CH# 12

RIVALS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Mr. Lee you need to make a survey of the showroom down stairs. This is your Father’s order.” Hyukjae’s secretary said as she was filling him up on the day’s schedule.

“But why?” Hyukjae asked sharply as he knew he only needed to make a survey once a month and it was only last week that he did the survey and everything seemed to be in order.

“That is because you need to mingle with your staff some more.” Suddenly a voice said and looking up Hyukjae saw his father entering his office. With a single wave of his hand he shooed away Hyukjae’s secretary, making the poor girl to run away after a quick bow. “From now on you will do survey every Monday noon, is that understood?”

“But doing a survey even once a month is boring work, I don’t wanna do it every week.” Hyukjae whined out at his Dad who could only sigh in disappointment. “Everything is always in order anyway.”

“Hyukjae I have been hearing things about you from the employees like how much of a stuck up diva you are or how anti-social your behave in the meetings. We need to do something before the shareholders demand a meeting for change of CEO, and if you keep up with this attitude of yours then that would happen in no time.”

“But this work is so boring.” That was the only answer the diva could provide his father with.

“I don’t wanna hear any buts from you Lee Hyukjae. You will go down, have a look around and see how things are going, is that clear Mr. CEO?” Mr. Lee said in his stern voice.

“Crystal MR. Director.” Hyukjae replied with clutched teeth but in the same formal manner as his Dad had asked him in.

*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Kate frowned as she saw her son shoving his face with scrambled eggs and bacons while glancing at his watch like he was running late. Clearing softly she inquired, “Where are you going, Neil?”

Sungmin stopped short at his mother’s question and clearing his somewhat surprised expression he mumbled out, “I have a flight to catch Mom.”

“Y-you… you were serious?”

“Yes mom, I was serious about everything.” Sungmin declared with a subtle hint.

“Neil, honey, please don’t make hasty decisions. Think before you act.”

“Trust me when I say that, mother, but I had been thinking long and strong over this issue since the day I got engage to Jessica.” Sungmin told her sotto voce. “Jessica and I were never meant to be together.”

“May be if we can talk a bit…?” Kate suggested with her eyes pleading.

Sungmin leaned toward his mother and took her hands in his own and gave a light squeeze before saying, “I have already talked to Jessica and she feels the same way as me. Please mom, for my happiness sake can’t you let this go?”

Kate locked her gaze with her son’s and heaved a long sigh before nodding slightly.

*=*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Hyukjae was just one step away from literally yawning in the face of the showroom manager because he was utterly bored to death. If the manager’s monologue got any more boring he might just fall asleep on the floor.

“… that’s why we stopped importing them from France. The loss would get the company bankrupt if we kept up with it, Mr. CEO.”

Hyukjae jolted up as he heard the word ‘CEO’, slightly frowning because his mind was a little numb to comprehend why that word would strike him odd but then he realized that HE was the ‘CEO’.

“That’s great Junsu we should import them some more then.” Hyukjae quickly said while giving himself a firm shake to wake up his mind.

“Umm… did you even hear what I said?” Junsu asked with a raised brow. Gulping a little Hyukjae shook his head at the annoyed looking Manager who could only sigh in frustration at Hyukjae’s reply. “I just told you that they were getting us a big loss and you are saying we should import them some more??”

Hyukjae bit his lips in embarrassment but he couldn’t help and chuckle at his stupid mistake.

“Honestly Hyukjae you should be really glad that we are friends and I let your absent mindness pass… if I were to tell your Dad then you know what would happen to you, right?” Junsu said while pretending to be threaten the other.

“Yeah but I know you would never do that because you love me too much to see me chopped into small pieces and fed to tigers.” Hyukjae replied back with a wide gummy smile decorating his face as he threw his arm over his friend's shoulder while the other could only shook his head at his stupid and a little too carefree friend.

“Junsu we have a… umm… well a difficult costumer here.” A voice broke off the small banter of two friends and they both turned around to face the owner of the voice with Hyukjae’s arm still thrown over his friend's shoulder. But as soon as his eyes fell on the person who was standing beside Yoochun, Hyukjae’s gummy smile faltered into a slight jaw hanging expression. Hyukjae quickly withdrew his arm from Junsu’s shoulder as he looked at the glaring Donghae, the glare speaking more than words and Hyukjae definitely did not want to see his childhood friend die at a young age.

“No problem Yoochun I would assist our dear costumer.” Junsu said while giving a charming smile to the costumer as Yoochun and, apparently the glaring without a reason, guy made their way to where Hyukjae and Junsu stood. Junsu felt his smile faltered a little as he noticed the glare on the handsome face which shockingly was directed at him but brushing it off as the annoyance of costumer at not finding a car according to his preference he went on the business mode, “Hello Sir, I am the Manager of Lee’s showroom, Kim Junsu. How may I assist you?”

Before the customer had the chance of letting out even a single syllable Hyukjae squeaked out, “I think I should leave.”

Before Hyukjae could take a step he found a tug on his arm and then Junsu’s lips against his ear and Hyukjae felt a shiver ran down his spine not because of his friends intimate action- it was not at all intimate for Hyukjae who saw Junsu as his brother only- but because of the harden eyes and balled fist of Donghae. “Just stay and observe a little Hyukjae, you know this is the only way to make your dad happy.”

Hyukjae was not sure what his friend said but it was something along Hyukjae staying put and the dazed Hyukjae could only nod at his friend with his eyes still locked with the sharp one of Lee Donghae.

“How may I help you, Sir?” Junsu again inquired after making sure that his friend would not be interrupting them anymore.

“Seeing that it is a car showroom so I am pretty sure I am here to check out a car, right?” Donghae asked back in irritation because he did not liked the fact that Junsu was still slightly holding his Hyukjae’s hand.

A small frown touched Junsu’s face before he masked his face perfectly and barked out a pretended laugh, “Of course sir but I was asking about your preference so I can show you the car that would suit your taste.” Junsu explained as he finally let go of Hyukjae’s hand and turned toward the back of showroom while gesturing Donghae to follow him.

“Well I like flat ones.” Donghae replied while offering a smirk and wink to the gapping Hyukjae as Donghae moved to follow the Manager.

Hyukjae stood frozen as he gapped at Donghae’s comment because he clearly remembered Donghae saying he had a flat , which was admirable nevertheless, but still flat just a few days ago when they were in Donghae bedroom.

.

.

Junsu seemed to be getting a little pissed off as Donghae yet again pulled a bored and disgusted face when Junsu showed him one of the best cars in the showroom. It didn’t take a genius to figure out those kind of expressions were not because of the cars but because of Junsu’s presence alone. Junsu did noticed the lewd looks and smiles Donghae, the customer, was throwing at his childhood friend and by the way Hyukjae was continuously blushing and avoiding the customer's eyes Junsu understood that there was something going on between the two guys but it still was insulting when Donghae said…

.

.

“I don’t want him to show me around anymore, I want you!” Donghae finally declared while giving his undivided attention to Hyukjae.

Hyukjae blushed as he could clearly hear the underlying meaning of Donghae’s words and as Junsu protested against Donghae’s wish, Hyukjae stepped forward to tell him that it was okay he could handle it now. Hyukjae was not thrilled at being alone with Donghae or to pretend to be car dealer he, and most probably Donghae as well, knew he wasn’t. But he sure wanted to scold the younger for being rude to his friend and being a whiny baby… and most importantly for coming here.

“What the hell are you doing here Donghae?” Hyukjae asked as soon as Junsu, after giving a begrudging look, left them alone.

“I am here to buy a car.” Donghae replied while bestowing Hyukjae with his charm oozing smile, making Hyukjae’s heart to jump a little.

“Really??”

“Really.”

“Fine! Come on I would show you around.” Hyukjae finally gave up thinking that maybe younger was indeed only interested in cars.

Hyukjae spent next half an hour showing every car available on the ground floor but Donghae was successful in finding at least one flaw in each and every and the worst part being, Hyukjae couldn’t contradict him because he hardly knew anything about cars himself. His own car is usually picked up by Junsu because according to Hyukjae one should drive the car which looks good on the road; the specification of the car is not his headache.

“That’s it? These are the only cars here?” Donghae asked in disappointment as he realized that they had a look around at all the cars and he was racking his brains to find an excuse to stay a little longer when the elder presented just that himself.

“No, the floor above is filled with cars as well.” Hyukjae simply replied as he gestured Donghae to follow him upstairs. Donghae couldn’t stop the wide grin from spreading across his face when he came to learn that the floor above was deserted unlike the ground floor.

“How do you get cars on this floor?” Donghae asked intrigued as he couldn’t see the cars being pushed up from the stairs.

“We use crane for the time being but are thinking about building a big elevator soon enough.”

“How does crane works here?”

“You see that glass window in the corner?” Hyukjae said as he pointed toward the glass he was talking about. “That’s actually a movable glass door, the crane heave up the car from that corner and we drive in.”

“Woah you look like a hot nerd giving me information like that.” Donghae admired with lust filled voice.

“I am not a nerd. I don’t know a thing about cars.” Hyukjae admitted with an embarrassed laugh making Donghae smile as well at the cuteness of the elder, which was not the case last night when Donghae called him because let alone laughing the elder didn’t bother uttering a single word… Donghae was the only one who kept blabbering this and that.

“Say Hyukjae, we are alone on this floor right?”

“No, the security guard is sitting in the corner beside the stairs.”

Donghae turned around at speed of lightening to confirm Hyukjae’s words because he was sure he saw no one when they came up but his eyes locked with a pair of hard and suspicious eyes of a person sitting in a shady corner. Donghae tore away his gaze and focused back on Hyukjae who was surveying the whole floor to most probably look for a car that Donghae might like.

“It’s a good thing you told me about the guard because I was just about to kiss you.” Donghae admitted then chuckled as he looked at the slightly reddening neck of blond, wondering how pink must his cheeks be right now.

“D-don’t t-talk non-sense.” The blond scolded in a timid voice without turning toward the now loudly guffawing brunet.

Donghae too started looking at the vast sea of cars before him. Then suddenly his eyes fell on one in particular.

“Look Hyukjae that’s the car which came in Titanic.” Donghae exclaimed as he locked his fingers around the startled blonds hand and started dragging him toward the said car. “Doesn’t this looks like the car Jack and Rose made love in for the first time?”

Hyukjae rolled his eyes at the childlike excitement of younger boy before bursting his bubble, “I am sure they did it a hundred times before as well but the movie just showed that part.”

“But still it looks like that car. Bentley, isn’t it?”

“Yes it is a Bentley Four Seat Tourer, made in 1929.” Hyukjae told the brunet.

“And you said you don’t know a thing about cars.” Donghae said with a chuckle.

“I don’t… this much information is provided on the plates placed along the cars.” Hyukjae explained as he pointed toward the plate holding the cars information.

“So how about we role-play as Jack and Rose from Titanic, huh?” Donghae suggested with a smirk as he opens the back door of the car and offered Hyukjae to step in.

Hyukjae couldn’t help but roll his eyes at the quite a subtle hint from the brunet as he turned around to walked toward another car, “Come on I would show you a car that would be perfect for you.”

Donghae was disappointment but he still followed the elder boy.

“This is Lotus M250… this model came out in 2000.” Hyukjae offered as explanation.

“Anything else?”

“Umm… it’s a really good looking car…?”

Donghae laughed out loud at the cute clutched up expression of other before saying, “It’s a lightweight car as this is an important part of Lotus cars make-up and this shape gives an extremely well balanced aerodynamic package.”

“How do you know?” Hyukjae asked in surprise.

“It’s a common knowledge about Lotus.” Donghae replied like it was no big deal that the one in car business was too ignorant while he knew more than him.

“But still… you can’t deny that it’s a good looking car. You would look good driving it.” Hyukjae argued back.

“Yeah but there is a teeny tiny problem…”

“What now?”

“It’s a two seater car and I want a car with wide back seat.” Donghae explained his dilemma.

Hyukjae just nodded at the younger knowing that Donghae must need a car to put some big boxes from his company in the car as the young CEO did not like to just sit around in his office and boss around others, he is always out in the field doing mild jobs along with his other responsibilities.

“Oh I understand,” Hyukjae said as he turned to look for the required car.

“You do?” Donghae asked skeptically.

“Yeah,” Hyukjae turned to lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter