CH# 21

RIVALS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first ray of rising Sun peeked from behind the thick curtain, and it wasn’t long when a strip of sunlight filtered through the said curtain and slowly made its way toward the contently sleeping couple on the bed. The ray crept silently across the bed, coming to stand still on a pair of close eyes. The moment stood still until the said pair of eyes started to flutter- opening closing repeatedly.

A groan, of satisfied sleep through the night, left Jungsu’s lips as his eyes finally came to open entirely. Still a little dazed, he gave a once over to the room and found it drown in semi darkness- thanks to the sun rays creeping in around the curtain- until his eyes came to focus on the man using his shoulder as pillow with his arm thrown around Jungsu’s chest. An amused smile took its place on Jungsu’s lips as he looked around to try and locate the bunch of pillows Heechul had put in the middle of the bed, last night… claiming that they would serve as a barrier between ‘Heechul’s side of bed’ and ‘Jungsu’s side of bed’. Seemed liked, Heechul himself had blown away the barrier sometime in the middle of the night and crawled to curl around Jungsu… not that the latter was complaining at all.

Jungsu felt Heechul stirring in his half-embrace before loudly. The slightly elder man waited, patiently, to be kicked out of the bed just like last time… mentally preparing himself beforehand so he won’t be caught off guard.

“Umm… w-what time is it?” Heechul’s sleepy inquiry made its way to Jungsu’s ear, making him to blink blankly… because if Heechul was speaking then that meant he was fully awake- otherwise he would just mumble nonsense- but if that was the case then why was Heechul not throwing a tantrum on Jungsu touching him ‘inappropriately’… heck! Why was Heechul snuggling more deeply in the crook of Jungsu’s neck? That was not normal.

“Ahh, Heenim?” Jungsu spoke in nothing but a mere whisper. “Are you feeling alright?”

“Hmm,” Heechul hmm-ed and sighed blissfully as the tip of his nose dug slightly deeper in Jungsu’s collar bone and his hand slithered it’s way to come stand in the middle of Jungsu’s chest, where the latter’s heart was literally hammering loudly. “I am feeling fine.”

“Are you sure?” Jungsu squeaked, trying his best to make his friend realize that he was doing something he would never do if he was ‘fine’. “Because in case you didn’t realize, you are currently cuddling with Park Jungsu aka Leeteuk, who used to be your best friend and had hots for you since the last year of college and had been continuously, and shamelessly, flirting with you for last whole month!”

An ominous silence followed Jungsu’s somewhat panicked speech but as seconds turned to minutes and he didn’t get any sort of reply from Heechul, his anxiety started to rise.

Heechul gave out a long suffering sigh before he inclined himself enough to raise his head away from his friend’s shoulder and glare down at him in a menacing manner.

“I thought it was you who wanted to spend some romantic time with me… isn’t it the whole purpose of this get away trip?” Heechul demanded in a small, yet deadly, voice, slanting his eyes at his ex-best friend. “But if that’s not what you want then I am fine by that.”

With that said Heechul leaned away from a frozen Jungsu and got off the king-size bed, and the moment his feet touched the soft carpeted floor Jungsu broke out of his trance with a startled jolt.

“WAIT!” Jungsu cried, eyes ballooning comically. “So you were trying to be romantic with me? Oh my Lord! I am such an idiot… I didn’t realize… please come back…” Jungsu got on all four and crawled to other side of bed, making grabby hands at Heechul’s lean figure but before his hands could latch on Heechul’s slim waist the latter jumped out of other’s reach.

Heechul scoffed loudly, folding his arms on his chest in a sassy manner, “As if, now I would… you lost your chance, ert.” Feeling exceptionally happy to see Jungsu’s disappointed face, Heechul swirled around to get to his luggage and pull out something worth wearing, and that task turned out to be quite easy since every clothes Sungmin had packed for him where trendy and comfortable looking. “Now if you will excuse me, I am gonna get a nice soothing bath.”

Jungsu perked up at Heechul’s words, a mischievous gleam shining in his eyes, “Can I join you?”

“If you don’t value your baby-producing sacs then you are more than welcome to join me,” Heechul said in a sweet honey-dripping voice but his eyes were anything but sweet, confirming the fact that Heechul was being sarcastic but did Park Jungsu cared? Umm… of course not!

“Nah I don’t care about them… it’s not like you can conceive a child anyways,” Jungsu shrugged in a nonchalant way.

Turned out, even a small nearly weightless box of tissue papers could hurt like hell if thrown directly across the face, Jungsu established, as he hollered clutching his abused nose when a snap of bathroom door closing echoed in otherwise silent room.

“Okay… so the question is… do I value my baby-producing sacs or not?” Jungsu mumbled to himself, scratching his chin thoughtfully. “Nah, I think I can live without them!” Jungsu exclaimed before jumping out of the bed and taking noiseless steps toward the closed bathroom door… a erted smile climbing on his lips. With great anticipation, he extended his hand to latch on door knob and give it a wild twist… before groaning loudly. “Jerk! You locked the door!”

 

*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Heechul had a bad habit of bathing for more than necessary time. He seemed to like to sit in the bathtub for ages, until his hands starts getting wrinkly… knowing that, Jungsu didn’t wait to be granted permission to use the bathroom. He slowly tread his way toward the first floor… hoping to use Chanyeol’s bathroom.

Okay fine! He will admit he was just using this excuse to see what his brother and that-good-for-nothing-but-having-face-of-a-Greek-god Kris were up to. Jungsu didn’t know what to expect but he also didn’t know what would happen if he found his baby brother cuddling with a six-plus foot giant, legs all tangled and sheets all messed up and-

Jungsu quickly shook his head to wave away those weird- and disgusting- thoughts. Taking a deep breath he slowly opened the door of room#4 and was glad to see the door was not locked. A pleasant surprise greeted Jungsu as he stood in the door way of his brother’s room, relieved to see twin beds placed at least 6 feet away from each other… not a king-size bed he was expecting. One bed was occupied by a deeply sleeping Chanyeol, whose half face was buried in his feather-like blanket and he was softly snoring like a baby… and the other bed was currently empty but the messed up bedsheet was a tattle-tale of how someone had indeed slept in that bed. This was all Jungsu needed to get his burdened and anxious heart to ease up.

Jungsu knew that his baby brother was not per se a baby anymore. But even if he knew Chanyeol had turned twenty and as twenty year old adult he had every right to live his life as he pleased… but Jungsu just couldn’t shake off that brotherly/fatherly instinct he felt for Chanyeol… because after the death of his parents Jungsu had taken the role of a father for Changmin and Chanyeol, but mostly Chanyeol, so all he wanted was to get the best for Chanyeol… since Chanyeol was more like a son to him than a brother… just like Xiumin.

Speaking about Xiumin… Jungsu thought he should also pay a small visit to his room… but in this case, the elder wanted to go and check on Luhan, because if anyone was in danger of being jumped on, it would most definitely be that sweet looking Chinese boy, who was forced to come there in the first place and the way Xiumin looked at him… it was same as Jungsu looked at Heechul and that thought alone sent shivers down Jungsu’s spine, since it was a frightening thought.

But before the elder could quietly slip out of Chanyeol’s room, sound of a door opening reached his ears, making him stop short in his strides.

“Jungsu Hyung?” Kris slightly croaked voice inquired. “Did you need something?”

“Ah, yes… I-I needed to use your bathroom b-but… umm… since you were inside so I was leaving to search for another one,” Jungsu mentally patted himself to get a perfect lie out even in crucial situation… he was not a businessman for nothing.

“Oh, then now you can use it, Hyung.” Kris said politely, stepping away from the bathroom door and silently gesturing for elder to use the said room.

Jungsu took a couple of measured steps in that direction before coming to stop right in front of the towering Kris, the latter looked surprised to find Jungsu right in his face.

“What sort of feelings do you have for my baby brother?” Jungsu asked, keeping his voice down so Chanyeol won’t wake up. “If you are just playing around with him because he is too naïve even for a twenty year old boy then I suggest-”

“I am not playing with him,” Kris barked, gritting his teeth.

“Then what do you plan for him… for you and him, huh?” Jungsu prod deeper, digging for some valid and steady answers.

“I will let you know about it in three days’ time,” Kris said sotto voce, his stance becoming a little relaxed.

“Why three days?” Jungsu questioned sharply. “What’s gonna happened then?”

“A lot of things,” Kris muttered with a mysterious smile lit on his face. “But it’s a secret so I can’t tell just yet.”

“I don’t like the sound of that,” Jungsu breathed out, eyes narrowing on the taller model.

Kris shrugged nonchalantly before saying, “If I am to be honest, if you asked me what my plans were a week ago then I might not have an answer for you… but now I do, but I would tell you three days later… moreover what I feel for Chanyeol? It even surprises me but my feelings for him are pure and sincere- something I didn’t s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter