looks over to me and he passed me a glass of water.

“Eat slowly,will you?”,Baekhyun said as he waited for me to drink the water.

“Baekhyun didn’t bully you,didn’t he?”,Mrs Byun asked.

I forced a smile and shook my head no.Okay,I lied,Mrs Byun.He did bully me,emotionally.

Mrs Byun smiled and she stared at me with this motherly look.It feels awkward so I fixed my gaze on the food.

“Where is the necklace that I gave to you?”,She frowned as her eyes trailed to my empty neck.

Damn.Why did she notice it now?She gave it to me last week as my birthday present.But it wasn’t my birthday,you know.It’s Soo Hyun’s birthday.I don’t think I deserve the present so I keep it instead.I can’t give it to the rightful person since she wasn’t here anymore.

“I…keep it earlier when I want to take a bath but I forgot to wear it back.”,I lied.

“Oh.I thought you lost it.”,She smiled in relief.

………………………………………………………………………………………………...........................................................................................................

“Hey.”

I almost jumped when I heard that voice.I was walking pass the school gate when I heard it.I searched for the voice and found Baekhyun was walking towards me with a smile.

“You haven’t go home?”,I asked him as he arrived infront of me.

“I waited for you.”,He shook his head no.

“Oppa,I..”

Before I could finish my words,he put his index finger on my lips.

“Don’t call me that.I hate it.”,He hissed.

I sighed in annoyance.

“Baekhyun,I thought I told you to go home first.I had an extra class today.”

“I know.But I don’t mind.Now…let’s go.”,He grabbed my arm,ready to leave.When he noticed I froze at my position,he turned to me.

“What now?”,He frowned.

“Where are we going?”

“Date.”,He grinned in pure happiness.

I think this guy had gone crazy.What should I do with him?

“Baekhyun….let’s just go home.”

“Please.Just this once.Let’s go for a date.”,He begged.

I took a deep breath and let out a big sigh.

“You better keep your words.Just this once.”,I said and he grinned like a kid.

We walk side by side,in an awkward silence.Our hands keep touching each other since we’re walking too close.I don’t know what to say,so I pretended to enjoy the surrounding.

“It hurts.”,He broke the silence as he stopped walking.

“Huh?”,I raised my eyebrow in confuse and stopped walking too.

“Our hands keep hitting each other,so it hurts.Looks like we had to hold hands.”

As soon as he ssaid that,he slipped his hand into mine and he clasped it tightly.I looked at him with a blank face since I didn’t expect that.

“Don’t make that face.Let’s go.”,He stated,dragging me along with him.I can see that he was trying to hide his smile.

We went to several places and it was all his idea.He looks so happy that I can’t say no and I let him dragged me where he want to.Honestly,I feel happy too.Spending time with him are indeed the best thing I could wish for.We had a lot of fun and I don’t think I can forget this.

“Let’s take selfie.I want to keep this moment.”

“Look,it’s basketball game!I want to try that.”

“I bought a couple ring.I’m sure it will fit you.”

Most of the time,Baekhyun was the one who talks.But I like it.I love his voice,it sounds like a music in my ear.He bought us a couple ring which was quite childish but he forced me to wear it,and so I did.

“Don’t you ever take it off.”,He warned and I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

“Fine,I won’t.”

We went home when it was quite dark.And just like before,we walked home.I asked him why he wouldn’t let our driver drives us to our destination but his answer was very cheesy.

“Because I want to spend more time with you.Having you by my side will never get me tired.”

However,this time we talked and joked as we walked.No more awkward silence like before.

“Really,Baekhyun?It can’t be true.”

“Yeah.She has cooties.”

“But everybody said you two were in a relationship.And you two seem to be close.”

“Hell no.I would never had her as my girlfriend.”

“Why?Just because she has cooties?”

“No.Because she’s not you.”

I scoffed.

“You are such a sweet talker,I can get diabetes if this go on.”

“It’s okay,I can be your private doctor.”,He chuckled and we burst into laugh a second later.

Our conversation was interrupted by the ringing of my phone.I took it out from my uniform and Chanyeol’s name was on the screen.I bit my lower lips and glanced over Baekhyun.Should I answer it or not?Baekhyun knew nothing,yet he was waiting for me to respond.Slowly,I slide to answer.

“Hello?”

“Ji Hyun,it’s me.Chanyeol.”

“I know.Why did you call?”

“Come to the hospital now.I went to visit your sister but it turns out that she was in a critical situation.Doctor says you should come.She refuse the surgery.”

“What?”,I signaled Baekhyun to wait and I went a bit further from him.

“She refuse the surgery.I tried to change her mind,but she was too stubborn.She doesn’t want you to know but I thought you should know.”

“You tell her that she must do it.I had sold everything I had for the money.I was going to the hospital tomorrow to pay for it.I had the money with me.”

“I told her about that but she said she wants you to keep that money for you.”

“Aish!That girl.It’s quite late but I’ll try to go to see her.Thanks by the way for telling me.”

“Okay.”

I hung up and walked to Baekhyun.

“What’s up?You looked stress.Are you okay?”,He asked and concern was written all over his face.

“Baekhyun,I need to go to see my friend now.She’s in trouble.”,I said and I waited for his response.Please don’t ask anything else,Baekhyun.

“Is it Chanyeol?The one you’re seeing?”,He asked,waiting for an answer.

“Which part of ‘her’ that you don’t understand?Please keep that jealousy to yourself.I’m not seeing Chanyeol.”

“But it’s already late.Let me go with you.”

“No,you can’t.She won’t be comfortable.I’ll be okay by myself.”

Should I tell him the truth?He looked sad when I said I don’t want him to go along.If he go,then everything will be over.

“Don’t go.”,He begged,holding on to my arm.

I let out a big sigh.What should I do?I can’t keep lying to him anymore.I must go,I can’t be weak.I glanced at him once before I took a step away from him.

“If you go,then it’ll be over between us.”

I paused when he said that.His words struck my heart,I don’t know why.As if we’re really a lover and was about to break up.I forced a smile before I turned to him.

“What would be over if there’s nothing between us to begin with?”,I said as I tried to escape from him since he was still holding my arm.

I thought he will set me free,instead he pulled me towards him,into his embrace.He hugged me tightly that I can’t even move.

“Don’t go.Please.”,His voice cracked near my ear.

“Let me go first.I need to tell you something.”,I managed to utter those words.

“Promise me you won’t go?”,He asked.I don’t have any choice,but to stay.I’ll just check on her tomorrow.

“I promise.”,I said as I pat his back gently.

He broke the hug after a while and smiled.He grabbed my hand and we went home together.