Battle of the Ex's

If I Die Tonight

********** (No ones point of view)
Changmin walked into the hospital room where his half brother and ex girlfriend where. Rachel was holding Heechul’s hand with tears streaming down her face. She was whispering he could not understand. She was not going to leave Heechul’s side Changmin was sure. He watched as she shortly let go of his brother’s hand. She took her hand from the hair tie and retied it. She always did have a problem with staying still.

“Why is brother dearest here?” Changmin asked taking a seat beside Rachel.

“Car accident” She replied shortly She did not want to see Changmin. She blamed him for Heechul being here in the first place. Almost as much as she blamed herself about what had happened.

“Do they think he will live?” Asked Changmin Though they both knew Changmin could not give a damn if Heechul lived or died. If Heechul were awake, he would be sending his half brother words full of disgust.

“They said if he makes it through the night, that he should make it. ‘If he makes it through the night.’ Those damn doctors clearly have never learned how to phrase a sentence.” Rachel scoffed bitterly as she caressed her lover’s cheek.

“I don’t know what you see in him. He is nothing but a rich brat who had the whole world handed to him on a golden platter. While people like you and me have to work for a living.” Changmin said standing up looking at his half brother with ill-disguised loathing.

“Oh shut up is having the world handed to you on a silver platter not good enough for you? If it were not for you, Heechul would not be here in the first place. I hate you Changmin this is your entire fault.” Rachel said sending him a glare.

“Well miss perfect if it’s my fault. Then aren’t you equally to blame? If you hadn’t agreed to have lunch with me, we wouldn’t be in this situation.” Changmin’s voice was matter of fact and logical. He always was to smart for his own good. Something long ago she had found endearing. Now it enraged her for him pointing out her secret blame. Rachel stood up violently, walked over to the door, and threw it open.

“Get out…now.” Rachel said as she gripped the door with fury. It was better she grab the door than something was that could land her in jail and Changmin in the hospital.

“Now…now Rachel please be reasonable. Heechul is my older brother. I am a blood relative that means I have a right to be here. If anything I’m the one who should be telling you to get out.” Changmin’s sound logic was continuing to enrage her as he tried to make her let him stay.

“I said get out…NOW!” Rachel did something to Changmin she had never done before. She screamed at him so Changmin reluctantly agreed to leave Rachel and his brother.

Rachel closed the door and made her way back to Heechul. She sat down in the chair beside the bed. She fell asleep as soon as she rested her head on the hospital bed.