#9: Undone

Switched
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Must you really put on that flashy fireworks display at this moment?! They were THIS close to breaking the spell you idiot!” Destin cried out.


“Well excuse me, but that scene over there required some romantic touch to it! It was practically calling out to me to do something about it. I only gave those two pabos a helping hand.” Sarang defended.

 

“What “romantic touch” are you talking about you fool?! They could’ve broken the spell and now we have to wait around for an extended period of time instead of moving on to our next mission!” Fate added.

 

“And how exactly would they break the spell, huh? By what? Kissing themselves? Just the thought of it disgusts me! Ugh! Leave it to Magie to come up with these weird ideas.” Samvete said in defeat.

 

“ME? You wouldn’t have to deal with MY ideas if you were all creative enough on your own you lazy dimwits!” Magie fought back.

 

“HEY! WILL ALL OF YOU SHUT UP AND JUST LISTEN?!” Désir called out. 

 

Immediately, all five beings silenced themselves and gave him their full, undivided attention.

 

“Thank you.” Désir heaved a sigh of relief before continuing.

 

“I appreciate your enthusiasm and fondness over Yonghwa and Seohyun’s case but for now, all of us should just sit back and let them undo the spell of Eris themselves. You all have done enough damage, especially, you, Magie. 

 

How could you even come up with something like letting the owner of the bracelets swap bodies?! I swear this is the last time I’m ever letting you touch my things!” Désir threatened.

 

“Or what? Boohoo I’m so freaking petrified! Or not. Why don’t you just admit that you’re all impressed? Switching bodies of our star-crossed lovers! Unique, huh? Who said life can’t imitate those brainless unrealistic movies?” Magie laughed. 


“That’s not something to be proud of you .” Samvete scoffed.

 

“What should they be proud of, dearest superego? You filled their head with those emo thoughts of “Omg he/she deserves better than me!” or “Why get back with the one who hurt you? This isn’t right!” and yada yada yada. 

 

Geez. Loosen up a bit, will you? It’s the 21st century not the 15th! They were meant to be with each other anyway so who are you to stop them? It’s…wait for it! Fate.” Fate interceded.

 

“They are fated to be together but the timing is also of significance. They need and they will achieve far greater things ON THEIR OWN and eventually, later on, when the timing is right, they will be TOGETHER.” Destin said.

 

“Puhlease. Majira is on a break right now, like literally. She let me take charge of her task.” Fate stuck her tongue out.

 

“No she didn’t. She left her pocket watch with me!” Destin argued.

 

“You mean the gold circular thing? Yours are all fake. I have the real one.” Magie bragged.

 

“Excuse me but the real thing is within my possession you fools.” Sarang announced.

 

The argument went on until they realized that Majira (or “Timing”) left bits and pieces of her task to each and everyone of them. 

 

“I’m genuinely curious. How would they undo the spell?” Samvete asked.

 

“Originally, I created Erised or ERIS just to help deserving people get the thing or person or job or whatever it is they crave for intensely, granted.…” Désir began.

 

“Psh. Just say you created that bracelet, which by the way, how egocentric can you be by naming it after you? Eww. Anyway, ERIS is the byproduct of your unrequited and broken-hearted feels when the love of your life chose that army blockhead over you. Didn’t you commit suicide because of her?” Fate asked.

 

“Yeah he totally did. I was there and I saw the whole thing.” Destin snickered.

 

“I DID NOT COMMIT SUICIDE you judgmental creeps! I fell off the bridge when my drunk friend accidentally pushed me when I was unconsciously standing so close to the edge.” Désir clarified and then he continued before any argument was made.

 

“Anyway, that’s not the point. As I was saying, ERIS was created out of the intense desire to win over the love of my life. To have a second chance. If I couldn’t have a happy ending, I believed that others don’t have to suffer the same fate , no pun intended, as I did, so I helped them out. ERIS worked well during its early days but when it was I who got the second chance to love and be loved, in the end, the woman I fell in love with didn’t reciprocate my feelings. Since then, ERIS has been stagnant.” 

 

“That sparkly bracelet is stagnant because you’re so bitter. Sorry bro. I was too busy helping others out to realize you were in need of my services too.” Sarang apologized insincerely. 

 

“Alright everybody! We’ve all been humans, died tragically or so,  and yada yada yada. Before everyone falls into their dramatic monologues, PLEASE, can we just concentrate on those two blind pabos over there? Hello?! If y’all would love to stall around and wait for another decade before that couple called “YongSeo” finally own up to their feelings, well then count me out.” Fate shouted.

 

At once, all 6 of them were stunned to silence. First they remembered about their humble human beginnings, their tragic deaths, and then being reborn as these forces of nature or whatever it is that balances out several events in a person’s life. All of them are intertwined. They can’t work without the other and they most certainly can’t move on to the next task without having completed the one they’re into right now. 

 

“Magie, you really don’t have any clue how to undo this trick you’re responsible for?” Samvete asked helplessly.

 

“I wish I did but honestly, I really don’t know. I was too excited to see if the swap would occur to think about the consequences. Besides, as far as I can remember, our dear ‘ol Desi initially planned for the friends’ to be the ones who’d pick up Eris.” Magie admitted.

 

“Friends?” Sarang asked.

 

“Yes. I brought out Eris and created that horribly bright yellow shack to attract the attention of two individuals who I believed needed a second shot at something genuine.” Desir stated.

 

“Who? You mean that tall, lanky guy with the huge nose and the short blonde-haired girl who was partially drunk after the festival?” Samvete asked.

 

“That bassist and the dancer? Jungshin and Hyoyeon? WHAT! They had a thing?! OMG the swap would’ve been more epic and hilarious!!!!” Magie laughed.

 

“Oh yes I remember those two. Poor things. Come to think of it, they really do deserve Eris and I bet if they were the ones who got the bracelet we won’t be stuck in this phase for this long. How the hell did Eris end up with Yonghwa and Seohyun then?!” Sarang asked.

 

By this time, all eyes went towards the two culprits.

 

“HE/SHE DID IT!” Destin and Fate blamed each other.

 

“Hey! You were the one who pushed me!” Destin cried out.

 

“Excuse me mister but you were the one so persistent on this!” Fate argued back.

 

The two were yelling back and forth until Samvete had to break the fight.

 

“As expected of Destiny and Fate. Aigoo what a perfect combo you two are! Perhaps you were star-crossed lovers in your past lives, eh? Yah, Sarang! Why not join in the two to make the perfect trinity?” Magie joked.

 

“Don’t even give her ideas. The last time all three of these crackheads joined forces, it was I who had to clean up their mess.” Desir warned.

 

“Come to think of it, the bassist-dancer combo would’ve made this scenario a perfect romantic comedy but I gotta give it to the leader-maknae tandem for making the entire thing so melodramatic and lovely. They’re such a romantic couple! You can’t really accuse their fans for being “delusional.” I mean, just look at those two! Aren’t they adorable?” Sarang sighed.

 

“Adorable my . More like emo whipped losers.” Magie snorted.


“Can you not be such a bitter, egoistical being? I still don’t get why they assigned you with what you are right now.” Sarang fought back.

 

“Yeah and because a former druggie like you deserves to be in charge of love?” Magie quipped.

 

“STOP IT YOU TWO! There’s no sense arguing over who deserves which responsibility or power. We are and should all be united towards the same goal and right now our task is to make sure that Yonghwa and Seohyun undo the switch before the fifty second eclipse.” Samvete interceded.

 

“Sam’s right. If the two fail to break the spell. who knows what will happen to the rest of us?” Fate asked worriedly.

 

“Please guys, can y’all stop being pessimistic? When did we ever fail? Never, right?” Destin reminded.

 

“Well, there’s a first for everything…” Desir answered.

 

“It doesn’t matter worrying or being lax at this point. We have all done our parts and right now there really isn’t anything much to do but to wait. As hard as it is for us to accomplish a task so simple, we are left with no choice. We just have to work within our boundaries and please, no more tricks or taking risks this time. Stay within your limits. Are we all clear?” Samvete stated.

 

The rest nodded and they all huddled up for a final shout of victory. Here’s to waiting for the best or worse that is yet to come.

 

 

“I don’t think I can do this, Hyun. I swear I’m going to freak out!”  Yong oppa said anxiously. 

 

He’s already in London, awaiting his turn while I still had a couple of hours before going to the casting call. 

 

“Oppa…” I tried to coo him.

 

“I think I’m going to pass out…” I could hear his heavy breathing.


“No, listen to me..”

 

“I CAN’T!  I CAN’T DO THIS!” His voice went a notch higher.

 

“Yes you can, now if you just…”


“I’M GOING TO DIE!!!! SAVE ME JUSEYO!!!!” He screamed like a girl (well duh, he is a girl since he is in your body, stupid Seohyun) and I had to distance my ear from the phone.

 

“OPPA!” I called out loudly.

 

“THAT’S RIGHT! I’M AN OPPA NOT A GIRLY GIRL WHO WANTS A ROLE IN WICKED!!!” He shrieked.

 

“YEAH WELL I WANT THAT ROLE OPPA SO YOU BETTER GET YOUR ACT STRAIGHTEN UP OR ELSE I’LL MAKE YOUR LIFE A LIVING HELL IF YOU FAIL TO GET ME THAT FREAKING PART IN WICKED!!!!” I screamed my lungs out. Yong oppa’s managers went over to me in an instant with a worried and confused expression in their faces.

 

Through pathetic gestures and limited vocabulary, I tried to explain the situation until they were convinced enough that it was just my nerves acting out on me and nothing more.

 

“I WANT THAT AHJUSSI RIGHT THIS SECOND!!! AHJUSSI!!!!!” I heard him yell.

 

“YAH! STOP DOING THAT! YOU’RE MAKING ME LOOK LIKE A LUNATIC, YOU JERK!” I scolded him.

 

“Listen to me Seo Joohyun, if it weren’t for that stupid looking ahjussi who claims that the pendants on this bracelet are factory defect then we wouldn’t be stuck in this situation!” He argued.

 

“No, you listen to me Jung Yonghwa. We’re in this mess because we wore that bracelet and whatever. Actually, I don’t really give a damn anymore about how and why we got into this complicated situation we’re in right now. All I care is HOW and WHEN we’re going to get out of it. 

 

Two of the pendants are gone already. There’s just this musical note left. ERIS itself is transforming into something different. We’re so close to undoing this switch oppa so unless you want a rehash of the army-pregnancy debacle, then I suggest you to stop moping around like a weird person and start concentrating on your upcoming audition!” I lectured.

 

“Hyun, I’m sorry…I didn’t mean to lash out on you like that. It’s just that in less than an hour your name will be called and it has to be me who’ll go up on that stage and…” he said quickly.

 

“Oppa. Yonghwa oppa.” I said calmly.

 

“Y-yeah?” He stuttered.

 

“We’ve gone over the lines a couple of times. You can pull this off. Well, not as good as I could’ve done but I believe you’re going to blow the minds of those directors and producers. You’re already skilled and good enough if only you give yourself a chance to believe in my words. I trust you, oppa. I really and I honestly do. I know you can do this. Please.” I whispered.

 

“I’m scared, Hyun. I really am. What if I cost you this role? It’s an opportunity of a lifetime! I’ll never be able to forgive myself if that happens.” He admitted. Oh my, please don’t tell me he’s about to cry.

 

“Oppa, please don’t cry. You’re going to ruin my makeup. I don’t want a repeat of the three-hour tutorial we had earlier.” I reminded him sternly. 

 

I remembered how much we yelled at each other over Skype just because he couldn’t get the eyeliner done perfectly. Chaotic would be an understatement. 

 

“B-but…Hyun!” I could hear his voice quiver. Oh brother. Since when did the mighty Jung Yonghwa become such a crybaby?

 

“JUNG.YONG.HWA. FOCUS!” 


“It’s not easy, Hyun!” He whined.

 

“Just so you know, this is also taking a toll on me too! You think I’m used to taking my shirt off? Like I don’t even know why that scene is included or so and I feel like I’d be violating myself for having to do that just to gain a role, but newsflash, Mr. Jung. Against all odds and what not, I’ll still go all out for this. 100%. 101% even. I’m not doing this for me, but I’m doing it for you.

 

Why? Because this is your dream. A chance to be on top of the world. I get to be a part of it, like literally be the one to take the first step but hell, if I had a choice, I’d rather be in the sidelines giving moral support. But I can’t do that, right? Because hello?! I’m still stuck in your body and vice versa. We both are left with no choice so quit whining and make use of your spare time to rehearse or do something to tame your nerves. 

 

You owe me that role oppa and I owe you this one too. We’re in this together, okay? LITERALLY. So please. Stop fidgeting and be confident! I told you that you can pull this off. You can and you will. Got it?” I snapped. 

 

Now that speech should

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter