CH# 10

RIVALS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The door of hotel knocked making Kris frown since he had not ordered room service for breakfast so who could it be? Groaning a little as there was another knock on the door Kris forced himself to walk up to the door and open it.

“What are you doing here?” A harsh question slipped passed his lips as soon as his eyes fell on his unwelcomed guest.

“I am here to give you company just like Sungmin Hyung ask me too, Hubby.” The widely smiling boy pushed pass Kris because he knew the other would never invite him in and he would look like an idiot if Kris shut the door on his face so forcing his way in was a much better option.

Kris shook his head at the boldness of younger and always smiling for no apparent reason guy and closing the door with a snap he turned to follow the said guy.

“So what should we do today?” Chanyeol asked as he literally bounced on the balls of his feet, and that for some reason annoyed Kris. Looking at the happy kid and thinking about his innocent proposal and love letters he had sent to him before, an evil idea popped in Kris’s mind.

Taking hold of younger’s arm Kris spun him around to face him and with one brutal tug their chests collided with each other. Kris wrapped his arms around the slim waist and with a y smirk playing around his lips, he leaned in to whisper in a husky voice, “Keep me company in the bed, if you must.”

“W-what?” A single word stuttered out by a wide eyed and scared looking Chanyeol made Kris’s smirk to widen, knowing that his plan was somewhat working.

“What’s the point of calling me hubby if I can’t even get that, right?” Kris’s husky voice and a slight caress to Chanyeol’s cheek could have dazed the younger but the sweet and innocent boy could only panic in this situation.

“W-we can’t do t-that until w-we get m-marry…” Chanyeol’s tried to push back the strong blond model but his weak shoves were no match for the strong built up chest of the other.

“It’s no big deal to do that in America without a marriage.” Kris scoffed out as he tightened his hold on the slim waist of younger.

“B-but… b-but n-not h-here.” Chanyeol’s voice broke and a horror filled reality hit Kris and looking closely he realize that his thoughts were correct as he saw a tear running down the boy’s cheek.

Kris’s mind snapped out as the scene in front of him registered in his mind and guilt of playing with a kid's feelings sank in because Chanyeol was but just twenty and as a three year older Hyung to him it was Kris’s responsibility to play his role well. The single tear running down the pale skin stirred Kris’s conscious so whipping the tear away with his thumb Kris mumbled out in a soft voice, “Hey don’t cry… I was only kidding with you.”

Chanyeol looked in Kris eyes with his huge ones to, most probably, search for the truth in Kris’s words and being satisfied Kris felt his body relax under his hold as the younger stuttered out, “r-really?”

“Yes. And how about I get change then we go out and you take me sightseeing, huh?” Kris asked in a warm voice which had Chanyeol’s beaming smile grace his lips again and he nodded enthusiastically. Kris slowly retraced his arms from others waist and without another word he rushed to the bathroom. As soon as the door closed behind him he leaned on it breathing deeply since the urge to punch himself was too strong. With his fists balled he shut his eyes tightly, not believing that he actually pulled out a stunt like that. He knew he should apologize to the younger but saying in words was hard so Kris promised himself that he would show it in his gestures when they go out together.

*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

“When would Sungmin Hyung come?” Xiumin finally whined out since it had already been half an hour that he came to the restaurant with his uncle Suho and he had been waiting quite patiently but still no sign of the person he was desperate to meet with.

Xiumin’s question made other four occupants of table to stop midway of consuming their lunch and glance toward the pouting boy.

“Sungmin? Why Sungmin?” Suho asked with furrowed brows.

“No reason… just wondering why he isn’t here.” Xiumin mumbled out as he stabbed his food with a fork.

“Sungmin won’t come.” Minho told the frustrated looking younger.

“Why?” Xiumin asked as stopped stabbing the food and turned toward Minho but it was Kyuhyun who answered him next.

“Sungmin went back to America for a few days. He would be back soon enough.”

“You mean to say that I wasted my Saturday with you ahjussis and the person I wanted to meet isn’t even in Korea?” Xiumin asked incredulously.

“Umm… yeah…?” Kyuhyun answered looking slightly lost after hearing other’s detailed question.

“Wait… Ahjussi????” Changmin picked up the word and frowned. “We are only nine years apart so call us Hyung.”

“I asked him the same thing but Heechul Hyung told him to call me ‘uncle’ no matter what.” Suho told his friend with a defeated sigh.

“I can call all of you ‘Uncle’ as well since you are practically Suho Uncle’s brothers.” Xiumin offered with an angelic smile decorating his face.

“Hmm… being an Uncle is better than being a common ajhussi so I am okay with it.” Kyuhyun readily agreed and ruffled Xiumin’s hairs playfully making younger to pout and make haste to fix his hairs.

“But I am not… I wanna be Hyung!” Changmin whined out.

“Okay Ahjussi Hyung.” Xiumin replied giddily.

“Aish this little squirrel…”

“So what was it you wanted to tell us Kyuhyun… you posted in group chat last night that you have to tell something?” Minho quickly stirred the conversation to a new topic since he could sense a nonsensical banter between two babies coming their way.

“Yeah I was shocked to see that you posted it at 3am… what were you doing so late at night?” Suho asked this time.

“Well…” Kyuhyun’s voice trail away as he subtly glanced toward Xiumin, something which the sharp boy noticed as well.

“I am gonna go and check out some desserts.” Xiumin said with a smile as he left to give the elders some privacy.

“So?” Changmin started as soon as Xiumin left.

“After last day I realized that I shouldn’t keep things from you guys no matter how small…” Kyuhyun started while trying to repress a small smile. “Last night…”

Blushing and stuttering all throughout the story Kyuhyun finally told his friends the reason of being awake late last night… it was extremely impossible to look Minho in the eye but Kyuhyun could feel he was the most excited out of all his friends.

“Siwon and Kyuhyun sitting under a tree…” Suddenly Minho started singing.

“What the…?” Kyuhyun looked up in shock at his mischievous friend with his jaws hanging open.

“K.I.S.S.I.N.G!!”  Laughing, Suho and Changmin also joined in teasing Kyuhyun.

“Oh my Lord!!” Kyuhyun groaned loudly as he buried his blushing face in the crooks of his arms.

*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Sungmin mentally created a lot of scenario that could take place when he brought up the topic of breaking up of the engagement to Jessica and none of them ended well so it was safe to say Sungmin was mentally as exhausted as physically by the time he entered his house after a long flight and maybe longer taxi ride, because of traffic jam, to his home.

“Neil?” a voice inquired in somewhat shock.

Sungmin looked up as a beaming smile spread over his face as he saw his father comfortably sitting in his special sofa and watching TV. Sungmin knew his Dad had thrown quite a big tantrum a couple of days ago and made the hospital discharge him- but of course after many promises of resting for next one and a half month- and Sungmin was glad to see that he was fulfilling that promise… at least until now.

“Hello Father. How are you?” Sungmin asked politely as he walked toward his father and gave a sideway hug while putting a hand on other’s shoulder to keep him sitting.

“I wasn’t told that you were coming back today.” Mr. Lee said with a slight frown decorating his aged face.

“That’s because I wanted to surprise you.” Sungmin told him while chuckling a little.

“I am really happy to see you… but you should go and get change then may be after a little snack you would like to sleep off your tiredness, you must be jetlagged.” Mr. Lee suggested while softly rubbing Sungmin’s back.

“Yes I am so tired that I could fall asleep without changing or snacks.” Sungmin admitted with a laugh as he got up to leave. “Isn’t Mom home?”

“No she went on a shopping trip with Jessica’s mom and I doubt she would be back before dinner.” Mr. Lee explained.

“Okay, then see you later Dad.” Sungmin bid as he made his way to his bedroom.

.

.

.

True to his words… as soon as Sungmin had entered his room he fell in bed just to show his bed how much he missed it but he slipped into the dreamland in the matter of seconds. So after four hours of blissful sleep Sungmin took a shower before heading downstairs where his father was waiting for him at the dining table even though it was only 7pm but Sungmin’s stomach was indeed rambling and his Father was already sitting with the remedy.

After eating Korean spicy food for two weeks already Sungmin kind of missed the American food and as soon as his touched the dining chair he started piling his plate with food.

“So how did you find Korea?” Mr. Lee asked in a whisper.

Sungmin looked up at his Dad’s forlorn expression and he knew how the other wished to be in Korea right now so smiling sadly he replied, “It is beautiful. Korean people are very inviting so I readily felt at home there.”

“That’s because you are Korean by blood, Neil.”

“Sungmin. Please call me Sungmin, Dad.” Sungmin softly pleaded.

“Okay Sungmin.” Mr. Lee said while smiling proudly.

“Neil?!” A voice shrieked and turning around Sungmin got up to run in his mother’s waiting arms while smiling like a small kid. “This is such a pleasant surprise. I was missing my baby so much.”

“I was missing you a lot too, Mom.” Sungmin stated while still being hugged by his mom.

“Oh you were? That is why I was asked not to contact you neither did you bothered calling your mother, huh?” Sungmin’s mother asked while playfully narrowing her eyes at him.

Sungmin laughed awkwardly before saying, “It was only because I was busy mom… but look I was missing you so I am here, right?”

“Yes my baby. And how is your work going?”

“Work is going okay.”

“Take me to France with you this time, I would only shop around and won’t bother you I promise.” Sungmin’s mother proposed with a subtle wink making Sungmin laugh.

“Then who would take care of me, Kate?” Mr. Lee jumped in the conversation.

“Oh Jonathan, because of you I can’t even have my mother-son bounding time with my son.” Kate accused her husband as she and Sungmin went to sit on the dining table.

“Sorry but you know I need your undivided attention all the time.” Mr. Lee replied cheekily making his wife roll her eyes at the over-romantic guy and Sungmin could only laugh at their cute interaction.

The whole family kept joking ar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter