I Need You...

Growing Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Many months passed until something worth remembering happened again. It was a couple of months after our first anniversary as a group and our little maknae was about to have his second birthday with us, and he was officially a major of age. As his birthday party, we planned a surprise party which would include alcohol for the first time, as we never let ourselves drink in front of the minor so he wouldn’t feel left out. I was really nervous as to how it would come out, knowing the kid had never been drunk in his life, nor has ever tasted a drop of alcohol. I was curious as to how would he act when drunk but also scared at the thought of me being drunk around him. Nevertheless, the plan moved ahead and at evening, all of us were hidden in a dark room waiting for Jungkook to enter, guided by our manager.

Soon enough, we heard the voices of the two people and their steps and, holding in our breath, waited for the lights to get for us to jump.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAAAAAAAAAY!” We all yelled at unison and threw some streamers in the air. The younger’s face suddenly lit up and he smiled wider than ever before and my heart raced faster.

“H-hyungs, wow, you shouldn’t have…” He couldn’t stop smiling and I ran up to him, the others following.

“Well, we did! It’s our little boy’s birthday! We love you so much” I said as I grabbed his hips and pulled him in for a hug, and he accepted the hug and hugged me back. I smelled his scent on his neck and I breathed in hard. I felt his face being buried in my neck and suddenly felt something wet. Was he crying…?
“Hey, hey, are you crying?” I pulled out from the hug to look at his face and see him smiling from ear to ear, tears streaming down his face.

“Aw, he’s crying!” Hoseok yelled behind me and we all gathered in a group hug. It was amazing seeing Jungkook so happy, and I hugged him tighter than ever.

“Thank you guys, I-I really don’t know what to say” The younger said loud enough for everyone to hear.

“There’s no time for thanking us just yet, we haven’t even started!” Jin shouted and went running to the other end of the room as he grabbed all the presents we had bought for him. “Here, sit and open them, hurry!”

He opened all our presents and, as some of them included letters, that he promised he would read later, he went through them quite fast, my present being the last one. I had bought him a buttoned shirt in red and black that I thought would fit him quite well, since those are his favorite colors; along with a chocolate bar and a lot of candy. Also, I had stuck a red rose in the shirt’s pocket. I had written a letter too, but didn’t think it was time yet for him to read it, so I kept it in my room. He said he really liked the present as he engulfed the chocolate bar, not sharing to anyone. When he realized that, he took a piece and ordered me to open my mouth as he slowly left the piece of chocolate over my tongue. This kid…

After the presents stuff, the manager told us to try and keep the place in order and left the whole room for us to party that night. We started off with pizza, and then Jin brought the cake, which was made by all of us, so it wasn’t really appealing at sight, but was delicious nonetheless. We ate like there was no tomorrow and after some time of talking and laughing, Jimin caught our attention.

“Please, gals, listen to me” He said hitting a cup with a spoon until we all shut up. “This will be our first time drinking alcohol with our not so little maknae, please let’s have a good time and be careful on how much you drink, we don’t want anyone passing out or puking” The over-protective one spoke up firmly.

“Yeah yeah, just bring the drinks!” Yoongi shouted and Jimin obeyed. We had beer for starters, a couple of already mixed cocktails, vodka and different types of juices to mix, whisky and some liquors. This was going to be a blast.

“Pass me the vodka” Said Jungkook and I looked at him terrified.

“No, start with something lighter, Kookie” I ordered him

“I wanna get wasted, Tae. Please, just this once, it’s my birthday” He looked at me with puppy eyes.

“And it’s also your first time drinking. I don’t want anything bad happening

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter