Discovered

If I Die Tonight

“I’m gonna go ok? Bye Rachel…” Changmin said his voice was raspy as he left to deal with his problems himself.

“Heechul what are you doing here?” I asked my voice faltering as I continued to look at Heechul who wasn’t even looking at me anymore. I knew he was looking at Changmin walking away and the look on his face told me he wanted to run after him and punch him in the face.

“I was buying a birthday gift for Taemin.” He said holding up a bag from the mall.

Taemin was Heechul and Changmin’s younger brother who would be turning nine soon. Changmin’s mother wasn’t Mr. Kim’s only mistress and Changmin and Taemin where not his only children by a mistress. As far as we knew he has two other sons named Ji-Yong and Wooyoung who where both fifteen and twin daughters named Amber and Minzy who where three. What was odd to was how well he treated the others but Changmin he absolutely hated.

“Oh what did you get him?” I asked him trying to figure out how much he could have possibly seem of me and Changmin. While still holding on to quickly fading glimmer of hope that he hadn’t recognized Changmin and would let this go.

“I bought him the dancing game he wanted.” His face showed the hurt he felt but luckily the anger had disappeared.

“Oh I haven’t gotten him a gift yet.” my breathing was heavy and as I forced a smile. Heechul continued to look at me searching for the reasons I could be here.

“Rachel what are you doing here?” He finally asked the question I was waiting for. His eyes seemed to beg me not to tell him I had gone behind his back. People continued to walk past us ignorant of what was happening between us. I however hardly noticed their presence.

“ I met with Changmin for lunch.” I told him honestly I watched as Heechul swallowed hard.

“So you lied to me about meeting Kazzy and Bree.” He said to me I could see the anger creep back into his face and his eyes brimmed with tears.

“Yeah” I said Heechul turned away from my gaze and nodded and let out a low bitter laugh. Then he turned around and walked in the direction of our apartment.

“Heechul!” I yelled as I ran after him knowing that I had hurt him terribly.