Yellow

Intersecting Lives

I zipped my bag to a close and took a quick look at the mirror. Fixing the collar of my white polo, I fixed my hair and gave out a small smile to my own reflection. I am excited, after 5 days of constant studying for my masteral degree I finally got a day out to visit her.

I am very well sure she's pissed at me, judging  by how short her message was the other day I know she hated the idea that I didn't have time to even say a simple 'hi'. She's always like that and that's what I love about her, she's scary but sweet. 

I reached out for the paper bag at the corner of my table where the stuffed duckling was. She loves it, and she was always tempted to sneak out stuffed ducklings to her room even if it's already crowded. I don't mind fixing her room every week or when I have time, everything for the princess. 

Running to the subway, I remembered how we first met. It was 3 years ago when I bumped into her and her friends at the organization room. Her smile got my attention right at that moment, she was wearing a white and blue three fourths shirt, her hair flow down to her shoulders and her eyes formed a crescent. She was indeed beautiful, but it was not the reason why I fell for her. 

She has this wisdom I truly admire, the way she views things differently was amusing that I didn't mind listening to her thoughts even if takes us hours of talk. She's naughty in her own ways too, fooling people, throwing jokes and makes those hard things look lighter and funnier. She's the only person I knew who could do those stuff and still look cute and amusing. 

Everytime I think of the hard times she went through, I couldn't help myself but to be proud of her that sometimes I wanted to shout to the world how strong a person she is. But I know she'll just glare at me so I just keep it to myself, the admiration and love I have for her, the unexplainable feeling of happiness just by seeing her do her thing. 

I watched how the buildings passed fast infront of me, a few more minutes and I'll be seeing her again, I'll be able to see once more the scary aura she always wear. If she would let me, I wanted to know everything about her, see all her sides and personalities and deal with her worst and best. Only if she wants it though, I don't want to push her. 

Stepping my foot off the train, I started walking to the direction I grew to memorize even with my eyes closed. Somehow, I already started to sense her next moves, her feelings and attitude and then I came to realize how fallen I was for her. 

"Mrs. White, this is Amber. I came to see Krystal" Mrs. White was one receptionist at her house or should we say mansion. I grew close to her after months of personally visiting Krystal though we already met through video call when Krystal went abroad. 

Mrs. White opened the door for me and directed me towards where Krystal was. Finally, I am going to meet the ice princess once again. Carefully stepping it, I saw her turned her chair to my direction and at that instant a stuffed bear came flying towards me, followed by another and another until I saw myself and the room in a mess. 

"Hey Hey, what's the sudden throwing of things" I asked. Knowing that at that moment she was irritated as hell. 

"Nothing" Yes, that's how she is. She was actually more secretive than me with regards to her feelings. 

"You wouldn't throw me things, if you're not pissed. Here" I stepped closer at her and gave the paper bag I was anxious to give. I just hoped she'll like it. 

"What's that?" Her irritated tone sent chills to my body but I covered it up with a smile. This version of her is really amusing, though I always find everything about her amusing. 

"Just take a peep" 

I watched her open the bag and peeped inside but her expression didn't change. Instead, she placed the bag on the side of her table and crossed her arms on her chest. 

"Thanks" She said in her still monotonous tone. 

"Sure thing. Got any plans for today?" For days now, I really wanted to ask her to come with me on the bay side. Where we could watch the sun set and talk things in our usual friendly way. I just hope she'll say yes. 

"Nothing. Why?" 

"Want to go to the bay?" 

She spent a good two minutes before answering and it made me smile when she said yes. I reached my hand out for her which she respectfully took and together we exited the room. 

It was nice walking with her at this pace, carefree and laid back. Not the usual fast paced and stressful days she have when she have deadlines to meet. Thankfully this day off that I got is in its perfect timing. 

"Why did you bring me here?" I laid out a clean sheet of cloth for her to sit at the moment we arrived. There were just a few people around and the cool breeze of the waters gave out a calming atmosphere to everyone. 

"You need to relax, what's wrong in watching the sunset?" 

"Nothing." 

I watched her stare far distanced. I wouldn't mind staring at her and tracing her face with my eyes, I could live this way but ofcourse we both have responsibilities to do. But still, how the wind blew her hair were calming enough for me. 

"Things... They don't usually go our way" I saw a tear fell from her eye and with that I gave out a sigh. 

She's right, thing's doesn't go our way always. We will get hurt and disappointed but it should never stop us from trying and living life at our best. 

"Yeah, I know but I'm still thankful I met you" No matter how hard I try to hide it, the pain tortures me in both good and bad way. Lucky for me I already set up my head of the things that might happen in the following days. 

"I'm thankful I met you too. Thank you" 

Our eyes met as the sun was starting to set. And even if the pain in my heart was still there, I know one day it will pass and I would have the enough courage to face her again with the same smile on my face even If she stands infront of me with her husband beside her.