#2: The Swap

Switched
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Wake up sleepyhead…” I could hear a gentle female voice coax me into opening my eyes.

 

A gentle female voice…? Could it be? Did I? Andwae. It can’t be. Ottoke? Did I just….have a one-night stand? I don’t remember being drunk enough to do something! Was I drugged?!

 

Please….jebal…to the higher power up there or wherever, I beg of you….please make a miracle and at least let it be her. Please let it be Hyun. I promise to take responsibility. I’ll never utter a stupid joke. I’ll reduce my intake of junk foods. I won’t go out late at night. I’ll sacrifice every cup of coffee for a lifetime, just please let it be her!

 

“Sssshhh! Don’t wake her up yet! We still couldn’t find it!” a hushed voice scolded.

 

“But it’s almost noontime! We have an event to attend to!” another one hissed.

 

“Ya! Palli! Go find it! It must be under her pillows or in that bedside table.” Someone dictated.

 

“It’s not every day we get to catch our baby princess maknae in a deep state of slumber so take this opportunity and get that damn phone!” a fourth female voice interrupted.

 

If Lee Jungshin sneaked in some of his groupies, I swear I will choke him to death. How could he let these crazies take advantage of me? Unless he was drugged or gagged then I don’t know how I will ever let him out of my sight unscathed. But wait…what did these refer to me as? Baby….baby princess? What the f?
 

I tried to be as still as possible but when you’ve got a couple pair of hands sneaking from underneath the covers, it is quite difficult to keep up with the charade. The more I tried to keep myself calm, the more anxious I get. In fact, I could even hear the voices multiply as the seconds tick. Whatever they put into my drink must’ve been a strong one. I should dial my lawyer and have these people arrested. Fan or sasaeng. Underaged or legal. Heck, I won’t even hesitate to pinpoint Lee Jungshin as a prime suspect should it be proven that he’s got a hand in this mess.

 

“Sssh! Try not to make as much noise as possible! She’s almost waking up!” someone scolded again.

 

“I can’t find that damned phone!!!” someone cried.

 

“What are you ladies up to so early in the morning?” another girl entered. Just how many are they?!

 

“Ssssh! We’re trying to look for maknae’s phone. We want to check her browsing history and bookmarks to see which fanfic she follows.” Someone explained.

 

“I’ve had enough of this! We need to wake her up ASAP. There’s not much time left before we leave. Knowing maknae, she’ll throw a tantrum fit if we don’t give her the hour-long preparation rituals she religiously follows.” The voice sounds familiar. Could it be Tiffany?

 

“SEOHYUN-AH!!!!!” If I’m not mistaken, that’s Yoona’s voice booming across the room.

 

I’m in SNSD’s dorm? Seo…what? Seo…hyun…? Seo Joohyun? Hyun is the one sleeping beside me? It’s her? HALLELUJAH!!!!!!MANSEEEE!!! Thank you God! Thank you!

 

“YAH! Seo Joohyun ireona!” Taeyeon screamed as she hit ME with a pillow. Why the heck would she hit me?!

 

I would’ve continued basking in this euphoric state upon the miracle that it is Hyun beside me but with four or seven other girls trying to tickle you and physically assault you with violent hits, I’ve had enough. I pushed them away and threw a pillow at them to keep the distance.

 

“YAH!!!! KIM TAEYEON!” I yelled.

 

The entire room which was once filled with deafening girly cheers suddenly erupted in complete and total silence. I could feel myself breaking into a nervous wreck as I looked at their frozen expressionless faces one by one.

 

“Why? Cat got your tongues? Ya. Say something! If you’re going to wake someone up then at least be responsible enough to explain yourselves!” I taunted.

 

“Uri maknae just spoke and yelled at me….” Taeyeon said unbelievingly. Where is this maknae she speaks of? Why can’t I see her yet?

 

“In banmal….” Tiffany and Sooyoung finished her sentence.

 

They were caught in a state of shock and confusion and so am I. What in the world is going on? Where’s Hyun? Why are they all looking at me like that?

 

“What the is going on in here?! Where’s Joohyun?! Why aren’t you girls saying anything?! Have I done something wrong?! Yah! Tell me!” I screamed in frustration.

 

The room was filled with collective gasps of horror. I belatedly recognized that I belonged to that crowd too. I scolded myself for even using profanity without much thinking. They kept exchanging these scared and bewildered looks that I find myself looking from one to another. What the hell is going on? Their eyes were nearly popping out of its sockets and pretty soon, this room will be filled with either shrieks of anger or I don’t know. Anything else but laughter.

 

How to get out of an awkward situation? How do I begin to explain myself when I don’t even know how I got here in the first place? What would you do if your future wife’s sisters caught you in bed with her regardless if anything happened or not?

 

I looked at my hands and what the….?! Who painted my nails pink with these stupid flowery patterns?! Aish! SEO JOOHYUN!!!!! I told her countless times already how I detested Hongki whenever he did this to me while I was asleep. Granted, Hyun found it cute to dress me up as a girl every now and then, and of course, I’d do anything just to make her smile, but what the hell. Now is not the right time! We have a live performance on public broadcast later on! How could I take this off without leaving a trace?!

 

I hid my hands behind my back and looked at the still frozen crowd menacingly. I tried my best to decipher which one of them could’ve been the accomplice to the culprit.

 

“Yah! What are you still doing standing there?!” I asked, trying not to stutter midway. When no one answered, I started to frantically search under the covers and the bed itself, looking for a girl named Seohyun.

 

“Where is she?! Where’s Hyun?!” I demanded, half wondering how in the world did my voice come out sounding so soft, feminine, and high-pitched. I could see them elbowing each other as they started to take backward steps toward the exit.

 

“W-who?” Sunny asked bravely.

 

“You know who. Your maknae. The girl who owns my forever. Seo Joohyun.” I stated as a matter-of-fact, a grin forming on my face. I braced myself for the onslaught of squeals, curled hands, and disgusted remarks regarding that cheesy declaration, but to my confusion, there was none. No one moved, let alone blink. Even breathing felt like a forbidden task.

 

The stupor didn’t last long as they huddled themselves and started whispering.

 

“What’s wrong with her?”

“I don’t know. Hyoyeon-ah, what did you do?”

“I didn’t do anything! She was perfectly fine when we arrived last night. In fact, she’s the one who dragged me back here to Seoul!”

‘Then why is she acting all weird?”

“Could it be…?”

“Aniya. Drugs couldn’t be it. Maybe she’s just sleep-deprived.”

“Or Jung Yonghwa deprived.”

“The latter seems like the more plausible excuse.”

 

They kept whispering to themselves and I’m left here wondering. Why does my voice sound like this? Why do I feel so light? How come my body feels weird and unfamiliar all of a sudden? Why are my nails pink? Since when did I dye my hair into the same shade of orange as that of Hyun’s? How did I end up here? Most important of all, where the hell is Seo Joohyun?!

 

“Seohyun-ah! How come you’re still not dressed?! We have to leave in less than an hour! Palli! As for the  rest of you girls, shouldn’t you all be preparing for your own schedules too? Off you go now!” Sho-sho noona said as she sent the rest of the entourage to conduct their own business.

 

“Well? What are you staring at Hyunnie? We haven’t got all day. Your schedule is packed and first in the list would be TTS’s fanmeeting. Get yourself in the shower. Yah! Don’t even think about it! Your aegyo won’t work on me this time. You can’t be late. Now, hurry up! In fifteen minutes I want all three of you, Taeyeon, Tiffany, and Seohyun in the living room.”

 

She closed the door and I am still left awestruck with confusion. I could feel my heart pick up its pace and begin this race as I placed my hands on my chest, a simple attempt to somehow calm it. Wait. Since when did I…? What the…? I have…I have..? When did this? H-how..? What?! Aish! Why can’t I say it out loud?!

 

For the first time since I woke up, reality was starting to dawn in on me. I slapped my face and tried to convince myself that all is just a dream. Nervously, I looked at what I wore and I don’t know if I should laugh or cry. I’m wearing Seohyun’s favorite pajamas. I could feel my heart pound wildly and beads of sweat uncontrollably trickling down my forehead. I took several deep breaths in order to prevent any sort of a panic attack as I slowly turned my head to look at the mirror.

 

No ing way. This cannot be happening. I must be crazy. Insane. Delusional. Delirious. Stupid. Highly imaginative. Out of my mind. I’m probably drugged or poisoned or else there’s no way something like this could ever happen in real life. Such crap exists only on those makjang dramas!!!!

 

I closed my eyes and forced myself to take slow, deep breaths. With each effort, I feel like my breathing became even more labored than relaxed. Calm down, Jung Yonghwa-sshi. Calm down. You just missed her too much that’s why you’re imagining things. Absence makes the heart grow fonder right? Or weirder? Aish. Mwolla. On the count of three, all of these would disappear and you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter