To LA with Love

We Got Married: Seulrene Edition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1: To LA with Love

 

Host Cam:

 

“This is going to be a different kind of We Got Married for Korea.” The host said eyes glued to the camera.

 

“South Korea and the world would have their eyes glued to this pair!” The other host replied.

 

“It’s a good thing to promote this. But no worries for the South Korean conservatives, this will be entirely filmed in LA. You will just feel their taxes but never the fun, right Oprah?” The first host grinned as she stared at her co-host.

 

“Right, Ellen. We are not just here to entertain. But we are here to teach them that it really doesn’t take a genius to realize that love….” Oprah began.

 

“… Is love in any form…” Ellen finished as the two hosts smiled.

 

Seulgi Cam:

 

Kang Seulgi, the one half of the couple, was currently in New York for a photo shoot. She went to the gig alone while the rest of her band mates were still in South Korea. She was caught in the dressing room having her make up retouched.

 

“Hello.” The woman greeted in English.

 

Seulgi’s translator immediately went beside her and bowed. Seulgi, though she was still on the make-up chair, bowed slightly at the American.

 

“I am a representative for the new show WGM in Los Angeles, managed by Oprah. You were actually hand-picked to be the one of the couples in its maiden episodes.”

 

Seulgi who could only understand a few, nodded as the translator explained everything to her.

 

“Is this already with management?” Seulgi asked.

 

“Ne…” the Korean representative appeared.

 

“Here are the documentations in case you were wondering. You can ask your manager regarding this.”

 

“Kamsahamnida…” Seulgi replied still bewildered.

 

“For now, only your manager Oppa will be able to contact you. Please refrain from communicating with anyone else until we start filming. It is best that everyone would be surprised, for more natural responses.”

 

“Arasso…”

 

Seulgi Self Cam:

 

“When they approached me, I was surprised because from what I understood, I was flying back to Korea the next day. But it seemed that I will be extended for a month or two to film the 20 episodes. I’m happy at the same time lonely. I miss my band mates and my family…” Seulgi swallowed an imaginary lump on as she fought hard not to cry.

 

The camera could capture her unshed tears.

 

When Seulgi got out to New York for the photo shoot, she would always text or make calls to her family and friends. As of the moment, she was not allowed which hurt the young girl .

 

“The last time I received a call was from Irene-Unnie… Yeri was sick with colds. So right now, I’m worried about them. I know Irene-Unnie is capable of taking care of the members but I like taking care of her too. We have a packed schedule each day and it helps that everyone looks after the other. It would be a struggle to do this by myself…” Seulgi pursed her lips and looked down on her feet.

 

“They said I’m getting married, well virtually right? Our member, Joy, had the chance to experience that. But she was with us. So, I don’t know what to feel right now. I’m not nervous. Rather I’m sad that I can’t be with the people I care about for this. I can’t ask them what I should do or what I shouldn’t. I’m afraid, I’ll embarrass myself.”

She fought hard not to cry with the rollercoaster of emotions she had been into.

 

Don’t worry Seulgi Bear. Your days will be filled with Happiness when your partner arrives.

 

Host Cam:

 

“Aw… She really looks like a bear, doesn’t she?” Ellen marveled at Seulgi’s picture on screen.

 

“Yes too cute… It’s sweet that she has these separation issues from her members and family. She must really care for them.” Oprah replied as she went to look at camera.

 

“Now that we have met one half of our special couple, let’s see where the other half is.” Oprah smiled and let the video roll.

 

Red Velvet Cam:

The rest of the Red Velvet members were in their dorm. Irene Bae, the leader was already informed regarding the trip to LA. As of the moment, the members were having a meeting in Irene and Yeri’s room.

 

“We’re going to LA?” Wendy asked as she stared at their tickets.

 

“What about Seulgi-Unnie?” Joy asked.

 

“She’s in New York, so maybe they would just travel from there.” Irene replied as she fixed Yeri’s luggage while the maknae lay in bed.

 

The youngest of the group still had colds and a slight fever. Irene had tried her best to get it down. Thankfully, Yeri’s condition was improving.

 

“The cameras are for what?” Wendy asked again, bewildered.

 

“It’s a reality show. Get a move on. We’re leaving in a few hours.” Irene chastised.

 

You would now see the members scrambling to prepare their luggage but actually forgot to read the producers' message.

 

Yeri, who was now dressed up for travel thanks to Irene, sat up her bed. She watched as the leader prepared her luggage then noticed a note on her bed.

 

“Unnie, you have a note on your bed.”

 

Irene turned around and slapped her forehead for forgetting.

 

“Wendy, Joy, could you come here a second.” She yelled out.

 

She sat beside Yeri and took the note. As soon as the two other members arrived, Irene took out the message.

It was in English.

 

“Wendy, could you read this?”

 

Handing the note to Wendy, the other girl started reading and her eyes bulged out.

 

“What?” The other three asked.

 

“Unnie, this is a ‘We Got Married’ episode done in the US. You’re getting virtually married in LA.”

 

“Chincha?” The maknae smiled while Irene’s jaw dropped.

 

“Apparently you were selected to be one of the Asians represented there. You got the highest among the polls from those who voted.”

 

“How come you don’t have those phones like I did?”

 

“It says here, everyone will be in the dark till she arrives in LA. This is so exciting!” Wendy swooned as Irene still fought to regain her senses.

 

“What’s wrong Unnie?” Joy noticed Irene’s distress.

 

“It’s just. I don’t like these shows. I mean, I don’t want to be a part of this. There’s someone I like, and even though I can’t be with that person, I don’t want to be in this kind of thing. You get what I’m saying?”

 

“Seulgi won’t get mad Unnie.” Wendy stuck out her tongue and earned her glare.

 

“I forgot you have a crush on Seulgi-Unnie…” Joy added as the maknae started to laugh.

 

“GUYS we’re on national television!!!”

 

Host Cam:

 

“Ooooh!!! Irene is cute. And she has a crush on Seulgi. My… My…” Ellen bobbed her head in excitement.

 

“I wonder what they would feel when they find out they’re the ones getting married.”

 

“Did we ask Seulgi if she has a crush on anyone, or in this case if she knows Irene has a crush on her? Do we have that clip?” Ellen asked the staff and one of them nodded.

 

“Can we roll it?” Ellen asked again while Oprah continued to listen to the staff.

 

Seulgi Self Cam:

 

“I had a few confessions. I didn’t accept any.  I didn’t feel like going into a relationship.” Seulgi answered.

 

She was then asked if she knew the people in her band that had a crush on her.

 

The girl blushed at the question.

 

“Irene-Unnie would always joke around. But I think she never meant it. I receive the bulk of her hugs and kisses but she’s like that to everyone.”

 

She was asked if she was special because she received the majority of those affectionate gestures.

 

“I think they find me cuddly. So, maybe that’s why. I hope the person I’m going to marry doesn’t hug me too much. Irene-Unnie gets a little clingy when other people are like that.”

 

She was asked if Irene was the only person with a negative response to people who try to get close to her.

 

“Joy and Yeri get clingy too, but not as much as Irene-Unnie.”

 

Host Cam:

 

“I think Irene would not get jealous, Seulgi.” Ellen laughed and Oprah laughed as well.

 

Irene Self Cam:

 

“I never thought I’ll experience getting married this early. But with the members with me, I have no doubts. I feel nervous though.” Irene blushed and turned her gaze to the camera again.

 

“When Joy was in We Got Married Korea, we found out who her partner was before taping. For me, it’s going to be difficult because, there were no news, no ads. I can’t even ask Seulgi regarding it because it seemed they have a gag order in the US. I really hope he is nice. And that he would really appreciate the members.” Irene nodded and pursed her lips.

 

Seulgi Cam:

 

The Red Velvet member is now in the airport for a flight to LA. She was accompanied by the staff and you could see some of the people in the airport know her.

It just shows Red Velvet is slowly getting into the mainstream in the US.

 

As she walked you could see that our loving bear is still down. She wasn’t wearing her usual smile even though she had enough time to rest the previous day.

She must miss home that much.

 

“I haven’t got a call from my family or the members since yesterday so I’m still trying to pull myself together…” Seulgi mumbled to the camera.

Her eyes were shielded by her dark sunglasses.

 

Fighting Seulgi! Fighting!

 

Red Velvet Cam:

 

The members are now bound for LA. Irene sat beside Yeri who was still recovering from her colds. Her fever is now gone. We can now see a smile of the maknae’s face.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo… We are currently on our flight to LA. This is not the first time the members are going to the US. We have been to LA for Ice Cream cake a few years back. I’m happy we have the chance to do this again.” Irene smiled at the camera while Yeri waved beside her.

 

Wendy and Joy who sat beside each other were asked what they would feel if they didn’t like Irene’s partner.

 

“We’ll let Seulgi-Unnie deal with the moron.” Joy laughed while Wendy nodded.

 

“But seriously, we hope that the guy would be good to Irene-Unnie. She’s like our mother. She takes good care of us. She deserves someone who would love and respect her.”

Wendy and Joy were asked since Seulgi was not around, how she would react to the virtual marriage.

 

“I think Seulgi-Unnie would be surprised but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter