Is It Right?

Growing Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

About three days passed until Jungkook started to act a bit more freely and open up to us. The change was a little too sudden, and it made me think that Jimin talked to him in the dorm to make him feel more secure with us all. Whatever it was, I really liked this new attitude and thinking it would only get better got me really excited. It started at lunch, we were talking about our first single and suddenly he spoke up, with a really confident, loud voice.

“I really want to release this now and have a concert, that thought keeps me going everyday and I’m really really excited to have our first ever mv” He said smiling.

“Oh wow, he can talk!” Namjoon joked.

“The cat didn’t eat your tongue then? So glad to know that” Hoseok continued Namjoon’s joke.

“H-hey, I had already talked before, that I didn’t do that much doesn’t mean anything…” He was suddenly a bit taken aback and it angered me a little.

“Stop bothering him, it’s really a good sign that he’s opening up to us, don’t make jokes about that” After saying this, I looked towards the maknae and saw him blush a little bit.

“We know, we know, sorry if that bothered you, kid” Namjoon apologized and I felt a lot better.

“It’s okay, thanks anyways hyung” he said to me. My heart raced a bit faster at his words.

“Gotcha back” I smiled, and he smiled back.

“Aw look at the boyfriends” Yoongi suddenly said, looking at me, then at Jungkook.

“What?” I almost yelled and both Jungkook and I blushed hard immediately.

“We’re not…th-that…” Jungkook said defensively but it came out quite weak.

“Just messing with you guys, don’t take it so seriously. I make jokes about 90% of the time so get used to that” Yoongi responded and Kookie and I looked at each other awkwardly. The lunch resumed and ended quite normally, with nothing else other than me looking at Jungkook half the time, and sometimes he’d look at me but look away the second we made eye contact. He’s so cute. After lunch we had a reunion with the choreographer and he started teaching us a bit of b-boying and then a little bit of our first choreography.

After two hours of intensive dancing and sweat, we concluded it was about time for us to shower and rest, we were completely wrecked. I found out that Jungkook is really really good at dancing, while the worst dancers are Namjoon and Seokjin, followed by Yoongi and I, and the top dancers being Jimin, Hoseok and Kookie. I’m starting to wonder if there’s anything the young boy can’t do right. There were four places to shower in the whole building, one being in the first floor, another one in the second floor, another in the sixth floor, and the last one in the tenth floor, so again we had to divide in groups to take showers.

The groups were decided as Namjoon and I in the first floor, Jungkook alone in the second floor, Yoongi and Hoseok in the sixth floor and Jimin and Jin in the tenth floor. Being there only one shower in each floor, one person in each group would be left to wait while the first one takes a shower. Namjoon decided to shower first, Yoongi and Jin, leaving Hoseok, Jimin and I to wait. We decided to go to the fifth floor so we’d be in the middle for everyone and sat in an empty room, waiting for each member to text us saying they’ve finished. Talking about stuff, Jimin pointed something out that actually caught my attention.

“Yeah, Jungkook has always been really shy and sensitive, I always told him to stop acting like a girl and start acting more like a man but he doesn’t seem to hear me”

“But he’s really young, maybe he need a bit of reality to catch him off guard for him to start seeing things straight” Hoseok talked with a serious tone I never heard him use.

“Is it really wrong that he’s like that? Why do you guys want him to change? I like him the way he is” I really didn’t think through the last bit and it came out too truthful.

“It’s not wrong but… he’s like a little kid and he shouldn’t be because he’ll just get more hurt if he doesn’t start growing up. I’m not saying he’s stupid, not at all, it’s just that he’s never really suffered a lot before so I feel like any little thing could possibly break him” Jimin clarified, luckily not giving much attention to my feelings suddenly spurting out.

“I get what you mean, it’s hard but I know he’ll get there. And whatever happens, we’ll be there to catch his back, won’t we?” Hoseok added and I smiled. I like that I’m not the only one that worries about the kid, I feel like the more help I have to take care of him, the better.

“Sure as hell we will. He’s our little maknae and we, as his hyungs, must take care of him and help him along the crazy way that’s growing up.” I almost yelled, standing up and hitting the desk.

“Okay okay, calm down, Taehyung, he was my friend before yours so it’s my duty to take care of him” Jimin laughed as he pulled my shirt for me to sit back down. I looked down at him and decided to sit back. I sighed.

“The boy just gets on my nerves. He looks so little, fragile, he’s like a crystal and it makes me want to protect him from everything, I want him to keep his innocence for as long as he can, because once he loses it, he’ll never get it back” I got a bit carried away, but I feel like I can trust Jimin; as to Hoseok, I just hope this doesn’t fuel his joking machine.

“Don’t worry so much. He was just fine before you came along, I’m sure he’ll continue to be.” Jimin petted my back and his words comforted me a little.

“Don’t tell me you’re starting to like the kid?” Hoseok looked at me incredulously.

“I wouldn’t say like… I don’t know. Please don’t say anything? It goes for you too, Jiminnie” I laid my head on the desk, feeling exhausted.

“Don’t worry, if it’s nothing yet there’s no need to be jumping to any conclusions or anything, right Hobi hyung?~” Jimin smiled.

“I-I guess… why aren’t you surprised? He just said he may or may not like a bo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter