CH# 8

RIVALS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Xiumin happily skipped to the theatre with his Aunt Kimmi where she had her last rehearsal for the play she was starring in since tonight was the last play for ‘The Three Musketeers’’ and Xiumin had insisted to skip his school today  so he could go to practice with her just this once.

“Now since I would be busy then I am gonna leave you with Luhan… he is the son of our dance choreographer Mr. Hangeng. Luhan is really nice and friendly so I am sure you would have fun with him, okay?” Saeun told her nephew in an excited voice making Xiumin to groan internally as he realized that he would be getting himself a babysitter rather than being allowed to wander around on his own, something he was really looking forward to.

“Must I be babysat?” Xiumin asked with a pout and puppy eye which had his aunt laughing at his cuteness but didn’t gain the result he was hoping for, which was his aunt giving him permission to do as he pleases, as she called out to that ‘Luhan’ guy.

Xiumin was still pouting when a slightly taller than him boy came to stand with them and happily greeted his aunt, the boy looked same age as Xiumin but his aunt had already told him that Luhan was 18 so Xiumin knew he was a ‘gege’ for him as Luhan too was Chinese.

After the basic introduction Saeun hardly had time to ask Luhan to take care of her nephew when the director demanded for her attention so she left them after bestowing an encouraging smile toward them. Xiumin didn’t bother uttering a single word as he kept looking at the baby face Luhan… but Luhan being the friendly type leaned down a little toward the cute looking boy and putting his hand on his chubby cheeks he softly rolled them in circular motion before saying.

“Oh my God! You are so cute looking and your cheeks are so cute and chubby… so I am gonna call you Boazi from now on.” Luhan exclaimed in extreme happiness.

BOAZI!! Like seriously?? Xiumin so wanted to roll his eyes at the deer like guy in front of him and so wanted to tell him how he hated the name the older was thinking about giving him when the said guy started to pucker his lips since he was making kissy faces at Xiumin who wanted to painfully point out that he was not 2 but…

CHU…

Luhan stumble back with wide eyes and hand on his mouth as he stared in surprise at the blank face of younger boy, “Y-you k-k-kissed m-me… why did you k-k-kissed me?”

“What are you talking about Lu-ge?” Xiumin cutely tilted his head and looked at Luhan with innocent expression. Luhan’s eyes widen even more at the cute way the other called him and he had hardly recovered from his shock when his father came to stand beside him.

“Hey Xiumin.” Hangeng greeted Heechul’s son, as he just learned from Saeun. Hangeng and Heechul are great buddies as the two of them met in China a few years back when Heechul went to a business meeting there. Their meeting was just by a chance but the two eccentric, as Suho likes to point out, people found a lot in common and became good friends. Then turning toward his own son Hangeng kept saying, “The director is starting the rehearsal so he wants every extra person out of here… so go ahead and give Xiumin a tour of theatre then you two can watch tonight’s play as well.”

The dazed Luhan nodded but didn’t make a move to follow his father’s words.

“Are you alright son?” Hangeng asked in concern but before Luhan could answer Xiumin in.

“Of course he is… come on show me around, Luhan Gege.” Xiumin whined to Luhan cutely and bowing to Hangeng he started to dragged the elder away.

*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Sungmin gulped in pure nervousness as he slowly paced around the shiny floor. He glanced at his wristwatch in pure nervousness since he had only checked the time just one minute ago… then lightly touched the soft pink roses he had in his hand.

Today was the last play… which unfortunately Sungmin came to learn about after he arrived at the theatre but fortunately Sungmin did came today or else he would have missed his chance to meet her. But now as Sungmin paced at one end of the corridor that he remembered led to Kim Sa Eun’s dressing room, he started to have second thoughts about it. If Kris was here, he would have made so much fun of Sungmin that the poor guy might have fled before presenting the gift to the girl of his fancy but since Kris wasn’t here so Sungmin kept motivating himself to stand his ground.

Just then he saw a blur from the corner of his eye and turning around he came face to face with the girl of his dreams who stood frozen a dozen of feet away from Sungmin… Sungmin offered a sweet smile which at least made Saeun to start breathing again.

After a solid five minutes of silence Sungmin made effort to break the silence by saying, “Hello”.

Saeun blinked her big beautiful eyes at Sungmin while chewing her bottom lip in nervousness before calming herself down enough to return the greetings.

Sungmin encouraged by her reply brought forward the flowers he got for her and with measured steps he reached her… keeping a safe distance just so she won’t be frightened by him and run away.

“I enjoyed tonight’s play a lot… Congratulations on the success of it.” Sungmin politely wished as he presented the bouquet.

“Thank you.” A timid smile made way to the girls face as she finally took notice of handsome guy in front of her because of course last time she was too scared and dumbfounded to take notice of the cheerful smile of the cute yet handsome guy… the guy was close to her ideal type but Saeun was a practical girl who didn’t believe in this teenager romance anymore, and seriously the guy looked younger than her younger brother so she knew that it was just an infatuation which will dissolve with time.

“And… umm… if you don’t mind then can I have your autograph?” Sungmin asked shyly as he held the small postcard picture of Saeun he got from the booklet of the play he had bought earlier.

Saeun seemed a little reluctant but pushing away the weird thoughts from last time she politely gave a positive response and with a timid ‘Thank you for your kind words’ and her signature she held out the picture for Sungmin to take and as Sungmin reached out for it their hands brushed slightly… both individuals felt a ting of electricity went through their body at the teeny tiny touch, Saeun felt her breath hitched up and her eyes widen in surprise and when she looked up at the cute boy in front of her she saw her expressions being mirrored on other's face as well.

Sungmin was indeed new to this kind of feeling and he felt like his brain has gone numb which was why a soft “You are beautiful Kim Saeun…” slipped passed his lips like an involuntary action and it was after a few seconds that Sungmin realized his blunder.

Saeun found her eyes going a little wider at the sincere and heart moving confession… she felt a weird feeling inside herself as a small smile made its way on her lips and a pink hue decorated her cheeks, so hugging the bouquet of roses she speed pass Sungmin after a rapid ‘Thank You’ and quickest bow she could spare.

The smile and blush had not gone unnoticed by Sungmin’s sharp eyes so he too was smiling after the girl of his dreams had left him standing all alone in the wide corridor… but the smile didn’t faltered as the feeling of hopefulness started spreading in his chest.

*=*=*=*=*=*

 

“Ahhh…” Xiumin opened with mouth wide, clearly indicating Luhan to put the tteokbokki he had put on the tip of a toothpick in his mouth.

“Can’t you eat yourself?” A pissed off Luhan asked while glaring at the innocently blinking Xiumin, who no matter how much innocent he looked was not at all innocent as Luhan had come to know in regard with the few hours he spent with the boy.

Luhan had received same innocently blinking eyes when Xiumin had rubbed his shoulder with Luhan’s, multiple times, d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter