CH# 14

RIVALS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Esuhort: Come on Kyu, we are waiting for you…

 

Ming: Kyu-line meeting without Kyu… how ironic!

 

Pumpkin: It’s not same without you… please come Kyuhyun.

 

Flaming Charisma: No body is at home. I promise!! It would just be us. And it’s only for lunch hour… please…

 

Ming: Do you know how hard it was to get a half day??
         Jungsu Hyung made me promised to work even on Sunday!! 
         Stop being a jerk and come already!

 

Kyuhyun smiled looking at the messages he received from his friends, in the group chat… each with an interval of 10 seconds, they sure were nagging but Kyuhyun found it kind of cute. Dropping the smile from his face he heaved a long sigh, while sitting in his car and looking at the gate of the big house he had not visited for last two years… and to say this was the very house Kyuhyun used to spend all of his spare time at… but now, remembering times like those could only bring back bitter sweet memories.

Kyuhyun let out another sigh and mentally encouraged himself to get over that already. He clutched the car-door’s handle with great determination but soon his grip slackened and he found himself thinking about making a run for his life… and in all honesty he was really close from doing exactly that when his mobile phone beeped, signally an arrival of a message.

 

From: Idiot Min

I wish things can go back to how they were two years ago… I miss you.

 

Kyuhyun painfully gulped the lump in his throat, feeling his friend’s pain in just these few words.

*=*=*=*=*=*

 

“He is not coming guys…” Minho mumbled, looking a little crestfallen.

“We still have a lot of time,” Suho said, giving a quick glance to his watch which showed that Kyuhyun would still have 30 minutes of his lunch break. Even if there wasn’t much piled up work, his friends knew Kyuhyun’s dad would have him working his off… like always. “Let’s wait for 10 more minutes, maybe he will come.”

Changmin and Sungmin were quick in agreeing with Suho but only Minho was shaking his head, like he had given up on any hope of his friend ever coming to his house again.

“No, Kyuhyun would never-”

“Kyuhyun would never what?” A loud voice broke off Minho’s sentence and a loud gasp filled the big luxurious room as the four friends turned toward the door of the said room only to find a smiling Kyuhyun standing there. “What? You thought I wouldn’t come?”

“You are late,” Changmin exclaimed, trying to hide his smile, pretending to scold his friend.

Kyuhyun shrugged nonchalantly, “I was trying to complete all of my work for today, as fast as I could… guess who is gonna stay longer than just half an hour?”

“Really?” Minho exclaimed, while pumping a fist in a loud cheer which was soon followed by other happy faces. “Then I think I should grab a few beers from the refrigerator.”

As Minho went to grab the said drinks, Kyuhyun made his way toward the rugged floor, plopping beside a widely grinning Sungmin, “So what are we watching?” Kyuhyun inquired, looking at the wide LED screen that was paused at the scene where the lead was being targeted by a sniper.

“Just some action movie,” Sungmin muttered, closely looking at Kyuhyun’s exhausted face.

“Ah, I like historical movies rather than this,” Kyuhyun complained, making Changmin roll his eyes at him.

“Yeah me too!” Suho exclaimed a little too enthusiastically. “I was getting bored with this one anyways, let’s watch some other movie.”

With a little bit bickering between Suho and Changmin, the majority voted for historical. Soon the lights were dimmed and the movie started but it was not long before all five of them lost interest in it and started talking and teasing each other… reminiscing their high school days. A few hours went by without any of them realizing it and it was only when the main door of Minho’s house was slammed shut that Kyuhyun realized it had been hours since he came here. He had meant to only stay for two to three hours and leave before he would cross path with some unwanted people… but he guessed he was too late now.

“Oh, I think Mom and Hyung are back from the bank.” Minho said while putting the movie on pause, which had been playing in the background even when nobody was watching it.

Kyuhyun stiffened at his friend’s words and rattled his brain to come up with a good excuse to leave as soon as possible but all of those excuses came to an end when he heard the smooth voice of Choi Siwon echoing in the hall way coming toward them… soon enough two people entered the semi-lit room and a surprised shrill voice greeted them.

“Omo, is that my Kyuhyunnie?” Minho’s mother asked once her eyes fell on the said boy. Kyuhyun quickly got up and went to hug the mother like figure, disregarding the person standing right behind her, he would be damned if he spared him even a single look. “Oh Kyuhyunnie, I haven’t seen you for so long. Where have you been? I missed you.”

Kyuhyun tried to disguise his sad face with a charming smile, “I missed you too, Auntie.”

“Yeah I can see that, that is why you never came to meet me, right?” Mrs. Choi said sternly, but her eyes were as kind as ever. “Look at you; you have lost so much weight, you should eat better.” Then her eyes roamed over cans of beer silently sitting on the table and a frown touched her fair features. “Didn’t Minho give you any good food?”

Before the mischievous Kyuhyun could even think about using this to his advantage and get Minho some well deserved scolding, Minho spoke up. “Everyone wanted to eat your handmade food Mom; we had been waiting for you.”

“Oh is that so,” Mrs. Choi narrowed her eyes at her son while her hand still lingered on Kyuhyun’s arm. Then her eyes moved toward a cute and merrily laughing boy. “Who is he?”

“Mom that is my friend-”

“Ah, your new friend Sungmin you kept telling me about, right?” Mrs. Choi was quick to put two and two together. Sungmin greeted her formally and politely. She chatted a few moments before she was interrupted when almighty Choi Siwon finally recovered from the shock of seeing Kyuhyun at his house.

“Mom, you were gonna make snacks for them, remember?” Siwon reminded his mother but his eyes were fixed on someone else, something that this ‘someone else’ might not know about but Sungmin’s sharp eyes had seen it quite clearly.

“Oh yes, now I will go and make some delicious food while you lot wait, okay Kyuhyunnie?” Mrs. Choi said fondly while giving a last look to slightly smiling Kyuhyun but before she could turn away her eyes fell on carefully concealed bruise on Kyuhyun’s fair cheek and on instinct her hand reached out to caress the said cheek, softly. “What happened to you?”

“Oh that…” Kyuhyun flushed, as he lightly touched his own cheek. “I… I ran into a door.”

“And did that door by some chance had your father’s hand taped to it?” Mrs. Choi gave Kyuhyun a knowing sad look, while Kyuhyun’s useless friends gave a loud chuckle in response to her inquiry therefore Kyuhyun could only give her a tight lipped smile. “How I wish I can nick you away from your parents and make you my own son.”

“Hate to break your sincere wish Mom, but then Mr. Cho would have legally sued you for kidnapping his son.” Siwon sniggered while brushing pass Kyuhyun’s stiffened body to take out a long and decently decorated envelope from his pocket.

“Oh is that so…” Mrs. Choi slanted her eyes at her son’s broad back with a teasing glint in them. “Then how about I get him to marry you then he will become my legal son… and nobody would be able to do anything.”

To the mother’s great astonishment her statement gained a crocked smile from the said elder son while the other boys whistled in appreciation.

“That would be awesome, Mom.” Minho joked back, gaining a snigger from Sungmin and Suho while Changmin only stared at the heavily blushing Kyuhyun, who was fidgeting uncomfortably.

“Well, I personally love the idea Mom, but I think you should ask Kyuhyun first.” Siwon’s response left everyone baffled for a moment and Mrs. Choi slapped her son’s strong arm, silently warning him to not say another word before she turned toward the red in face Kyuhyun.

“Don’t take him seriously Kyuhyunnie… you know he is a bluffer. Now go and sit and I will make something delicious for you, okay?”

Kyuhyun nodded at her gratefully before making a bee line to his original spot between Sungmin and Suho, refusing to look at the guy who had been a tease to him since forever but it didn’t help that Siwon just stood there staring- and obviously enjoying- at Kyuhyun’s torment.

“Hyung, we are having our bonding time, please leave.” Minho said, sensing the awkward atmosphere his brother had created with his arrival… and creepy behavior. He didn’t want to see a repeat of yesterday’s scene… even though it was fun to see prim and proper Choi Siwon’s head painted red with tomato juice.

“Fine I am leaving; I just came to give you this.” Siwon flashed the thin envelope in his hand and passed it to an eager looking Changmin. “It’s an invitation to a party Mr. Lee is holding next week.”

“Mr. Lee? Which Mr. Lee?” Kyuhyun couldn’t help but ask in curiosity but he made the mistake to look into Siwon’s eyes and the blushed, that he had put huge effort to make disappear slightly, was back to its striking red color once again. He seriously needed to grow out of his stupid teenager crush phase!

“Hyukjae’s father.” Siwon muttered in a soft somber voice as he moved toward the cowering Kyuhyun. Kneeling right in front of him he reached out a hand to trace the bruise on Kyuhyun’s pale skin. “I am sorry.”

Before Kyuhyun could do as much as blink his eyes, Siwon’s hand was withdrawn and he was out of the room in next moment, leaving Kyuhyun’s heart racing at the top speed. Another awkward silence engulfed the group of friends before Changmin loudly cleared his throat.

“Oh no, another party of Hyukjae Hyung’s.” Changmin moaned like he was in physical pain… pretending like nothing out of ordinary just happened.

The rest of the boys quickly picked upon Changmin’s plan on distracting Kyuhyun and went along with it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter