Chapter 1

My Hot Sizzling Doctor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Several guys waited nearby the drinking fountain. Just like always, their eyes followed a petite girl in a form fitting tank top and shorts and jogging shoes run towards them, unbeknownst that quite the number of pairs of eyes were following her as she jogged with her headphones on. Their eyes watched closely for the exact moment she would head for the drinking fountain. This routine had been going on for a couple of months and they knew exactly what would happen next. 

The beautiful girl would bend down to drink from the fountain, being mindful that her headphones didn't get splashed. Then, a few brave souls would get in line for the water fountain behind her in the pretense of getting a drink. The bravest would then get the nerve up to ask her out on a date at which point she would promptly reject. But the rejectee would at least get a polite but dazzling smile that would make the confession     and rejection, seem worth it. 

At least, that's what should have happened.

But it didn't.

Twenty-eight year old Park Shin Hye frowned as her phone rang, disrupting the music that was blaring in her headphones. She pulled her phone out of her pocket and answered it, stopping just a few feet away from the drinking fountain, completely oblivious to the disappointed sighs of her fanboys around her.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Omma. What's up?" 

"Hello, honey! Just wanted to remind you in case you forgot that you have your doctor's appointment today! I heard he's a new doctor too."

"Oh, you're right. I knew there was something I forgot. Thanks, Omma."

"You're welcome, honey. Oh, and I forgot to ask. How did your date go last night?"

"Ugh. Could you and Auntie please stop setting me up on blind dates?" She groaned, half exasperated, half amused. "Most of them can't even strike up a decent conversation. All they do is just stare at me throughout the whole dinner."

"That's because you're too pretty, honey, you distract them. But you're almost turning thirty and Appa and I want some grandchildren out of you. Alrighty, don't forget your appointment now. Bye!"

The men around were pleased when her phone call finally ended and were prepared to fight for the head of the water fountain line. 

But today, she didn't drink from the water fountain. 

Instead, she ran straight past the fountain, leaving a gaggle of men gaping at her back as she soon left them behind. 

Shoot, I totally forgot about the doctor's appointment. I hope I can make it on time. Shin Hye glanced at her wristwatch and decided to hike up her pace a bit, no longer lightly jogging but speeding towards home. 

Thirty-seven minutes left before I have to be there. Okay, you got this, Shin Hye. I can shower and get dressed in six minutes. Easy peasy.

By the time she walked in her doctor's office, she looked pristine and fresh and smelled of passionfruit shampoo and smugly smiled at the clock when she saw she still had two minutes to spare. That was when she took a really good look at the office's surroundings and her smug smile turned to one of stunned shock. Was this doctor so good that he had so many customers?

The room was almost packed, and she had to weave her way in and nearly stepped on someone's foot to reach the receptionist's desk. Almost all the patients gathered were women.

Few looked sick. 

"I'm sorry, ladies, but you need an appointment to see the doctor. He can not just see anyone simply on a walk-in basis," the matronly receptionist fimly said, almost exasperatingly. "Is there anyone who actually has an appointment?"

"Oh, me!" Shin Hye waved her hand up high but so did quite a few of the other women. 

The receptionist sighed and turned her glare onto Shin Hye. "And your name is?" 

"Park Shin Hye. I'm here for my annual doctor's check up for an 8:00 AM appointment. Although this is my first time here." 

The receptionist checked her list and her eyes widened when she saw that her name was actually written on there. The receptionist had fully expected her to be fibbing. Clearing , the recpetionist now turned a beaming smile towards Shin Hye. "Very well, you're right on time. Come through the door here and wait in the room that says number 2 where you can fill out the necessary papers. The doctor will be in to see you as soon as he's done with the patient in number 1."

Shin Hye bowed her thanks to the receptionist and headed through the partition that separated the clinic's lobby from the patient rooms, ignoring the glares of the women were left behind her. 

Jeez, who the hell is this doctor? He must be extremely hot for all the girls to act like that, Shin Hye thought. Shrugging, she grabbed the medical forms and headed for patient room number 2. As she passed the room labelled number 1, she just barely missed the doctor who came out of the door. If she had taken notice of the man who just walked out of the door, she would have saved herself from a whirlwind of headaches later.

Lee Jong Suk sighed as he rubbed the back part of his neck. For twenty-eight years he had always known he would be a doctor and liked the work, but it was tiresome when some of the patients he got only pretended to be sick just to get near him. In his opinion, they distracted him from his real work, which was actually healing and taking care of people who actually needed his help. Sometimes he wanted to offer those girls his psychiatrist friend's business card because some of the girls seemed to be really demented. Now, those girls could get some help.

Just not from him.

As he came out of the room, he saw a flash of brown hair pass by him bringing a scent of passionfruit. He tensed a bit, recalling a particular girl in high school who liked to use the same passionfruit scented shampoo. 

"Ah, doctor, there's a patient waiting for you in number 2," his nurse, Mi Ji, smiled at him as she passed by and gave him a manila folder of the patient's medical records.

Jong Suk looked down at the nurse's growing baby bump which was slowly growing larger every week. "Mi Ji unni, you should take a break when your ankles get swollen, I don't want your husband chasing after me with a spatula for overwokring you again." 

Mi Ji's eyes twinkled as she chuckled. "I can take care of myself all right. You just worry about your patients." She gave him a cheerful smile and a ruffle on his hair

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter