Valentine’s Day

THE TRUTH IN A LIE

“Byun Baekhyun!”,Jihyun yelled at him who was pouting infront of her with his undeniably cute eyes.

Jihyun was taking out books from her locker when he suddenly leaned over her locker,blocking her from getting her books.

“Can’t I see my girlfriends now?”,He pouted again when Jihyun ignored him.

“I know what you want,but the answer is no.”,Jihyun stated as she shoved him aside and closed her locker.

Baekhyun wants her to help him,again.He asked her to save him from the girls.

“Come on.It’s Valentine’s Day  and they will be much crazier today.Maybe I wouldn’t even get to sit at my place,I’ll be buried under those chocolates and flowers!”,He pinched his nosebridge as he imagined that.

“Well,what do you expect me to do?Punch them on their face or pull their hair and drag their face on the floor?”,She asked flatly.

Baekhyun pumped his fist on the air.

“Asa!You’re going to clear them away for me!”

Jihyun looked at him with half-closed eyes.

“In your dreams.”

“Hey,don’t you feel jealous?What if they ask me for a date?”,He tried to change her mind but he obviously failed.

“Naah.I know you don’t have a thing for them.Besides,it’s fun to see you handle them.”,Jihyun carved a wicked smile.

Jihyun looks over behind him and saw a bunch of girls was peeping into their classroom.

“They’re early today.”,Jihyun stated and realizing the situation,Baekhyun gave her a deadpan look.

“Don’t you dare to do that.”,He threatened.

“Try me.”,Jihyun smirked.

“Look!Byun Baekhyun’s here!”,She yelled out loud.Baekhyun cupped but it’s already too late.

And she sneaked her way to her classroom afterwards.Baekhyun tried to get hold of her but the  crowd of girls block his way.

“You’re so dead,Jihyun.”.He thought as the crowd drowned him.

………………………………………………………………………………………………

“Where’s he?”,Chen asked Jihyun as he munched on the fried rice in his mouth.

“Look.You’re doing it again,Chen.It’s gross I told you.”,D.O mumbled as he sweep away the rice on his lap.

“Sorry,let me clean it.”,Chen was trying to help but instead,he spurted more rice on D.O ‘s lap as he talked.

D.O closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

“Just…..eat your food silently.”,He growled and Chen moved away from him to  sit beside Jihyun.

“He’s having his period.That’s normal.I’ve seen much worse.”,He whispered to Jihyun but obviously D.O heard it because he stared at him with ‘shut-up-or-I-kill-you’ face.

Chanyeol didn’t join them today because he need to submit his report and Baekhyun doesn’t arrive yet.

“I guess he’s still handling those girls.”,Jihyun shrugged,answering Chen’s question.

“Or busy stuffing those things into his locker.”,D.O added and they burst into laugh.

“Oi..oi..Don’t speak as if I wasn’t here.”

Three of them turned their head to the voice.Baekhyun stared at them with half closed eyes and he sat beside D.O,across Jihyun.He obviously seemed annoyed.

“You look tired.”,Jihyun teased and he rolled his eyes at her.

“I almost died today.It was all because of you.”,He pouted.

Jihyun bit her lower lips as he glanced over him who was eating.Under the table,Jihyun was holding a small box of chocolate that she made herself.

“Should I give this or not?What if he doesn’t like this?”,She kept thinking to herself.

Just then,a student who passed behind her accidentally tripped and some of the gravy spilled on her sleeves.She was shocked that she jumped from her seat and accidentally throw aside the chocolate.

“I’m so sorry!”,The student said as she walked backwards and she stepped on the box of chocolate.Jihyun gasped as she saw that.

“There goes my chocolate.Maybe it’s not meant to be.”,She thought as she feels sad suddenly.

“Are you okay?”,Chen who was the closest to her ask while wiping the gravy off her sleeves.

“I’m okay.”,Jihyun said as she stared at the gravy stain.

“Go and clean yourself first.”,Baekhyun who was now standing by her side helped her to stand up.

She nodded and on her way,she picked up the box.It was all crumpled and she was sure that the chocolate are ruined too.As soon as she arrive infront of the ladies,she saw a dustbin nearby.She walked to it and held the chocolate above the dustbin.Once she loosen her grip,it will fall into the dustbin.She sighed as she gazed at it,she was reluctant to throw it.

Suddenly,the box was pulled away and she found out it was Baekhyun who took it.

“Baekhyun.”,She called out half consciously.

Baekhyun opened the box, carefully eventhough other people might call it rubbish if they saw it.He took out the chocolate and put the whole thing in his mouth right away.He the traces of chocolate on his thumb and index finger while he use the other hand to throw out the empty box in the dustbin.

“Baekhyun,it’s ruined.You’ll get stomach ache.Why did you eat it?”,Jihyun looked panic to see his act.

“This chocolate is for me right?You made this yourself,don’t you?Why didn’t you give it to me earlier?Never mind,I eat it anyway.It’s delicious,by the way.”,He grinned and his eyes disappeared as he did that.Jihyun was touched,really.She went up to him and hugged him right away.Baekhyun stumbled a bit as she hugged him unexpectedly but he hugged her back in no time.

“Why did you eat that?It’s ruined already.”,Jihyun cried like a kid.

Baekhyun smiled on her shoulder.

“You make it for me,how can I let it be wasted like that?Thanks.”,Baekhyun answered.Without she noticed,he put something in her uniform’s pocket.

Before they parted way to return to their class,Baekhyun whispered to her.

“Don’t cry.Check your pocket later.I’ll see you at home.”

He walked backwards and managed to mouth ‘I love you’ to
Jihyun and this made she smiled.She checked her pocket right away and found a small piano shaped cellphone strap.It was so cute that she giggled.

“Where did he get this?It’s unique.”,She mumbled as she put the strap right away on her phone.She stared at it once again before she kept away her phone.

……………………………………………………………………………………………...................................................................................................................
“Here.I have mine too.”,Baekhyun showed his phone. A cellphone strap hung there.It was a small teddy bear wearing lab coat with a stethoscope on its neck.

“You said you want to be a doctor.And I’m going to be a pianist.So when we look at these,we’ll always remember each other.As simple as that.”,Baekhyun explained as he sat beside Jihyun.It was night and they were hanging together at the lawn.

“Great.Thanks.”,Jihyun smiled.

“Say,if you gets the chance to further your study abroad,will you go?”,Baekhyun asked as he gazed on her,waiting for her answer.

“Sure.It was my one and only dream.What about you?”,She asked back and this time,she’s waiting for his answer.

“Of course.We might be separated for a while but we can always stay connected,right?”

Jihyun nodded.

“Yeah.It’s for our own good anyways.”

It was a silence between them because they were gazing on the stars.They had took the exam last month and the result will be announced  next week.They had promised each other to spend the time left wisely.

“You know..while you’re away,don’t go around flirting.”,Baekhyun stated suddenly and Jihyun laughed.

“I should be the one to say that.I’m not the popular guy.I hope you wouldn’t go around and drool over girls you meet on the street.”,She exclaimed and Baekhyun pinched her nose.

“I’m not!I’ll only look at you.My heart die without you.”

Jihyun cringed as her fingers curled in a ball.

“Stop the greasy words.You make me cringed.”

“Just admit it.You feel the same,don’t you?,Baekhyun leaned closer to her and blush started to creep on her cheeks.She hit the back of Baekhyun’s head with her palm as she avoid his face.

“Yah!Why did you do that?”,He asked,frowning while rubbing the back of his head.

“Don’t do that.”

“Do what?”

“Don’t lean to my face when you’re talking.”

“Uh-oh.Looks like someone has a dirty thought.”,Baekhyun teased as he chuckled.

“I-I’m not!”,Jihyun stammered and she cupped her reddened cheeks.

“Looks like you wear Revlon too much tonight.”,He indicated the blush on her face.

“Stop that,Baek.Or I’ll hit you again.”

“Okay.I’m sorry.Let’s go inside,it’s late.We need to sleep early,we’re going on a date tomorrow.I told my parent already.”,Baekhyun said.

“Y-You told them?”,Jihyun eyes went wide.

“No,not that.I just said we’re hanging out together.”

Jihyun sighed in relief.They stood up and walked together towards the door but Baekhyun grabbed her hand before they enter the house.

“What?”,Jihyun looked at him.

“Goodnight kiss.”,Baekhyun pointed to his right cheek,grinning.
“Stop that.”,Jihyun shook her head,blushing.

“Oh,come on.I’m not going to let you in before you did it.”,He pointed to his cheek again.He closed his eyes,waiting for her kiss.

Jihyun looked around before she leaned to him slowly.Her heart was thumping like crazy as the gap between them are getting small.

As her lips was about to touch his cheek,he turned to her because he wondered why she took so long.Unexpectedly,their lips meet and both of them gasped as they retreated from each other.

“Byun Baekhyun!”,Jihyun let out a small yelp as her cheeks turn red beet.

“I-It was an ac-accident!”,He stammered as he scratch his cheeks,and he looked away.His face was as red as her,too.

“Looks like you wear Revlon too.”,Jihyun snickered before she went inside,trying to avoid the awkwardness.She tried to hide her smile as she went upstairs but she carved a smile anyway.

Baekhyun,on the other hand leaned against the door as he placed his right hand on his chest.

“Why are you acting like this?I thought you’re going to break my ribcage for beating so hard.”

He breathe out and smiled afterwards.

You’re crazy,Baekhyun.You sure are.