CH# 4

RIVALS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So now we are going there… AGAIN?” Kris asked Sungmin, who had a wide smile plastered on his face and with a bounce in his step he all but dragged his cousin to go to the restaurant he visited yesterday.

“Of course we are. I already told you that in order to learn about them I need to become their friend… as soon as possible since two months would been gone in a blink of an eye,” Sungmin explained to his cousin… again, he might add.

“Yeah but you are only meeting with Kyuhyun… and that’s one CEO out of the six, so what about the rest of the five?”

“Oh Kris I am so happy to see that your math has improved so drastically.” Sungmin teased his cousin who didn’t look so pleased. “I know that Kyuhyun is the only one who is the CEO but he is friends with Kim Heechul, Choi Siwon and Park Jungsu’s brothers so I am bound to learn about them as well… if not then I will come up with another way soon enough.”

“Fine but why can’t you meet them as the COO of your company. It would be much more easier.” Kris once again questioned his cousin’s sanity.

“True! But I am 100% sure that if they knew who I am then they would go out of their way to please me and I would never be able to learn their true disposition… I want to be sure I would be recommending someone totally trust worthy to my father. I don’t want to disappoint my Dad, Kris.”

The younger but taller of the two finally understood his cousin’s intentions and nodded to acknowledge his idea, making Sungmin smile widely at him. The two cousins had finally reached the desired restaurant and one glance through the glass wall and Sungmin was sure that his targets were already present there and were actually sitting at the exact same spot as yesterday.

“Now act natural.” Sungmin advised, making Kris to snort at him, as he entered the restaurant and walked toward the counter. They ordered the required food and turned around to search for a place to sit but as soon as Sungmin turned he caught Kyuhiyun’s eye, who immediately recognized Sungmin and gestured for him to join their table… Sungmin was happy to comply.

“Back again here?” Kyuhyun asked as Sungmin took a seat beside him after greeting everyone and noticed that Changmin was missing that day; apparently he was busy with work.

“Yup! This restaurant holds special meaning for me since my Dad proposed my Mother here.” Sungmin told them with his eyes bright and shining, making everyone go ‘aww’ at him but only Kris scoffed quietly because the truth was that Sungmin totally made up the story… in reality his dad never even proposed his mother because his mother was the bold one who proposed to his shy dad in Jeju island were his mother was on vacation and well his dad was working there. His young ambitious father took the great opportunity with both hands… it’s true that he fell in love with the pretty American girl but a part of him was thrilled to move to the big country and try his luck there… but rather than telling the truth, Sungmin made up an excuse so he could have a reason to visit the restaurant the four friends were frequent of.

“Anyway, guys this is my cousin Kris.” Sungmin gave a short introduction of his cousin and hoped no one would recognize his true identity. Kris politely greeted the three boys who used equal politeness to welcome the new comer.

“So how do you like Korea so far?” Suho questioned the duo once their food had arrived and everyone started on their lunch.

“It’s great… people are really nice and warm because they actually take notice of you while you roam the streets so not like America.” Sungmin replied with a laugh.

“You should visit all the traditional places here before you leave for America.” Minho suggested.

“Yeah I planned to do that… actually I have heard a lot about Korean Musicals  and I am a really big fan of Musicals so it would be great if you guys can help me out in that respect.” Sungmin looked at them expectedly… his mission to learn about these certain CEOs is one thing but having a little fun while he was finally here in Korea won’t hurt much, right?

“Oh, Suho has great connections in Musical industries he can totally help you out.” Kyuhyun commented, gaining a nod from Suho.

“Don’t worry Sungmin, I would tell you about some awesome Musicals later on.” Suho reassured and Sungmin gladly agreed and he was quite happy when the boys exchange their numbers with him. The quiet Kris was actually impressed to see that his Hyung was sure working fast.

.

.

“So what did your Dad say to you after you told him about the yesterday’s valuable information?” Minho asked Kyuhyun.

“He just said, ‘Just as I predicted’ and left to do God only knows what.” A quite forlorn looking Kyuhyun replied.

“He didn’t even praise you?” A shocked Suho asked.

“Does he ever?” Kyuhyun snorted out. “But now he has given me another mission…”

“What?” Suho and Minho asked at the same time, making a sad looking Kyuhyun to chuckle a little lifelessly.

“He…” Kyuhyun’s voice trailed away then he took a long sigh before uttering, “He wants me to seduce Vincent Lee because he thinks being gay is a trend in America now-days.”

Sungmin nearly spitted out the drink he was drinking.

“Your Dad hates the fact that you are gay but wants you to use this for his advantage… no offence intended but that’s really sick of him.” Suho concluded with a really disgusted look on his face.

“Will you… umm… do it?” Kris finally opened his mouth to ask the question in his broken Korean, making all the rest of the boys to look at him in confusion. “I mean the seduction thing… will you do it?”

Sungmin was somewhat glad that his cousin voiced out the question he himself wanted to know the answer of because no matter how handsome Kyuhyun was…  even though it might have became a trend to openly admit your uality in America but Sungmin was most definitely not gay.

“I don’t exactly have a choice.” Kyuhyun replied with a sigh. “I just hope for his and my sake that Vincent Lee is straight as a pole.”

Oh don’t worry that he is… Sungmin thought to himself.

“And talking about seduction and relations… I noticed you have a ring in your special finger. You engage or what?” Suho asked while pointing toward Sungmin’s ring finger.

Sungmin gave a tight lip smile before admitting that yes he was indeed engaged.

“Oooh who is the lucky lady?” Minho teased the shy looking Sungmin who refused to say another word.

“Oh come on… we are friends now, aren’t we?” Kyuhyun pressed Sungmin so he would tell them more about it.

But Sungmin froze for just one second as he realized that Kyuhyun just said that they were friends… Sungmin never got to hear that in his school or college life since he was always known as the weird Asian kid no matter how much great Sungmin’s English was. He felt happy to know that he made friends.

“She is my Mother’s friend’s daughter, she’s four years younger than me and she is really pretty.” Sungmin gave as much of information as he could.

“And she is a who is only after his money.” Kris put in with his off pronunciation but words good enough to convey their meaning.

“Kris.” Sungmin hissed out in surprise.

“I thought they just called you your friend so maybe they should know the truth.” Kris defended his actions and turned to look at the dumbfounded boys. “Sungmin Hyung doesn’t even love her; he just plays along to keep his parents happy.”

“So you don’t love her?” Kyuhyun was the one who broke the silence that had engulfed them.

“No,” Sungmin finally thought to let the truth out. “But that doesn’t matter since I have to do what my parents want.”

“WOW! Here our parents rule our life and then million miles from here, your parents rule your life there… are all parents like that?” Suho asked somewhat amuse.

“I guess they pretty much are.” Sungmin agreed with a humorless laugh.

“I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter