#10: Switch Reversed

Switched
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I think she’s waking up! Omona! Palli call the doctors and nurses!!!!” someone screamed inside the room.

 

Awake? Me? Was I asleep? Where am I? Groggily, I tried to open my eyes but what should’ve been an easy task proved to be a thousand times difficult. Once my vision has adjusted to the blinding lights, I blinked several times more until I was able to see clearly eight beautiful faces staring back at me.

 

“Joohyun-ah, my daughter!” my omma rushed over to hug me and my appa came too.

 

What? Why? 

 

“Where am I? What happened?” I struggled to say the words out loud.

 

“You don’t remember anything? You were in an accident, Joohyun. The train you were riding from Busan to Seoul encountered some major problems. There were a lot of casualties. You have no idea how much we worried over you. We thought you’d never make it.” My father cried. 

 

“Hy-hyoyeon unnie?” I asked.

 

“I’m here, Seohyun-ah. I’m here.” She said with a trembling voice. She had a cast on her arm but that didn’t stop her from coming over to hug me.

 

“I’m so sorry. I never meant you any harm. Forgive unnie, jebal?” She sobbed.

 

“It’s okay, unnie. It’s not your fault. I don’t blame you. I’m okay now, aren’t I? We all are.” I reassured her and smiled. 

 

I just sat there, not really hearing any of their voices as I closed my eyes and tried to remember everything else. Everything rewinded clearly in my head as well as the accident but something else doesn’t quite add up.

 

Being caught reading fanfics…

 

International Busan Rock Festival…

 

Bumping into Yong oppa and Jungshin chingu…

 

Hyo unnie getting slightly tipsy….

 

That colorful booth…

 

The weird ahjussi…

 

The bracelet….

 

Eris…

 

Waking up as Jung Yonghwa….

 

Wait. Waking up as Yong oppa. The bracelet. The switch! What the? I unintentionally pushed off whoever unnie was hugging me at the moment saying something about missing me and what not, as I lifted my hands for inspection. 

 

I was practically conducting a physical checkup of my own body, doing all these weird gestures, even going as far as touching you know, the one above and uh, the one below, before I finally screamed out a joyous, 

 

“OMONA!!!! I’M SEO JOOHYUN AGAIN!!! I’M BACK IN MY OWN BODY!!!! KYAAAAAA!!!!!”

 

Their stunned faces confused me a lot and in spite of my limited range of motions thanks to these tubes and etcetera, I tried to get down from bed and struggled to stand up on my own. They all have rushed forward to prevent me from doing so, but being stubborn, I pushed them with all my might and insisted I have my own way. 

 

They all screamed in panic when I lost balance and hit my head on the side rails. I had to repeatedly reassure them that I'm fine and my brain is still intact. 

 

“I’M ME AGAIN!” I repeated.

 

“Uh…of course you’re you. Who else would you be?” Yoona unnie said tentatively.

 

“I was stuck in Yong oppa’s body and now I’m free!” I declared.

 

With that bold declaration, gasps of horror filled the room and my appa almost fainted. 

 

“Psst! Hyunnie what are you saying?!” Sica unnie scolded.

 

“Oh, unnie, you’re here..? But?” I wondered aloud. Don't get me wrong. It's not that I'm not happy because I am. When was the last time SNSD were 9? I'm confused and also still hurting from the fall. 

 

“Let’s just say your accident paved way for the rest of us to patch things up, okay?” She explained quickly.

 

“Jinjja? That’s good then! But, nothing beats this. It was the craziest dream I had. With me being trapped in Yonghwa oppa’s body!” I laughed.

 

“I’m not kidding. There was this bright and ugly yellow booth where oppa and I met that ahjussi and then we got this bracelet called Erised or ERIS for short. It’s desire spelled backwards. It was raining and I made a wish and the next thing I knew I woke up in CNBLUE’s dorm!” 

 

I was going to show them the proof which was Eris but there was nothing on my wrist except for the identification band for patients.

 

“It was really weird and awkward you know? Being inside a man? Feeling what he felt? We can always imagine how hard it must be but to actually experience it first hand and feel it, wow. It’s just. Whew! WOW! It was uncomfortable at first but later on, with practice, I’d like to believe it was almost perfect.” I tattled.

 

By this time, my appa really did faint. My omma was torn between wanting to smack my head and helping my father up. I stood there, wondering what is it that I said for him to react the way he did. Only after a couple of seconds did it dawn on me. They must’ve thought I’ve done that “something” or whatever it is you prefer to call it, and I recalled everything I said earlier. 

 

About me being stuck in Yong oppa’s body….being inside a man…how hard it was and feeling it, when I meant was how hard it was to BE a man and NOT be INSIDE a man and oh my goguma, what have I done? Did I say something about practice makes perfect?! Can someone please bury me now?! 

 

Yoona and Sooyoung unnie were busy helping my father to a comfortable position, trying to calm him down when he momentarily regained consciousness. 

 

“I told you, it’s those byuntae fics she read!”  Hyo unnie whispered.

 

“It’s all your fault for polluting her mind!” Taeyeon unnie blamed Fany unnie.

 

“Ya, why is it my fault? I only recommended her the good ones! How should I know she’d go as far as search for the rated fics? And what’s wrong with those fics anyway? It’s not like the story revolves around those scenes. They were just added because it’s necessary or so. ” Fany unnie defended.

 

“Can y’all please stop pretending she’s still 17? She’s a grown woman just in case you forgot! It’s normal!” Sunny laughed.

 

“My daughter reads what?” My omma asked.

 

“NOTHING! Nothing…yeah…nothing…” I tried to convince my omma and sneak in a glare to my unnies. 

 

“Yeah it’s not a big deal. I mean, we caught Yong seobang sneaking out of her window…” Sica unnie clamped a hand over Yuri unnie’s mouth.

 

My face was literally on fire and I swear I won’t hesitate to burn my unnies one by one just so they could share my agony right now. What dignity is left of me? 

 

“I…” I began to explain.

 

“Yes? Any more Secret Garden ideas, Hyunnie?” Sunny unnie teased me.

 

“Yonghwa oppa. Where is he? I HAVE TO SEE HIM!” 

 

Remember those ridiculous drama hospital scenes wherein the lead anxiously pulls out the dextrose tubes or whatever contraption? Yeah, I am about to become one, except, my unnies restrained me and told me I needed rest.

 

“NO! LET ME GO! I HAVE TO TELL HIM I LOVE HIM! HE DOESN’T KNOW YET! I HAVE TO! DON’T STOP ME! PLEASE! I CAN’T WASTE ANOTHER DAY AND I HAVE TO SEE HIM RIGHT NOW! N-O-W, NOW!!!!” I shouted.

 

There was a two minute utterly unbearable and painful silence, before the room broke out in cheers.

 

“Finally! One of their thick skulls cracked! Manseeeee! Here’s to uri Seohyun for quitting her denial phase!” Yoona unnie cheered. 

 

“Long live the goguma couple!” The others chorused. 

 

“MANSEEEE!” Another one said. 

 

“I am finally relieved of those moping cries and sob stories!!!!” Hyoyeon unnie danced in joy. 

 

Really, now? They all take this opportunity to celebrate? 

 

“Where’s Yonghwa oppa?!” I demanded.

 

Once the festivity mood has died down, they all looked at each other. Why the nervous stares? No. It can’t be. It’s not possible. But they were all happy a moment ago? 

 

“Joohyun-ah…he…Yonghwa…he…he didn’t…he didn’t make it…” My father broke the silence.

 

And just like that, I wish I never woke up again.

 

 

 

“Hyung? Can you hear us?” I heard someone ask. Sounds like Minhyuk.

 

“Aigoo Minhyuk-ah. That’s not the way to wake uri hyung up.” A guy who sounds like Jungshin answered.

 

“Really? So how do we wake hyung up?” Someone with the same voice as Jonghyun asked.

 

“Like this.” The man who sounds like Jungshin cleared his throat before I felt him moving closer to my ear.

 

“YA JUNG YONGHWA YOU PABO! IREONA!!!!!!” 

 

His scream instantly jolted me awake and once my eyes no longer hurt from the sudden flash of light, I directed my angry gaze towards the still hysterically laughing man I now confirm as Lee Jungshin.

 

“What? Why are you looking at me like that?” he asked. 

 

From the corner of my eye I could see the two subtly pointing towards me. Getting the cue, Lee Jungshin looked down only to be met by my furious glare.

 

“Uh..hy-hyung! Omo. Y-you’re awake now, huh?” He stammered before continuing, “See! I told you that’s how you wake him up!”

 

Even if my body felt like it was ran down by a truck, I struggled to get up and tried my best to pull his collar before he could even go away. 

 

“Ow! Hyung! Help! I’m sorry! I didn’t really think you’d wake up!” Jungshin struggled to break from my grasp.

 

“Mwo?! You didn’t think what?!” I asked him. 

 

“Uh what I meant was, I..uh..." He stuttered. 

 

"WHAT?!!!" I said loudly. 

 

Just then, the sound of an alarm caught everyone's attention. Before what was happening, a group of people wearing white came rushing towards me.

 

"Hey! What do you think you're doing? Ya! Get your hands off of me!" I yelled.

 

"Hyung they're just checking your.." Jonghyun tried to pacify my anger. 

 

"I don't care what they're checking! Just get off of me will you?! How dare you touch a girl like this! Have you no respect?!" I demanded. 

 

Upon my demand, they withdrew and just stared at me blankly. I wrapped the sheets over me protectively. 

 

"Girl..?" 

"Respect?"

"Hyung, they're doctors and nurses. They just need to check up on you.." Jonghyun explained.

 

"Yeah but do they have to touch here..." I said angrily as I placed my hands on my chest, silently praying that Seohyun would forgive me later but then...

 

It's flat. What happened?! What have I done! 

 

"I..It's flat! Why is my chest flat?! I don't have s anymore!" I almost cried.

 

"What did he say? Did I hear it right? He...hyung..says..he doesn't have b-s...?" I heard a very confused and bewildered Minhyuk ask Jungshin who looks like he's going to pass out if he holds his laughter in for another second.

 

"Mr. Jung?" A doctor asked.

 

"You! What did you do to this body?!" I accused him.

 

"We didn't.." He began explaining. 

 

"I don't have s anymore and Seohyun's going to kill me!!!!" I panicked. 

 

"Why does he insist that he has some man-"s" and why would Seohyun have anything to do with it?! Last time I checked they weren't even talking!" Minhyuk kept asking.

 

"I knew those fanfics he read will have this kind of effect later on! Sorry Minhyuk-ah, but jinjja I can't take it. Hyung is daebak. Where's my camera?! Aish I think I left it at home! Never mind. A phone will do. I can't let this moment slip away without any video or photo coverage!" Jungshin laughed.

 

"Can you two pay attention?! Our hyung is going crazy and you're more concerned about s and photos! You byuntaes!" Jonghyun scolded. 

 

I didn't hear the rest of their conversation or pay attention to what the doctors were asking me.  I looked at my hands and realized they were calloused and bloated. Seohyun really is going to kill me! I touched my face and on my chin I felt a stubble. Everything else about my body feels weird and familiar at the same time. By now I was having an extreme anxiety attack as I roamed my hands all over my body until it reached that part under. No. Could it be?

 

I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and with trembling hands, I tried to calm myself down. When I felt that I was ready, I opened my eyes and, turned my back on everyone else, and finally, took a peek down there. I even had to touch it just to make sure I wasn't dreaming. 

 

"Please tell me he's not doing what I think and see he's doing." Jonghyun said in horror. 

 

I caught my reflection on the mirror and that's when tears rolled down my face. I turned back to the still confused crowd now joined by my parents as I kept crying and screaming and pumping my fists in the air and jumping, except I couldn't even stand with a cast on my right leg.

 

"I'm ME again! It's me! Your hyung! I'm Jung Yonghwa again!!!!" I cried happily as I lunged forward to hug the nearest person within my reach.

 

"Ewww hyung! You just touched your "thing!" How dare you place your filthy hands on my sponsored clothes?!" Jungshin tried to push me away.

 

"Don't you see? I'm me again!" I repeated.

 

"My son has gone crazy." Someone from the door said in disbelief. I craned my neck to see who it was and a smile was painted on my face the minute I saw my parents and brother.

 

"Doc, are you sure he's okay?" My father asked.

 

"Based on assessment and current lab results, he's recovering well physically. The broken leg will heal in due time. He needs enough rest, proper medication, exercise, and follow up therapy in order to avoid further complications." The consultant informed.

 

"That's good then. Thank you doctor. But what about his head? Does he suffer from any psychological trauma?" My omma asked in concern.

 

"We'll have to check on that, but so far, he has exhibited no signs or symptoms regarding that specific concern." Another figure clothed in a white coat added.

 

"What's there to check when I can tell you the truth? That I was in Busan, met an annoying gypsy thanks to that maknae standing there, wore a silver bracelet named Erised or Eris for short. It's "desire" spelled backwards. The next thing I knew, I woke up in my ex-girlfriend's body." I explained with a bored monotonous tone.

 

My omma placed a hand on her forehead and my father didn't even spare me from the judgmental and disappointed look on his face. What did I say now? It was at this moment did the doctors excused themselves out. I'm finally able to breathe a sigh of relief.

 

"I know that it sounds crazy but it's the truth. I couldn't even believe it myself! Waking up inside Seohyun's body. It's surreal and uncomfortable being in her place but after a while, I think I got used to it." I continued.

 

"Son, did you even bother to be responsible?" My appa asked with a tone of voice that I knew meant nothing but fury.

 

"Why wouldn't I be responsible? I did my best even if it's not exactly my fault why I got inside her in the first place! It's not that I don't love her anymore because I damn well still do but I never meant for it to happened. None of us did. It was like an inevitable force of magic. Us being with and as each other, literally speaking." I said defensively.

 

"Jung Yonghwa! How can you talk back to appa that way? Did you at least use protection?" My brother growled.

 

"No. Why the hell would I? What for? What good will it do with the situation? And what kind of "protection" are you talking about hyung?!" I replied irritatedly. 

 

This time, my omma fainted. Once my bandmates were done alleviating the situation and with my hyung and appa taking turns yelling at me, I raised up my arms a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter