Make Her Say Yes Part 5

We Got Married: Seulrene Edition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene Self Cam:

Irene settles uncomfortably in her seat. The staff noticed how she tries not to shed tears on this last interview. The episodes we have spent with them were certainly heartwarming and refreshing. We have to note that Seulgi and Irene come from a different society were their love is still considered out of the normal. Nevertheless, we are happy since those who are close to them, family, friends and even their company support them.

Irene smiles into the camera but her eyes say otherwise.

This was one of their last Self Cams as a married couple and soon the two girls as well as their friends will return to Korea.  

As a bonus for the viewers, there are questions prepared for both Irene and Seulgi shown in the prompter.

What is that one thing you’ll miss when your ‘We Got Married’ stint ends?

“Seulgi…” Irene replies softly.

“I know we work together and we live together, but it would be different. Here, even if there are cameras at times, we still have that private time with each other. It’s a lot of time we could spend without worrying about schedules or worrying the other girls are around. I feel like once we get back, everyone will be walking on eggshells. Not because they don’t like this new chapter between Seulgi and I, but how we interact. They will worry if she upsets me or I upset her. I am not even discounting fights that could occur. I feel that arguing is normal as long as you both find a compromise. We already argue at times. Believe me. Seulgi can be as stubborn as I am or maybe even more. Since this is a big change in our relationship, people may worry it could break the team apart.”

Do you worry about your fans?

“I do… Some are really ecstatic. But there will always be those who don’t like the idea I am with Seulgi. I hold no judgment against them. It’s their opinion. I love Seulgi. I’m not going to turn away from that. Of course there are those who worry that if we break up the team would as well. I would rather think of ways to keep it together rather than think it would break apart later on.”

Irene pauses and she tries to blink the tears away.

“I love Seulgi. Right now I can’t think of leaving her or any reason I should.”

Are there things she fears since the ‘We Got Married’ and since she is now officially Seulgi’s girlfriend?

As the Irene reads the prompter, she smiles.

We are assuming it’s these words.

Seulgi’s Girlfriend

Irene composes herself and we see her eyes shift from glistening with joy to dead serious.

“I worry most when my new drama filming starts. I will most likely be paired a lot this year and may have to do some couple scenes. Something, Seulgi and I never talked about it. I think when we get back these are some of the things we need to discuss. There will be no intimate scenes though. It is definitely out of the table even before the contract was signed. I don’t want to make the dramas inadequate. I don’t want to make Seulgi feel uncomfortable either. Everything will be discussed. Comprises would be reached. My love life and my work should go hand in hand. It should inspire me not break my life apart.”

What are the things you would always remember from this experience?

“Love knows no shade. It’s never either black or white. It can be as colorful as the rainbow.” Irene smiles and lets out a short but meaningful breath.

“Sometimes, you just really have to open yourself to the rest of the world to find whatever it is you’re searching for.”

Seulgi and Irene Cam:

The bed is still unmade and we find Irene and Seulgi still on it. The older girl is already awake and is openly staring at Seulgi’s sleeping face. Her fingers are tracing the contours of the younger girl’s cheeks. We couldn’t miss the small smile breaks out from her lips. Her shoulders relax and she finally lets out the breath she was probably holding.

We see her lean and give the sleeping girl a peck on the lips before moving out of the bed and the room.

Seulgi Self Cam:

Seulgi sits with her usual smile for the staff. This would also be her one of her last Self Cams with us but unlike Irene, the Red Velvet Bear seems in good spirits.

She was asked why she looked happy.

“As much as I like the experience, I would really like to go home spend time with my family and properly date Joohyun.” An eye smile and we are all in love with her again.

Let’s proceed to her prompter.

What is that one thing you’ll miss when your ‘We Got Married’ stint ends?

“Playing house with Hyunnie…” Seulgi replies with a giggle.

“When we go back to the real world, it won’t be as easy. There are still obstacles and issues to tackle specially with our kind of relationship, but I’m looking forward to discovering and learning new things.”

The staff asked her if she wasn’t scared of the things that were going to pop up. She pointed out negative things usually arise for a relationship such as theirs.

“There will always be people who would say one is not good enough or something is not proper. The only thing you could do is do your best and follow your heart. If you truly love each other, and you work hard for that love, nothing else matters.”

Do you worry about your fans?

“I think we all do. Their reactions may vary especially with how things are. Some may like it, some may not. But the most important thing is we are happy. We can’t make other people happy if we aren’t. We have no control over her emotions. I understand that Joohyun is a pretty woman; a very desirable woman. I’ll be a nut to say I didn’t like her. But she is more than that. I think I can attest to that. The reason I’m with her is not because I can be, considering she likes me too. I am with her because I want to.”

Seulgi looks down contemplatively with a smile on her lips.

She was possibly thinking of Irene before saying the next words.

“I can’t think of any other person who has caught my heart the way she did. As silly as it may sound, she is like the air I breathe. She makes me want to do well, to be better and to deserve her. There is not a person in this world I want more to see happy. I know I want the members to be happy as well. But you know what I mean right?”

The members of the staff mumble their agreement and she smiles at them.

“Joohyun is more than just a pretty face. Take all that away and she is still a beautiful person. Her thoughts are deep. Her heart is as big as your eyes can see. But her heart is also fragile. I want to be the one to take care of her. Be the one to say no matter what happens I will always be by her side. Now I have the chance I won’t let it slip away.”

Are there things she fears since the ‘We Got Married’ experience and since she is now officially Irene’s girlfriend?

Seulgi frowns as she thought about the question. From the get go, Seulgi was quick with her replies. This seemed to be a serious topic.

She her lower lip before speaking in a very low tone.

“I am afraid of what other people say. Not to me, but to Joohyun. I have heard a lot of things said behind my back. And I have learned to ignore them. But like I said, Joohyun has a fragile heart. She’s a good person and comments that are ill and untrue make her upset. I don’t want her upset. She deserves all the happiness in this world. And I am willing to give that to her. I am determined to, especially now. She is, after all, my girlfriend.”

Can we be your girlfriend too Kang Seulgi?

What are the things you would always remember from this experience?

“Nothing will be given to you in a silver platter. Not even love. You need to work hard to gain it. But you have to work extra harder to keep it because aside from each other, you have responsibilities like family and work. Trust always plays a role.”

Seulgi laughs a little before saying her last words.

“Keep the wife happy.”

Irene and Seulgi Cam:

Irene is now in the kitchen starting breakfast while Seulgi helped out. The camera focuses on Seulgi who gives us her usual smile and a wink.

We are assuming it’s a wink. It doesn’t look like one but we will take it.

“So what are we doing today?” Irene asked taking a bite of the banana that was supposed to go into Seulgi’s smoothie.

“Well, we could go to the amusement park again if you like.”

Seulgi needs to complete her last mission. But she hasn’t told the staff any plans so the staff will go along with whatever she needs to be done along the way.

“Can we please not d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter