CH# 5

RIVALS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sungmin paused at a certain paragraph looking at it hard and strong, trying to figure out what their client was actually complaining about. He reached out for his cell phone with the intention of calling Yunho and asking for his opinion. But suddenly Sungmin’s constantly working mind finally snapped with revelation as he understood the meaning behind the words and he let go of his cell phone.

Then suddenly Sungmin started to chuckle as he realized that he had been a constant pain in for his advisor and Hyung, for last five or six days. Yunho must really hated it whenever Sungmin’s number flashed across on his mobile phone's screen.

Sungmin was here in Korea but unfortunately he was not here for a vacation, a thing Yunho’s constant emails and faxes kept reminding him. Everyday Yunho faxed or emailed important letters and files for Sungmin to review and Sungmin quite diligently would go through them as soon as he could. This was the sole reason why he was nearly always stuck in his hotel room. The only time he left the room was to have lunch at ‘his parents' special’ restaurant, as he would always say it to his new friends.

It was a good thing that Sungmin’s Dad was the CEO of their company so every important document demanded his signatures, which Yunho could easily get by visiting the hospital every day.

Sungmin being the COO just needed to review files and documents and point out the mistakes or amendments the document needed and Yunho would have it fixed by another employee. Fortunately this job could easily be handled even sitting million miles apart. Thus, that was exactly what Sungmin had been doing for last FOUR hours now.

“Oh Lord! I am so tired.” Sungmin groaned out after he clicked the send button to send the last email for today.

“Then stop doing this boring work and go out to have some fun.” Kris suggested, sprawled on his bed and looking through some magazines the hotel provided with.

“Hmm… I really want to but what exactly I can-” Sungmin suddenly shoot up as an idea hit him and he reached for his backpack. He pulled out the envelope Suho had handed him this noon when they had lunch together.

Kris looked up from the magazine when he noticed that his cousin had gone quiet really suddenly. “What happened Hyung?”

“I just remembered that Suho gave me a couple of tickets for this Musical show he was saying has a lot of popularity here in Korea.” Sungmin told his cousin as he pulled out the tickets to check name, date, venue and time. “Great!! The show is tonight at 8pm.”

Sungmin glanced toward the wall clock which showed 5:48pm. “Let’s get ready since the theatre is a little far from here and we might need at least quarter an hour to reach there.”

“What?? I am not going. You know I am not a fan of weird people dancing and singing in high pitched voices while wearing costumes.” Kris reminded his cousin while rolling his eyes at him.

“Kris!!” Sungmin exclaimed in horror as he realized that his cousin just insulted one of the finest arts of acting. “Think whatever you must but at least don’t break my heart like that.”

“Hyung, you are being over dramatic.” Kris pointed out.

“Aish! Whatever! But you are so coming with me. Trust me it would be fun and look Suho even got us backstage passes.” An over enthusiastic Sungmin showed the prized passes to his totally not interested cousin.

“So?! What do you need backstage passes for? When this would be your first time seeing the actors, which means you’re not a fan of them. What exactly are you gonna talk about with them?”

“Ahhh… I didn’t think about that.” Sungmin admitted with a goofy smile pulling on his lips. “But we are still going.”

“Fine!” Finally Kris gave up… not because Sungmin’s order worked on him, but only because Kris didn’t have anything better to do so he might as well accompany his cousin.

Sungmin started to do a silly victory dance as his cousin got up to get ready, earning himself a sharp hit on his head.

*=*=*=*=*=*

 

Sungmin was feeling quite giddy as he entered the hall of theatre and took his VIP seat with his scowling in annoyance cousin right beside him.

“Isn’t it exciting?” Sungmin couldn’t help but let out, even though he should have known that the present company was not exactly willing to share his excitement.

“It’s a matter of personal opinion.” Kris grunted out as he looked around him in a bored expression.

Sungmin decided to ignore him from then onward.

The Musical they came to watch was ‘The Three Musketeers’’ which, as a rather annoyed Kris had pointed out six times already, Sungmin has already watched a few times but that being in English. Now Sungmin was really anticipating watching the Korean Version as well.

The clock had stuck eight already and the workers of theatre were trying to bring order among the audience, closing the main doors and rechecking all things one last time before the show started.

Finally a hushed silence fell upon the crowded theatre and Sungmin’s anticipation sky rocketed.

At last, the curtains were drawn and the Musical started.

.

.

It was right at the moment when she walked in that Sungmin felt his breath hitched up… all other characters vanished and they were placed just in the background because there was only she who shined the brightest in Sungmin’s eyes.

The moment she parted to sing, Sungmin’s heartbeat could easily match to a racing horse’s. She had the most beautiful voice Sungmin had the pleasure of hearing, and Sungmin envied every person who had heard her before…

Her voice was different, a little unique… it was not as high pitched annoying as Jessica’s. She had a richer voice, a little deeper than most, more vibrant… it was downright y to Sungmin’s ears.

She had big beautiful brown eyes and the most amazingly heartwarming smile. When she looked at the audience while singing out her dialogues, to Sungmin it seemed that she was talking to him and him alone and that smile was displayed just to warm him to his core.

The part were Constance Bonacieux, which was being played by none other than her, bent down to kiss- which was just a peck- D'Artagnan who was sprawled on the ground… how Sungmin wished that he was the one playing D'Artagnan part and was the one lying there waiting for those beautiful lips to descend upon his.

The whole Musical was a mixture of a curse and blessing for Sungmin. He didn’t remember how the show went since he was a tad bit busy admiring the beauty God had created… if anyone was to ask him to compare this Musicals’ Korean version with English version then it would be a bit of hassle for Sungmin because seriously he didn’t know how the current show went BUT Sungmin could proudly say that he liked the Korean Version better.

The play came to an end and the curtains fell then came the most anticipated time of Sungmin’s life because after two minutes or so the curtains were drawn back again and the character introduction started…

Kim Sa Eun… Kim Sa Eun… KIM SA EUN… the name echoed inside Sungmin’s mind while a wide smile was plastered on his face. The name was as beautiful as the girl herself. Her beautiful smile directed right at Sungmin- or at least Sungmin thought that way- as she told him her name so Sungmin just had to smile in return.

“Are we gonna stay here forever?” An annoyed voice woke Sungmin from his fantasy world.

“Huh?” A confused Sungmin looked toward his cousin. “What?”

“The show ended like 10 minutes ago… everyone is leaving.” Kris pointed out to his oblivious cousin. “You just kept looking at the closed curtain with this goofy smile of yours… are you alright Hyung?”

Sungmin flushed deep red as he realized that he had been acting like an idiot all this time.

“Oh I-I am O-okay and s-sorry about earlier.” Sungmin somewhat stuttered out in haste as he got up from his seat with Kris right behind.

Kris gave him a weird look but thought to let it pass, “Let's go back to hotel now. I am tired so we will order room service for dinner tonight.”

Sungmin knew his cousin would say ‘Let’s go home’ as soon as the play ended but Sungmin had different plans for tonight.

“But I have back stage passes and I wanna use them.” Sungmin told his cousin while he started looking for a worker who could help him guide his way to the dressing room of one actor he had became a fan of.

“But you don’t even know anyone.” A bewild Kris pointed out.

“Of course I do.” Sungmin simply replied and then he stopped a worker of theatre and told him about his wish and showed him the passes he had. The cute looking guy readily smiled and told them to follow him.

“I am not coming Hyung.” Kris told him deadpanned.

“Please Kris… I just wanna meet this one person and then we can leave I promise.” Sungmin pleaded to his taller cousin who sighed and finally gave up for the sake of his Hyung’s happiness.

Sungmin and Kris followed the cute looking guy who introduced himself as Luhan. On Sungmin's request Luhan brought him directly to Kim Sa Eun’s dressing room, the one she was sharing with some other girls from the play.

By mere luck the dressing room held only two girls in it, Kim Sa Eun and the girl who played the role of Queen Anne of France- whose name Sungmin neither remembered nor cared to remember. Luhan gave a brief introduction of Sungmin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter