#4: SOS

Switched
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Well?! Are the two of you just going to stand there and watch? Help me out here, will you?!" I yelled. Still, none of them made a move; and here I thought the guys of CNBLUE were gentlemen.

"Ugh! Oppa! Help me please! I'm sure you are very much aware that my Hyoyeon unnie here is completely unconscious. She's breathing normally and has a steady pulse so there's no need to call an ambulance. It must've been just the shock of this, this  "situation" that we're in. You shouldn't have told her we swapped bodies!" I nagged at Yong oppa.

It still feels odd to hear my voice as that of a man's and highly unimaginable that I act the way as I always do while being in his body. Seriously, this thing is more confusing I can't even keep up. 

"Me? Why am I to blame? You're the one who called her 'unnie' first!" He answered back. Finally, a long-awaited response!

"Wow. Nice to know you still have a functioning brain and mouth, or should I say, mine. Now will you check if your, or my, arms are intact too because I can't carry her on my own." I said snobbishly.

Ever since the entire switch, we've argued more times than we ever did since we met (either as strangers, acquaitances, friends, virtual spouses, ex, etc), and mind you, it's not the typical shy argument. It's a full-blown debate equipped with all the sass, sarcasm, and what not. Times have changed and so did the two us, literally and figuratively.

"Just in case you forgot Seo Joohyun-sshi, you are in my body, which means that between the two of us right now, you're the one who possesses a greater amount of physical strength that's enough to deal with Kim Hyoyeon's weight." He rolled his eyes and put a hand on his hip, obviously trying to annoy me even more by  copying my gestures.

I never realized how much of a I looked whenever I do that. No wonder Yong oppa cowers easily. I made a mental note to keep this in mind as a future reference. You never know when it might come in handy. Now, where were we? Right. With this stubborn oppa of mine refusing to lend a helping hand.

"You are such a difficult namja!" I screamed as I hollered Hyo unnie towards the bed. SNSD's dancing machine is still drifting to dreamland. From experience, I am certain it'll take just a few minutes, an hour tops, for her to regain her senses back. 

"Lock the door Shin-ah and take a seat. We need to tell you something." Yong oppa ordered his maknae. 

Speechless and appalled, Jungshin chingu just did what he was told. He resumed his earlier position, observing us through keen eyes, and still, not a word came out of his mouth. 

"I can't do this anymore, Hyun. I swear, I think I'm going to fall off the stage if they make me dance in heels again!" Yong oppa grumbled.

"So do I. I'd rather take the heels than the guitar. Solo performances, I can do, but I'm not fit to be in a band, at least not yet, because all I ever do is to mess everything up!" I admitted.

"You still did a pretty good job pretending to be me than I you." He muttered.

I could sense a teeny bit of gratefulness in there but the feeling borders more on his embarassment at that admission. He shouldn't have said that because now, I am reminded of all those articles calling me a slacker and accusing me of purposely doing so in order to be 'kicked out.'

"Until this situation is resolved, you need to start stepping up your game and do your best to be me. We can't always meet so you can't always teach me how to work with your songs or so and I'm going to need Jungshin chingu's help. Same as you. We need Hyo unnie to teach you the rest of SNSD's dances so you'd sync well with the group choreography, not just prance about in stage like a fish taken out of the water. Since Hyo unnie is still dead to the world as of this moment, we don't have much time to waste so I'll teach you the dances myself. First would be PARTY. This is a pretty easy song." I said in one breath.

Jungshin chingu remained useless by being a statue in the corner, observing us as if we were some experiment gone wrong. Yong oppa sat down as if he didn't just hear a single word I said. Aish. Guys. Really. And here they all claim that women are difficult. I pulled him up to his feet (pros of being in Jung Yonghwa's body is I can drag my own without exerting a lot of effort) and forced him to follow after me.

"Do we really need to do this?! I memorized your lines already. Shouldn't that be enough? I can just pretend to be lame or something and just stand while the rest of your unnies dance in the background." He grumbled amidst his petty and unacceptable bargains.

"What you just said is an insult to my professionalism." I raised an eyebrow and stuck my chin up in the air.

From the corner of my eye, I caught a glimpse of my reflection in the mirror and I held myself back from laughing because such pose does nothing but ruin Jung Yonghwa's manly stance. Yong oppa was torn between disgust (over having to see himself look that way) and fear (of my wrath which I am determined to unleash) so before anything else could be argued upon, he grudgingly began dancing to the song. 

As I said, PARTY isn't much of a challenge. The key to this song is just pure fun. It didn't take long for Yong oppa to achieve an acceptable form of mastery of the song but when it came to others, namely Check, as well as our old songs, that's when havoc started to let lose in CNBLUE's dorm.

"How many times do I have to tell you oppa, not to look as if your grinding my body like that, but to move with grace and fluidity?! You're making the dance look cheap instead of sophisticated!" I screamed, fed up with the countless times I taught him how to do a body wave.

"And please stop winking and opening your mouth like that. It's so not me!" I added.

"I've been trying to do this Hyun and I swear I feel like I'm going to break your hips if you ask me to do that stupid step again! Aish! And what do you mean by those gestures not being you?! Ever since you could wink you kept doing it onstage! I hate you for that by the way!" He argued.

"Why would you hate me for that?! I don't even have to explain to you that it's all fanservice!" I fought back.

We used to argue less about this when we were together so I'm quite taken aback why we're so much more affected with this, now that we've gone our separate ways. Perhaps the security of us no longer being together does the trick. Screw these emotions.

"Aish. Fine. Fanservice as you say. Let's just skip this song and teach me Mr. Mr. instead." He replied.

"No. You've done a decent job with that already. We have to focus on you repairing the damage you've done with that performance of "Whisper."" I ordered.

"Oh for the love of Americanos just let that go, Hyun! Jebal! Am I not allowed a pass for that? It was the first day when we switched bodies! You're the one who needs to undo the almost career-ending performance of I'm A Loner!" He shouted. 

"I've done enough so far compared to you!" I said. 

"OKAY OKAY! AISH. I get it." He said defeatedly as he sulked in one corner.

I would've been irritated with his childish attitude but seeing myself pout and sulk like that is a sight to behold. Omo, how can I be so cute? Am I falling in love with myself? Since when I become such a narcissistic person? Vain, yes, but narcissistic? Yong oppa's confidence is rubbing in on me. At least now I know why he's so quick to come to my rescue and coo me with his sweet words whenever a disagreement occurs. Seo Joohyun is highly irresistible. Thank you omma and appa for your genes.

"Done oggling at yourself? I know you know that you're pretty and cute, and beautiful and charming, and I hate it that I have to look in the mirror to see it again but ya! We need to focus okay, and stop staring at ourselves!"

He got up, took a phone and played a song which I later recognized as Catch Me If You Can. He started dancing to it and I couldn't decide if I looked sluggish or a tryhard. I sighed and smiled as I went over to him and taught him the proper moves. Midway through our practice, somebody cut the music. Obviously, our eyes went straight to the culprit. Jungshin chingu finally woke up from his trance. Manse!

"Look, whatever it is the two of you are up to, if you're goal is to mess with my head, then you've succeeded. Go on, laugh now!" He said.

Yong oppa and I were more than confused. It is our turn to pretend like statues. What does the nation's chingu want?

"YA! Please! Just end this stupid charade of yours and tell me what in the world is going on. Are you two back together? Are you two still bitter exes? Will you finally tell us why you broke up? YA! Hyung! Stop! Jebal! If I see you try to shake your to any So Nyuh Shi Dae song one more time I'm going to have to call manager hyung and tell him to lock you up until you're finally you again!" He said, frustration evident in his voice. 

"Jungshin chingu..." I started.

"AND STOP CALLING ME JUNGSHIN CHINGU! ONLY SEOHYUN OR SNSD NOONAS CAN CALL ME THAT!" He screamed.

"BUT I AM SEOHYUN!" I cried out.

"NO YOU'RE NOT! YOU'RE JUNG YONGHWA! YOU'RE MY HYUNG!" He said, not sure if he was convincing me or himself.

"Uh, Shin-ah, as much as this is messing up with my head, and regardless of what you think, but, I'm your hyung. Yep, this namja right here." Yong oppa said as he tried his best to deepen my voice and act like a man. 

"YOU'RE NOT A NAMJA, SEOHYUN-AH. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!" He yelled.

"What's wrong with me is I'm stuck in Jung Yonghwa's body." I chimed.

Before Jungshin chingu could try and refute my statement once again, Hyo unnie finally woke up and started rubbing her eyes to reality. Or insanity, if I should say.

"What did I miss?" she asked groggily.

"UNNIE! Thank heavens you're okay!" I rushed over to her. She's obviously spooked out as she hit my head with her shoe.

"OW! UNNIE! That hurts! I was just trying to be nice and check if you're okay!" I said, massaging the area she hit on my head.

Yong oppa immediately rushed to my side with a cold can of iced coffee. I looked at him and he just shrugged while whispering,

 

"A scar on my cheek is enough. I don't want to have a recognizable bump in my head."

 

"UNNIE?! YA! How dare you Jung Yonghwa! Who the f are you calling your 'unnie?!'" Hyoyeon unnie shrieked.

"BUT UNNIE, it's me! SEOHYUN! I'm your maknae!" I cried, my arms reaching out to her. She kept backing away from me and I felt hurt by the rejection.

"She's my maknae!" She replied as she pulled Yong oppa to her side.

I never felt jealous of my own unnie taking the side of Yong oppa just because he happened to inhabit my body. I pulled Yong oppa away and tried to go to her again. Once more, I met with her shoe instead.

"I'm your maknae, unnie! It's me! I'm Seohyun!" I tried to convince her. Yong oppa was just casually whistling and I looked at him to ask for some moral support.

"Yep, she's right. She's your maknae. I'm Jung Yonghwa." He said as a matter-of-fact. Jungshin chingu and Hyoyeon unnie shared a look before giving out a fake boisterous laugh and have their expressions turn serious again.

"Jung Yonghwa, Seo Joohyun, if you plan on just toying around with my healthy state of mind before breaking the news that you got back together for real, then okay fine. Whatever. Can you just laugh now and say it's all a prank because these choding shenanigans of the Yongseo Couple are getting old. You two? Switched bodies? As in like you've gotten your souls swapped or something? Psh. Yeah right. As if that's possible." She huffed.

"She's not kidding, and weren't you listening before you fainted, Kim Hyoyeon-sshi? I remember mentioning to you that Hyun and I woke up having our bodies switched." Yong oppa said.

"Shin-ah, these two pabos dare tell us that they swapped bodies? Hahahahaha!" Hyo unnie laughed sarcastically. Jungshin chingu is lost in however he'd react. 

"UNNIE! PLEASE! I know it's difficult to believe but you have to!" I begged.

"If you call me unnie one more time Jung Yonghwa-sshi, I swear I will rip the head off your precious Simpson doll. Starting with dear 'ol Bart right here." She threatened as she took the helpless doll in her hands. 

"HEY! Don't bring my Simpsons into this!" Yong oppa said, trying to snatch the doll away unsuccessfully. 

"Hyunnie. You hate the Simpsons. You're in love with Keroro, have you forgotten?" She said. 

"You hate the Simpsons?"  Yong oppa asked me. I feel so guilty having been caught with my lie.

"DUH. You wouldn't stop ranting about those marathons you often had with this nampyeon of yours right here. You told me you'd rather watch Barney or Spongebob instead." Hyoyeon unnie revealed, oblivious to the fact that Yong oppa was now looking at me like I just committed a crime.

"You do? Then why didn't you tell me? We could've just watched the Pirates movie if you hated the Simpsons so much!" Yong oppa said.

"Ha, goodluck with that Seohyun-ah. Hyung wouldn't tell you but he secretly bought a voodoo doll, called it Jack Sparrow and hated that one so much because he couldn't get all your attention whenever Johnny Depp was onscreen. He loathes those Pirates movies to death. No kidding." Jungshin chingu said.

"You do? Then why didn't you tell me?" I asked Yong oppa back.

"You two are confusing me. Aren't you done with the act just yet?" Hyoyeon unnie wondered.

"IT'S NOT AN ACT!" Yong oppa and I answered in chorus.

"WHOA. OKAY. CALM DOWN FOLKS. CHILL. Just asking a question." She said, with both arms raised up.

It is at this crucial timing did I feel this unwelcome urge to go to the toilet again. Kill me now. Hello, whoever it is responsible for this mishap! Now would be the perfect time to undo the switch! HELP!

"What's wrong? Are you okay? What are you feeling? Is my body fine? Am I going to die?! Answer me, Hyun!" Yong oppa started to panic.

"Hey, Hyunnie. Why are you so interested in Yong seobang's body? I knew it! It's those byuntae fics you've read! This is the end result!" Hyo unnie joked around. Aish. This unnie and her capability to be dense when it comes to emergency situations such as the one we're in right now.

"Noona, if we're talking about byuntae fics then Yonghwa hyung's got a tablet full of them. He bought a separate phone or was it an iPad, for that? I saw his bookmarks once!" Jungshin chingu laughed.

I would've prodded on this fanfic issue but my secret will be exposed too and right now, my (or Yong oppa's) bladder is going to burst I need to deal with this ASAP!

"OPPA! HELP! I don't know how to do this!" 

"I taught you already!" he said.

"ARGH! Get out of my way!" I said as I dashed my way inside the bathroom. Good thing Yong oppa has his own toilet in this new dorm, unlike the temporary one we were tasked to stay where Jungshin chingu walked in on me with that kitchen tong.

"WHAT THE..? WHAT ARE YOU PLANNING ON DOING WITH THAT!" Yong oppa screamed as he saw the kitchen tong in my hand.

"AAAAAAHHHHHHH!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?! YOU BYUNTAE! GET OUT! CLOSE YOUR EYES!" 

"WHY WOULD I CLOSE MY EYES I KNOW WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE ANYWAY!"

"IT'S NOT YOUR EYES BUT MINE! I DON'T WANT TO TARNISH MY INNOCENCE!"

"Uh, what is going on in here? Who's going to tarnish whose innocence?" Hyo unnie said as she approached the bathroom.

"Why are all of you gathering there?" Jungshin chingu followed. 

Damn it! I need to take care of this bladder business but these people won't let me! I immediately pulled up my pants and before Jungshin chingu or Hyo unnie could witness such obscenity, Yong oppa and I yelled a unanimous,

"GET OUT!!!!"

Yong oppa clicked the locks in place before the intruders could successfully break in. I ped my pants again and prepared myself for the inevitable. I don't think I'll ever get used to this. Ever since the swap, I think I might have developed a phobia for the toilet. I held the kitchen tong in one hand (I sterilized this okay so there's no need for Yong oppa to fret over my usage of it) and closed my eyes in preparation. 

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!" I heard him scream at me.

Why now oppa! Why can't he just let me urinate in peace?! I opened my eyes and met his angry stare with mine.

"If closing my eyes is too hard of a task for you then just turn the other way around and give me some privacy." I demanded.

"What privacy are you talking about? It's my personal property you're attempting to injure right there with that, that, thing! Is that a kitchen tong?! What the hell, Hyun?!" He accused.

"So far this tactic worked better than your erted suggestions and your junk hasn't been injured so for the love of gogumas, PLEASE OPPA! Please just turn around and let me pee!!!!" I squealed in anger. 

"Can you stop calling it as a "junk!" It has a name!" He shouted.

ARGH! This oppa will be the one giving me bladder problems the more he tries to delay this!

"I'll call it whatever I want to call it! FYI, I don't give a damn what you named your thingy as!" I turned my back on him.

I can't take this any longer. I'll just pretend I never saw anything. I'm an actress, right? I'll just think of this as a part of a drama or whatever. 

"This isn't going to work this way." He said as I felt him behind my back and positioned his arms in a manner that would be so...uh....inappropriate?

"What do you think you're doing?!" I asked him back.

"Demonstrating to you how to pee like a man. Now all of you have to do is stand with your feet apart, not so wide and then you hold it like this..."

Before he could attempt to touch anything, I slapped his hand away and tried to push him farther. It didn't work. Just because Jung Yonghwa is in my body doesn't mean he is as soft and yielding like I was.

"How dare you! Teaching me how to pee like a man by letting my hand touch your junk?! BYUNTAE!" 

"How many times do I have to tell you not to refer to it as a 'junk?!' It has feelings you know and you're hurting it by calling it trash." Yong oppa whined.

Feelings? He's telling me that his thingy has feelings? What the...? Should I laugh or do I cry?

"ERT!" I screamed instead.

"You're the only one having these dirty thoughts Seo Joohyun-sshi! I'm being strictly professional here. If you don't want your precious hands touching anything you deem as "private" then go touch it yourself with my hands!" He shouted.

He suggests what? That I hold his, his thing and ugh I can't even. Oh dear. I just can't. This isn't how I imagined, not that I imagined anything, but oh my unnie please, help! Wait. I don't need their help with this thing. Aish! Whatever!

"Hyun, if you hold it a minute longer you're going to compromise my healthy bladder! Stop being stubborn and let's get this over with!" 

I didn't even get to respond or react quickly as he repositioned himself behind me and guided me to just take care of this business. I never thought that peeing would make me cry like a baby. It was at the moment when I'm pulling up my pants and oppa washing my hands did the door burst open again. This is why I told Yong oppa not to undo the locks until everything else looked decent.

Hyo unnie's face was drained with color and so was Jungshin chingu. 

"Unnie..." I called out.

"YOU! What have you done! How dare you! How could you?! What the hell Yonghwa?! You knew I was just right outside the door!" Hyo unnie said as she pulled my hair out in anger. 

"OUCH! UNNIE! No! It's me, Seohyun! Let me go! It's not what you think! I can explain! Please!" I begged. I wasn't even done zipping my pants.

"How many times do I have to tell you Jung Yonghwa that I am NOT your unnie and NEVER will be! Only Hyunnie is my baby! Not you!" She yelled.

"BUT I AM HER!" 

Jungshin chingu finally decided to be useful and get Hyo unnie away from me. 

"This is...worst than discovering that you hyung, reads fanfics." He said, looking at me as if I'm guilty of something so scandalous. 

"LEE JUNGSHIN!" Yong oppa screamed.

"What? You here to admit that you read fanfics too, Seohyun-ah? Were you the one to influence him?!" Jungshin accused.

"I did not influence anyone into reading whatever. There's nothing wrong with reading a well-thought out and written story, be it a novel or fanfic!" I defended.

"Hyung, just shut up." He answered.

"YA! You jashik! How dare you order me to shut up!" Yong oppa said. This is getting more confusing and complicated.

"I wasn't even talking to you Seohyun-ah!" Jungshin replied.

"Yes you were! I told you I'm Yonghwa!" This isn't helping anything or anyone at all. 

"You know what? You two save it. I can't take any more of this craziness. Let's go Hyunnie. We'll deal with this later." Hyo unnie said as she took Yong oppa by the hand and dragged him out the door. 

"BUT UNNIE! You can't leave me here! Take me with you!" I almost cried. Hyo unnie looked back at me with disgust and confusion while threatening,

"JUNG YONGHWA. FOR THE LAST TIME. I.AM.NOT.YOUR.UNNIE!" 

The door closed with a bang and that's when the tears fell down. If there's one of my SNSD unnies who would be sane (or crazy) enough to accept this situation and help me get out of it, that's none other than Hyo unnie. I have to do whatever it takes to get her to believe me. 

 

"Hyunnie, are you still mad at me? Unnie is sorry, okay? Please. Please talk to me!" Kim Hyoyeon said as she keeps trying to hug me. Why are women so clingy? It's suffocating. Hyun is an exemption of course, but she wasn't th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter