Words overpowered actions

Changes for worse

AUTHOR'S POV

Minho nodded to himself and turned to his father whose eyes were still on Sulli. “Minseok hyung, so what were you saying about the company ??” Minho ask finally cutting through the silence growing on. As soon as Minho spoke the word ‘company’ the eyes of his father turned to him and most probably his brother looked at him too. Minho was least bothered to look at the expression on his brother’s face, he was rather too focused on his parents who were definitely trying to shrink Sulli under their harsh stares.

This is where they always started away. It was like they always completely plan on how to scare and insult the girl that she would shrink to the size of molecule and puff!! disappear. But Minho couldn’t let this happen to Sulli. He had decide to shield Sulli through all the stabbing arrows and lasers pointed at her so she could remain certain enough about her safety and continue to be confident and strong against any hurdle his parents threw at her.

 “The company’s a mess as Minseok has already told you. It’s the scandal created out due to some problems with our shareholders. As you know with quiet a big company to handle we  have to keep out shareholders happy and up to date with the company status but I guess due to the marriage Minseok was planning, with the girl he brought home, we neglected out our shareholders and I guess due to the less number of shareholders participating in the shares conference, this scandal built up.” Minho’s father continued babbling abut the company and the scandal, clearly blaming the last girl, Minseok loved and planned to marry, for all the problems.

Minho sometimes wondered what gave such guts to his parents that they didn’t think of any of the mistakes their sons did and would always blame the girl next to him for everything when she would not be even aware of anything about the problems of why a scandal would be put up in a company. Anyway Minho was finally relieved as his father gave more interest to the talks of the company than on Sulli. He didn’t want Sulli to turn into a stone under their intense stares.

Sulli was about to break down under the stares when she felt the pair of eyes leave her face and move to look at Minho who asked something about some company. Sulli silently sighed feeling thankful to Minho for being a shield behind whom she could just hide. Sulli relaxed her muscles as she could feel the air of safety around her. But the relief that washed over her merely lasted for a minute. She was trying to accommodate herself to the surrounding in the time given to her as a gift by Minho. She was still looking down trying to clean her head and prepare herself to face Minho’s parents and reply to all that they had to asked her, when a part in her felt like she was still being watched by someone.

The part suddenly directed a feeling of fear and nervousness towards her head and she again fidgeted under the eyes of someone on her. Feeling another tinge of consciousness seeping into her she peeked up and saw a pair of eyes desperately watching her as if she was the most amusing thing on earth. She again looked down feeling her breath to be stuck somewhere at the back of .

She immediately wanted to hold Minho and hide her face in his chest. She wanted to hide behind him and run away from there. The intimidating stares Minho’s mother directed towards her was too much for her to handle. It was giving her a feeling of anxiousness and restlessness and making her feel like she had committed some crime. Through the corner of her eyes he could see Minho, his brother and his father completely busy in the talks about the company scandal or something, so to turn her thoughts away from the dangerous stare, Sulli tried to engage her mind on the talks between the other three people only to find the idea completely foolish as she couldn’t understand a single word they were talking about. The company scandal its reason some girl which shot glares at Minseok and what not.

Minho’s mother smirked and mentally patted her back for making the girl feel restless with just a glare from her, she knew it was going to be easy for her and her husband to be able to scare the girl comparing to the girls earlier since she was already feeling nauseous just with a stare. It wasn’t like she and her husband didn’t like girls or didn’t want their sons to get married. It was just their concern, not to get a wrong girl into the life of their precious sons.

Both of their children were running great companies at such great heights and there was no way they wanted everything to be ruined with just a simple blow. Plus, there was no way they were going to let their sons to marry any girl they loved. They were sure to make their sons marry somewhere in a rich and royal culture society like them and to the girl they chose. They didn’t want their sons to get stuck with some roadside girl who would mush on their money rather than their sons and who could not adjust to their high socio-culture.

For quiet sometime, maybe an hour and so the three men continued to talk about Minseok’s company, it was as if they were sitting in some business meeting rather than some formal dinner. The most troublesome thing was the gaze Minho’s mother had on Sulli. For the past whole hour she did nothing but to shoot glares at her as she was some criminal being watched on, sitting in a jail room. But Sulli was a bit more comfortable now. She had finally collected her guts to at least be able to look up and see his parents than looking down and hiding her face.

All this while when the three men were talking Minseok was the least interested in any of the talks that they were carrying out. He was still busy eyeing Sulli and those damn expression on her face that were driving him over the edge. The way she was playing with her finger that rested on her lap was really making Minseok crazy. He just wanted to shove Minho aside and lay down on the couch putting his head in her lap with those fingers in her hair.

Minseok noticed as she tried to get herself to feel comfortable under his mothers gaze. Well there he could actually give an hats off to his parents as they never missed even a single minute and started to taut the girl the moment the girl came into their notice, then be it by words or just a stare. Minseok continued to stare Sulli and noticed how gradually she was getting accommodated to the intimidating surrounding.

It was already around an hour or so they had been talking about the company and the count of words Minseok had heard in total were probably 10 maybe 11. Who really cared to listen to an austere Hitler oldie and his oh so sheer and aloof(just to him) son when there was such a foxy and alluring girl sitting right before his eyes. She was now looking up glancing at everyone around turn by turn but her eyes were just interested in Minho, yet for Minho. As soon as her eyes met Minseok, he gave her a smile to which she was surprised.

Sulli felt a bit more uncomfortable realizing that Minseok’s gaze was on her too. She was already fighting to stay composed under the gaze Minho’s mother had on her and now she couldn’t even look to Minseok’s side as he was also looking at her. For a minute Sulli wondered if she had something smeared on her face so she took out her handkerchief and whipped her face but the stares continued to pierce through her. Sulli fidgeted in her seat and a sudden voice cut the trail of her thoughts.

Sulli suddenly looked up breaking away the wall of her thoughts and looked at everyone sitting in the room. She opened only to close it back because she was totally unaware of what was everyone talking about and what was directed towards her. Everyone in the room continued to stare her as she mentally slapped herself for not paying attention to what was going on.

“What is there to think about, I asked your name, are you that foolish that you even forgot your parents have given you a name.” Minho’s father suddenly spoke, anger bubbling up in his voice. Though deep down in his heart he smirked at the girl who he could clearly see was embarrassed and nervous. Minho sighed looking at Sulli who was quietly sitting trying to work out her thoughts. He knew it wasn’t easy for her to just answer back to someone whom she hadn’t even heard about.

“I am sorry!!” Sulli said and bowed her head a little. “My name is Sulli, Choi Sulli.” She spoke and smiled at Minho’s father who just gave her a look like he had already rejected the girl. Well, though he had no intentions to say yes.

“Excuse me, isn’t it a bit too much that you have already changed your name.” Minho’s mother spoke and Sulli looked at her. She was totally confused as to what she even meant. ’Changed her name’  but that was Sulli’s actual name, was Minho’s mother misunderstanding something. “Minho can you please tell us the time she takes to think, well you see we have to eat and sleep too.” Minho’s mother spoke and Sulli looked at her, trying to think the moment she went wrong for making Minho’s mother to speak like this.

“Umma she just-“ Minho started, trying to shield Sulli and give her some time to form sentences so she could speak only to be cut in between by his mother.

“No son it’s ok, I understand it takes quite some time to think with a brain that is the size of a pea, but you see we don’t have all day.”Minho’s mother spoke taunting Sulli. Minho sighed at her, feeling at the loss of words to shield Sulli. For a moment Minho wondered what made Sulli so silent that she wasn’t able to form words to speak. She looked at Sulli who was looking down, trying probably trying to analyze things.

“Sorry I just couldn’t analyze things.” Sulli said trying to be polite and to cover up for not speaking earlier. Sulli was starting to feel a feeling of nausea and lack of air around her. The way Minho’s parents spoke was a clear indication they hated Sulli since the start. ‘maybe this was the reason Minho didn’t want to come here.’  Sulli thought and mentally slapped herself for being so dumb.

“Uh don’t mind me asking but are you generally that stupid or is today some special occasion ??” Minho’s father asked not giving Sulli a single chance for recovering from the past comment on her. Minho felt so helpless as his parents were off with what they always did. This is what they always did to every girl. They never let the girl set her base and would start throwing obnoxious and rude remarks from everywhere. They would never allow the girl to adjust which always led to her losing temper and end being rejected. Though Minho believed on Sulli and brought her home but if this was going to continue there was no way Sulli would be able to handle it.

“Son, you are quite a well behaved man. What made you to love such a girl who doesn’t has the manners to reply when someone is asking her something.” Minho’s father said and turned to look at Sulli who was staring him with wide eyes and a shocked expression. Sulli was now totally aware why Minho didn’t wanted her to meet his parents. It wasn’t like she had done anything so why were they being so harsh at nothing.

Sulli continued to stay silent there was nothing left for her to say anyway. They were just insulting her and what could she reply. It wasn’t like she could just shout back or something. They were Minho’s parents and there was no way she wanted them to feel insulted because of her.

Minho was starting to feel miserable for Sulli and vexed of himself that he was not able to shield Sulli even if he wanted to. Minho could see no sense in the talks of his parents but was there a way he could stop it. He couldn’t let the two oldies continue to babbles anything and shake Sulli’s confidence off.

Minseok smirked at the way his parents were talking to Sulli. Baseless!! Totally baseless and idiotic comments they were. Sulli had not even said a word yet but the way his parents were throwing out rude remarks were damn, they stung. Minseok was least bothered what his parents were saying to Sulli but he could completely see the dejected look the girl had on her face. Dejected or smiling, vexed or hyper, each and every expression on Sulli’s face was driving Minseok on his edge.

“Well, Son, do you  know what, yesterday I was reading an article and found out that scientists are working to find out how long a person can live without a brain, how old is she ??” Minho’s father asked pointing at Sulli who was not able to think anything straight anymore. Sulli’s head was completely messed up with the way Minho’s parents behaved. She had no idea what to say or how to defend herself. She just wanted to stand up and run away from the place to somewhere where there was no one around.

“Uh let’s eat something its quite late.” Minho’s mother cut in between as she saw Minho was about to speak something. She was sure Minho would try to shield the girl but there was no way she wanted the girl to feel any relief.

“Yes that will be good.” Minho’s father said and stood up along with his wife and both of them walked to the dining table smiling to each other at the victory of the first part of their plan.

“What were you even thinking before you brought her here ??” Minseok said and stood up as well walking off to the same direction his parents did. Minho sighed and moved his hand in his hair when he felt Sulli’s eyes on him. He turned to her and gave her a reassuring smile.

“I ruined everything didn’t I ??” Sulli asked with the same dejected look and Minho held onto her hands trying to comfort and reassure her. Sulli’s upset eyes made Minho feel totally useless about himself. He had never seen Sulli with such pain in her eyes and there was no way Minho ever wanted to see her that way. How could her let the girl he love be in pain.

“Baby look, I-“ Minho was saying, trying to indirectly explain Sulli about his parents and their way when he heard his mother speak from the other end of the dining table. He looked up at her and sighed at her timing of cutting them in between.

Minho’s mother gave her husband’s hand a reassuring squeeze and turned to look at the girl only to find her talking to Minho. There was no way she wanted the girl to get out of the state of mind they had put her in. She knew if the girl would talk to Minho, he would definitely be able to release her of all the stress and this would only ruin her plan, so she immediately shouted at the girls back, to Minho, somewhere inside her pointing it towards Sulli.

“Minho do you know yesterday our servant was complaining about the excess work due to lack of staff to work in the house. Well, I just replied that complaining about the situation cannot work as a strategy for long. I just clearly told him that if like a crying wolf he continues looking for sympathy someday he’ll be left standing alone when he really needs help. Don’t you think it was a good lesson for him??” Minho’s mother spoke giving him a smile with a hidden smirk below it. Though Sulli could hear her talking about the servant she was sure that somewhere it was meant and directed towards her.

Minho’s sighed in defeat and stood up holding onto Sulli’s hand. He gave his parents a weak glare but he knew the glare could do nothing to break the aura of royalty that surrounded his parents. He pulled Sulli up and along with her went to the dining table sitting her down and himself sitting on a chair beside her. The food was finally served and everyone started eating the food in silence. The only voice that could be heard was of the cutlery items coming in contact with each other.

Few minutes into the dinner when Minho’s father gave a nod to his wife who directed a smirk towards Sulli who was busy eating her food. “So well, do you know how to cook ??” Minho’s mother asked out of the blue preparing another part of her plan to make Sulli lose more of her confidence than she already had.

Sulli looked up at Minho’s mother and smiled. “Well, yeah I can cook a bit. Not everything but I am learning so soon I’ll be able to make almost all of the dishes.” Sulli said with a prominent smile on her face. Sulli’s mother was at loss of words to speak. Even after trying to go through her thoughts she wasn’t able to come up with a sentence that could trigger the anger in the girl. So, she simply nodded and looked at her food continuing to eat. Minho smiled as she could hear the silence of defeat of his mother. He wanted to immediately turn around and hug Sulli for being able to stand up for herself.

“Well so you are learning to cook at this age, why your mother never really taught you how to cook or  was she trying to cook and keep herself in some peace ??” Minho’s father asked and Sulli slowly looked up as the tears stung the back of her eyes. There was no way she wanted to anyone from Minho’s family to see her crying so she kept her chop sticks aside and drank some water from her glass. “Drinking so much of water is going to cause you insomnia, its better you put down your glass and answer.” Minho’s father spoke making Sulli almost choke on the water she drank. She put down her glass of water and looked down at her lap.

“You know you should learn to lighten up a little because with no brain your life seems so short to mop around. “ Minho’s mother spoke and continued to eat her dinner. Sulli could completely feel herself breaking down at the mention of her parents. The anger in Minho heart was rising up now. He could feel himself burning due to continuous trail of rude remarks that were being thrown at Sulli without a reason. He gave his parents another glare a stronger one this time, only to feel defeated again. Minho continued to eat his food in silence but inside somewhere the lava in him was boiling and he knew he would explode out any minute.

“Well, my-my parents died when I-I was four so- so they couldn’t really teach-teach me much.” Sulli bravely put forward her answer. Minho could completely feel the waver of tears in her voice and he knew how hard she was trying not to break down.

“Oh, well we are sorry to hear that, but honestly I think they died because they didn’t really wanted to face the world with you. Well, may their souls rest in peace and hope don’t repeat the mistake they committed in this birth.” Minho’s mother said kicking even the final stone of patience in Minho. Minho immediately slammed his chop sticks on the table and stood off, his chair falling in the process.

“There’s a limit to everything.” Minho shouted glaring at his parents with fierce eyes. “If she’s not letting out her sadness in the form of her anger, doesn’t means she isn’t feeling bad.” Minho said and gave his parents a disgusting look as if he loathed them the most in the entire word.

“Oppa,” Sulli started holding onto Minho's wrist, trying to calm him down. She didn’t want the situation to go worse more than it had already gone. But Minho pulled out of her grasp and cut her words in between turning to look in her eyes.

“No baby , Enough is enough, everything has an extent and when things go beyond it, we have to raise our voice.” Minho said, gave his parents a glare and turned around walking out of the house. Sulli sighed looking at Minho’s back as he walked out. She turned to his parents and bowed apologetically before getting up and running out of the house behind him.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

yooohoooo !! next chappy ... another update \_ ^_^ _/

hello everyone.... how are you all !! first let me thank all of you for subscribing... you don't know how dear your subscribing and commenting is to me... i check my asianfanfic account everyday to check for any new subscribres and comments.... people your love for the story is so so important ... you love motivates me to write more .. they are so like my life ... i love you all so much for subscribing and commenting on my story ....  \_ ^_^ _/

so i finally wrote the next chappy though it was quite difficult since the insulting is not my thing i had to think and work a lot on the comments of sarcasm by minho's parents... i know it isn't so good as you would have expected but please bear with me .... >_< i really worked hard on it /~ >_< ~\

Well please please continue to comment andsubscribe people ... comments = faster updates

((A/n - suggest me some more characters you would want to see in the fic and any special request that you want to include please  comment comment comment)) LOVE YOU ALL \_ ^_^ _/