Be Still My Brave Heart

We Got Married: Seulrene Edition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi Self Cam:

We could see Seulgi sitting on the chair in silence. Her fingers were on her lips. She looked up to the camera then waved it away. It seemed that our bear is a little shy today.

Irene Cam:

Per usual the manager comes inside the house and wakes up the couple. But the camera only captures Irene who was facing Seulgi’s side of the bed. Gently the manager woke her up and as the kid leader opened her eyes and found her manager just by the bedside. She looked over Seulgi’s side of the bed and frowned.

It was empty.

She extended her hand, trying to feel Seulgi’s warmth.

She sighed.

Perhaps Seulgi’s side of the bed was already too cold.

“Did she go out?” Irene asked their manager who merely nodded.

Irene Self Cam:

“From the moment we met, Seulgi was never the type who would ignore people around her. She was courteous. She found it important for people with responsibilities, like Unnies, to know her whereabouts. This would be the first time she went out without me knowing. It bothered me because we are close. I already had a feeling she would sleep on the couch when she told me she was going to just follow me to bed. There’s still that big white elephant in the room. Something I don’t mind talking about with her. Regardless of the timing. Right now, I feel brave enough to talk about things, especially with her after what we’ve experienced yesterday.”

Irene Cam:

She was then handed a mission note.

Irene read it then she frowned.

“We’re supposed to be married right…? Why am I doing this mission alone?” She asked but no one could answer.

Seulgi Cam

“You know… It’s not nice to leave your wife without saying a word.”

She hears the words but Seulgi didn’t respond. She kept her gaze on the beach. Obviously our young bear is deep in thought for none other than the small kiss she shared with Irene the night before. We don’t have to rocket scientists to know.

After all, Seulgi has been staring at Irene’s picture on her phone for quite some time now.

“YAH! This is not a drama!” Krystal slapped Seulgi at the back of her head bringing her back to earth.

“Are you with me now, Pabo-ah?”

“Mianhe… A lot has happened…”

“I gathered. And I watched the last episode…” Krystal smirked which made Seulgi hide her flushed face.

“Have you ever kissed a girl Krystal?” Seulgi asked out of the blue earning a concerned look on her face.

As we all know, Krystal Jung got tangled with tabloid news that showed pictures of her kissing Kwon Yuri on the lips. After retirement of Girl’s Generation, Kwon Yuri finally settled down with her sister Jessica Jung. Since news of the union was not released. Some tabloids thought, the kiss Krystal gave meant she was dating her sister’s lover. It was just how Krystal showed her affection to Jessica, and now her sister-in-law, Yuri. It was not at all romantic.

“I have. My sister and Yuri…”

“Not like that… Stupid…” Seulgi showed her tongue out gaining a slap on the back of her head.

Our bear smiled finally teasing Baby Jung.

“No, Seulgi. I never kissed any girl like how you kissed Irene last night. Was it here Seulgi?” The young Jung gestured only for her hand to be pushed away, gently of course.

Krystal kept teasing her and there came a point Seulgi ran after her because of embarrassment.

Of course, Krystal Jung was more athletic.

Out of breath, Seulgi watched Krystal at a distance. She hated it when her friend had the upper hand. But the bear was as mischievous as the baby Jung.

Seulgi breathed in a lung-full of air then screamed.

“Marry me Krystal Jung Soojung!”

“SHUT UP YOU DUMB BEAR!”

Seulgi faced the camera then winked.

Irene Cam

Irene could be seen driving towards a hotel. The mission was to pick up the other three red velvet members and take them to the amusement park.

Once parked, Irene took out the mission note and sighed.

“I’m their omma for today.” She smiled at the camera then proceeded to the members’ hotel room.

As she walked a few people greeted her, which she returned in kind. Reaching the door, she knocked. We could hear footsteps on the other side.

Wendy opened up for Irene.

“Unnie!” Wendy hugged her then looked past behind Irene.

“Where’s Seulgi?”

“She’s not part of the mission. It’s a day with your omma.” Irene tried to smile but it’s obvious she’s missing her bear especially after what happened the previous night.

Flashback Cam:

“Hyunnie… You have a little cream there.” Seulgi pointed at the corner of Irene’s lips.

Her fingers were almost touching Irene’s face.

The older girl forced a smile then tried to joke.

“Please clean it for me?” Irene pouts a little and repositions herself so the younger girl can reach her.

Seulgi smiled then leaned to her kissing her at the corner of .

Red Velvet Cam:

“This isn’t about what happened last night, right?” Wendy asked eyeing Irene’s sincerity.

“I actually wanted to spend the day with her. To talk about it… Wait… How did you know?” Irene asked perplexed.

“Unnie, you’re like Big Brother. You’re almost online 24/7. Not that we’d like to see you both in bed. You know…” Joy interjected as she got a piece of chicken from the items their Unnie bought for them.

The oldest sat down eyes wide, unsure of what to say. She was actually hoping for a delay in broadcast so that she can talk privately with Seulgi about what happened.

Well, now, she has to face the music.

It’s out baby!

Irene Self Cam:

“It’s not about that I didn’t like the kiss. It’s just I want to understand how she feels. We talk a lot yes, but Seulgi doesn’t really share. If she’s hurting, the only way to know is if you see her cry. Right now, I feel like my marriage is going one way, and we’re not even talking about it. I do want to get to know her deeper. I do want to get closer to her. But I guess I have to do some time and make her trust me more.” Irene smiled at the camera then the scene faded to black.

Red Velvet Cam:

Yeri appeared in the leaving room and bowed at the crew and Irene. The leader acknowledged her presence and motioned her to sit beside her.

“Where’s Seulgi-Unnie?” The maknae asked looking around just in case the bear would suddenly appear.

“She’s out with Soojung-Unnie.”

Irene turned her head abruptly, hurting her neck in the process.

“Yah!” She screamed, her hand trying to soothe the pain she was feeling.

“Stop joking around. You know she gets jealous easily.” Wendy joked earning a scowl to an already wincing leader.

“It’s true, here. It’s a live feed.” Joy showed her phone showing the streaming behind the scenes of Krystal and Seulgi’s day.

Marry me Krystal Jung Soojung!

Joy and Wendy laughed at Krystal and Seulgi’s antics. But Irene wasn’t happy about it.

Irene Self Cam:

“I get jealous, of course. Seulgi can be like a ladies man sometimes. Even before, I would hate it when other people have her attention especially when I’m around.” Irene blushed.

Host Cam:

“I noticed that through the course of the show, Irene is getting her confidence. She’s sharing more now and she’s being less shy about things.” Ellen noticed as she pointed at Irene’s expression.

“Perhaps the kids in the Trevor Project site opened her eyes. They may have been to the US for work but they were not immersed into things like this.” Oprah added while Ellen nodded.

“It helps open up your heart. You may not be gay, lesbians, biuals or transgenders, but the program helps you reach out. You don’t need to be one of them. You just need to be there for them.”

Red Velvet Cam:

 

Yeri noticed this and spoke softly.

“Unnie… Do you really like Seulgi-Unnie? Like, more than friends like?” She asked making all three Unnies turn to her.

Eyes then shifted to Irene who was still in pain but in deep thought.

The answer she would give today will change everything. Her answer could cost her the label, the band, contracts, as well as jobs back in South Korea. She stared the Joy’s phone where Seulgi’s smiling face could be seen in the camera.

We see Irene take a deep breath before giving her reply.

“Yes.”

Irene Self Cam:

“I don’t think I can hide my feelings anymore. I know I would be judged. I talked to my parents about it. They were supportive but told me about the consequences. They told me to still be proper because I was brought up that way. How my heart chooses is something I can’t force. I think this experience helped my family understand what was happening to me. I’m not in hurry to fall in love. I don’t even think I prefer a gender. I only prefer Seulgi. Does that make sense?”

Red Velvet Cam:

“As long as you’re happy Unnie, and that you’re being taken care of properly, we’ll always be beside you.” Yeri smiled and tried to give Irene a hug but the leader winced in pain.

“I think we need to get you to the hospital.” Wendy checked her neck.

“But the amusement park trip, it’s my mission.”

“We’ll make it a hospital trip mission, Unnie. Anyone who says otherwise can rant to me so I can send you to hell. They don’t call me Sootan for nothing.” Joy smirked.

No one in the crew or the production complained.

Seulgi and Krystal Cam:

The best friends were eating burgers at a resta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter