Trapped

THE TRUTH IN A LIE

Here I was,standing in the house of Soo Hyun.She’s my best friend,and she’s dead.

Her last wish is for me to tell her family that she’s sorry for not being able to return to them.

Her parents and her brother was sitting infront of me,staring at me as if I had grown my third head.

“Ehem…so..Actually,I’m here to…”

I was about to speak when her brother cut me in.

“We know about it already.”,He assured with a smile,a mischievous one I would say.

*Soo Hyun,your brother seems like a jerk,a cute one!*

“Really?”, I let out a relieved sigh anyway.

Great,now it won’t take that long to explain the rest.

“I’m glad you’re back,my little baby.”, Mrs Byun said and hug me suddenly.

“Yeah..Wait..What?”, I realize that she said something weird.

“We wait so long for you.I’m sorry that we abandon you all this while.”, Mr Byun stated and he looked at me in regret.

I broke the hug slowly.

“Wait..I think you have misunderstood.She’s dead.”,I try to explain.

Suddenly Mrs Byun started crying.

“We know.Poor you.You must be in a great shock.”,Mr Byun said while holding on to Mrs Byun.

I raised my eyebrow.Yeah,of course I’m in shock.But you should be more sad.Your long lost daughter are dead and you can’t ever unite as a family.

“I didn’t even get the chance to thank her for raising you in our behalf.’

I was getting more confused.

“Wait..who are you talking about?”, I asked them.

“Your mom that passed away last week.”, Baekhyun,her brother answered.

Oh no!This is disaster.That was my mom,my real mom.I’m talking about your daughter!

“Listen..You don’t have to worry again.You don’t have to live in poverty.We can give you everything here.Stay here with us.”

Just as I want to refuse,I remember something.

“We need to operate on your little sister as soon as possible.Her anaemia was getting worse.If this goes on she could die.”

I couldn’t let my sister die.I only have her.But I don’t have money.

“Ji Hyun,please look after my family sometimes.My mother is not well.I don’t think I can make it.”

That’s what Soo Hyun said before she dies.

Maybe….I will stay here for a while.I can ask some money from them to pay for my sister’s surgery.Meanwhile I will take care of her mother as my gratitude.I can do it,right?

“Mom..Dad..It’s me..I’m  back here after a long time..”, I blurted out eventually.

They both smiled in happiness.

“Get some rest.We will talk later.Your mom needs rest,too.” Mr Byun answered before he went upstairs with his wife.

Ga Yoon,wait for unnie.Unnie will make sure you’re healthy again.

However,Baekhyun seems to doubt me.

"Your room's upstairs,the left one.", Baekhyun stated nonchalantly while pointing upstairs.

"Thank you..", I forced out a smile.

“ I feel something’s not right about you.If I ever find out anything,game’s over.”, He whispered near to me before leaving upstairs.

I made faces at him as he walks away.

“Like I’m scared of you,’oppa’..”, I quoted the word oppa.

That’s how it started,me living in this house as the fake daughter.