#8: Emotions

Switched
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I try not to care as I used to,

I try not to fall for you all over again,

but every time I try, and I almost do..

I take one last look at you, 

and it comes back like it first began,

I fall right back for you.”

 

 

“I already told you that you can’t find any of it here. You can turn this room and the entire dorm upside down and you’d still come up empty handed. Such a hard headed girl.” Jungshin snickered.

 

“And I told you to stay out of this and stop creeping in on people! Geez! Why is it so hard for you to understand and respect someone else’s privacy?!” I said defensively.

 

“Whoa okay. Calm down girl. Was just trying to help.” He said, raising both arms in an act of surrender. 

 

“Yeah, well, I didn’t ask for it so get out!” I yelled.

 

I know it’s rude of me to act this way but I am very much embarrassed with being caught red-handed several times - me going through Yong oppa’s underwear drawers, looking under the bed, searching through his notes and files, sifting through every piece of clothing, and most humiliating of all was having been caught reading fanfics in between my self-imposed breaks. Oh, and not to mention, the nation’s chingu getting a sight of me hugging and crying over one of his hyung’s favorite shirt. 

 

Jungshin didn’t seem the least bit offended with my reaction, much to my relief. Instead, he just smiled that stupidly annoying yet cute boyish smile of his as he laughed his way out. 

 

“Next time, lock the door will you? That’ll at least give me a clue to respect your privacy and for your lame excuses to sound more believable when I catch you hugging hyung’s shirts or dissecting his undies or whatever. Lastly, I’d rather not really have another nightmare. Please Seohyun-ah, spare my innocence! The image of you peeing using that kitchen tong was traumatising enough.” 

 

I pushed him outside forcefully before he could go on and re-tell every single disgracing detail of that horrifying event. Once I got him out, I locked the doors and took a deep breath. Paranoia kicked in and that’s why it took me fifteen checks before I was able to convince myself that I have indeed secured the locks. 

 

Exhausted and still clueless, I plopped on the bed and stared at the ceiling. Did he really threw it all? Was he telling the truth when he said he gave it away and burned some of it? But Jungshin chingu said….

 

Aish. Never mind. Don’t hope too much, it’s what kills you in the end. Don’t be the one to aid your own murder. In the midst of my internal battle, my eyelids felt heavy until later on, I fell asleep. I woke up to the sound of my phone’s text message notification. 

 

Whether it’s by habit or what, I could feel the corners of my mouth gently lift up to form a smile. If you should ask why, that is because, a certain someone still has a special ringtone assigned just for him. Groggily, I reached out to take my phone.

 

“Still awake? Text with me pls? ;>”

 

I looked at the clocked and realized that he sent this message an hour ago. I fell asleep for that long? Should I reply? Is he still awake? But it’s getting late. What should I do? Should I? Or not? Yes? No? AISH! Without thinking much, I keyed in my reply and pressed the Send button immediately.

 

“OKAY.”

 

It wasn’t even more than ten seconds when he sent back a reply.

 

“Why r u still up at this hour?”

 

“Idk. Thinking of you, maybe? <3”

 

 

When my brain finally landed back to my skull, it is only then did I realise my mistake. Pabo, Seohyun! How could you send a text like that in your half-asleep state! He’s your ex, remember! Why are you still flirting around dangerously? So you could fall and hurt yourself all over again? 

 

As I kept scolding myself, his text came in. His haughty, overconfident reply irked me even more:

 

“I KNOW.”

 

That arrogant, handsome, charming, irritating, loveable, infuriating, choding!!! I could feel my anger rising, escalating to its highest level when I received another message:

 

“Bec. i’m thinking of u too…”

 

Arrogant? Infuriating? Choding? Who? Angry? Who, me? When?

 

“pls dont leave me just yet…stay awake for at least 10 mins. jebal.”

 

My mind and my heart were once again caught in a messy debacle, of which, I’m sure, the latter would emerge victorious. It suddenly feels like I’m devoid of making another rational or impulsive decision at once. My phone beeped with another notification.

 

“When was the last time u were reckless, Hyun?” 

 

My sanity made a miraculous comeback as I keyed in my reply:

 

“Can’t remember.”

 

Three and a half heartbeats later, he texted back.

 

“Then forget the last time & make a new memory with me.”

 

I don’t know if he’s serious or joking around, but I hope it’s the former. Testing the waters, I decided to send back a message clearly treading in the ‘safe’ zone.

 

“What do u propose, rocker boy?”

 

In the blink of an eye, his text made my heart skip a beat. 

 

“RUN AWAY WITH ME TONIGHT & NEVER LOOK BACK.”

 

If the capslock wasn’t enough to make my heart palpitate uncontrollably, then his follow-up text was the one that cast a spell on me.

 

“PLEASE.”

 

Should I? 

 

“If I had a choice, I’ll let it be forever, but I can’t do that to u so will 24 hrs with me be enough? Please…”

 

The texts continued and so did my confusion and hesitation and willingness to risk this.

 

“YES. SAY YES.”

 

No. I can’t. It’s too risky. I just can’t.

 

“YES U CAN AND U WILL. PLEASE!”

 

So he’s an imposing mind-reader now?

 

“HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO BEG FOR YOU TO SAY YES?”

 

To be honest, Yong, just once. I’m just being stubborn and you know that. 

 

“I PROMISE THIS WILL BE THE LAST.”

 

The waterworks were threatening to fall so before my mind could contest my heart, I took a deep breath and sent in a reply. Whether I’ll regret it or not, it’s all up in the air. For once, I won’t care. The seconds ticked by and still, my phone remained silent. If this was all just a prank, I swear to every root crop there is that I’ll be the one to singlehandedly orchestrate and execute Jung Yonghwa’s death. 

 

Just as I was hellbent on punishing him for his cruelty, my phone lit up. 

 

“SNSD DORM. END OF EMERGENCY EXIT. 20 MINS. NOW. NO CARDS. JUST U, PASSPORT, & CASH.”

 

Maybe I’m that desperate for him or perhaps I just feel lonely. Maybe I just miss having him around so I’m eager to be in his company. Whatever it is, the point is, I still followed his orders without question. In fact, I arrived five minutes earlier than the time frame he’s given me. Fortunately, he was already there waiting.

 

From the ground floor of the exit, I could see him struggling with something. My phone vibrated and instantly, I took the call.

 

“Is there a problem?” 

 

“Yeah. It’s all locked! I can’t..I can’t get out of here!” he said in a breathless state.

 

I tried to coach him but none of my tips undid the locks. Like a lightbulb flashing, I nervously asked him something.

 

“What day is it today?” 

 

“Friday. Look, that’s not relevant. If you want to get out of here, then help me!” He whined.

 

“FRIDAY. It’s the scheduled maintenance and routine checkup for these exits.” I stated.

 

“THEN WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL ME EARLIER?!” He screamed.

 

“I forgot, okay?! I’m sorry! Don’t even start arguing with me right now because we both know it won’t be of help….” I said, trying to remember another way out of this building.

 

“Aha! I remember! I think they keep at least one emergency exit unlocked. Perhaps the second floor? Yeah, it’s usually that.” 

 

He didn’t waste time going up the stairs until he was able to locate which floor was unlocked. Fortunately for us, it is the second floor. Bad news is, the ladder is broken and there’s no way else to go down but to hang to the railings and jump.

 

It’s not like he’s going to consider this option, right? The narcissistic and self-righteous Jung Yonghwa wouldn’t dare to jump off the second floor of a building. He wouldn’t risk such a thing especially since he’s not in his own body to begin with. 

 

“Pssst!!! Help me out here will you! Stand over there!” 

 

I looked up and was mortified. HE CANNOT BE SERIOUS. 

 

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?!” I yelled back at him, trying to tone down my voice as much as possible.

 

“Exactly what you’re thinking you cute pabo! Now help me up and make sure to catch me if I fall, ahrasseo?” He said bossily.

 

“JUNG YONGHWA!!! You’re going to get me injured!” I protested.

 

“NO. YOU are the one going to get YOURSELF injured if you don’t make a move when I let go of my grip.” He said confidently.

 

I didn’t believe him at first until he really did let go of one hand. If we weren’t public figures, I would’ve screamed for help. I’d say, image be damned but I couldn’t as I rushed towards where he almost fell. Just in the nick of time, I was able to catch him in my arms.

 

“Thanks for catching me when I fell.” He winked. I didn’t miss the hidden innuendo in that seemingly harmless joke.

 

I put him down carefully (duh, it’s still my body we’re talking about here!), and once a quick inspection was done, I grabbed him by the hand and dragged him to the parking lot.

 

“Excited to elope with me that much?” He teased.

 

“Oh yeah. I can’t freaking wait!” I grumbled sarcastically. I can’t believe he really did jump off the building and let me catch him. He’s impossible!

 

He chuckled and ignored my murmuring rants as he drove us to the airport.

 

 

“So? Where exactly are you taking me?” I heard her ask. 

 

“Some place safe.” I answered with the attempt to annoy her further.

 

“And that is where, exactly? Do give me a clue so I’d have something to write in my suicide note.” She commented.

 

“In my heart.”

 

She scoffed at my cheesiness and resigned to the fact that I really won’t say a word about where we’re headed. She’s bound to find out in a few minutes anyway once the captain announces the details of this flight.

 

I’m not surprised that she didn’t ask me how I’m able to pull off this trip in such a short amount of time. This isn’t the first time we sneaked out of the country but this would be the first doing so in a reversed situation. We had quite an argument rehearsing how she would be the one doing all the talk (given that she is literally in my body) as I coached her from afar. 

 

We tried, and it didn’t work until we just threw all caution in the air and told my partners in crime that we’re off to get married in secret. Did they buy such crap? Of course they did. I wasn’t even halfway through the made up and impromptu story when they handed out our plane tickets and hotel reservations. They were practically wiping tears in their eyes from being touched by such a sob story.

 

It was late by the time we landed in Maldives. She was practically running to bed when I scooped her up in my arms. The problem is, I forgot that I’m her and she’s, uh, me. When I tried to sweep her off her feet, I fell face flat on the ground instead and that resulted to her shrieking in panic as she inspected the collateral damage I may have caused on her delicate and beautiful face.

 

“How could you be so clumsy you jerk!!!! That’s my face!!!” Hyun yelled.

 

“Ouch! I think I broke your nose!” I held it between my hands and faked a pained expression.

 

Immediately, she rushed over to me and started to babble nonsense. She’s on the verge of having a heart attack when I took her hands in mine and smiled while revealing it was all just a joke.

 

“ARGH! I hate you! I hate you!” Hyun wanted to punch me in the gut but since well, it is her body, she decided to just murder the helpless cushion nearby.

 

Once she calmed down, I held her (or my) face and slightly forced her to look at me in the eye. I’m so handsome, my nose looks so on point, and aish! Jung Yonghwa!!!

 

“No you don’t. In fact, I think you still love me.” I smirked.

 

“SCREW OFF.” she pushed me away harshly and I felt the effect in full force. 

 

“You know that I don’t trust you, so don’t you dare do any funny bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter