Until when?

Intersecting Lives

*ping*

"Good Morning Amber. Have a nice day ahead :)"

A smile was drawn on my face the moment I woke up and read her message. How stupid I am to grin this wide at a simple message from a friend but I'm pretty sure I've been this way for years now.

"Good Morning to you too"

I clicked send and moved my way out of the bed to prepare for school. I'm sure she's still sleeping at the moment and would probably read my message later in the afternoon.

I remember how we became friends through our mutual friend Luna, we were just talking and bickering at twitter when she suddenly joined us and voila! I saw myself chatting with her til wee hours of the night.

I developed this strong attraction for her at the very moment my eyes landed on her. An unexplainable feeling I never felt before, that strong and consistent unlike any others. You can call me crazy but she never left my mind. When I say never, I always thought of her at every move I make. Just like one time I'm with my friends on the streets and someone passed by me and I thought I saw her, I was stuck on the ground until their hands landed on my head and started cursing me. Well because they saw me this strange for months now and started calling me delusional.

"You really need to stop that" one of my friends Kai once spoke to me when my delulu eyes kick back once again.

"I know. Believe me I'm trying not to"

"Dude. There are so many girls out here that you can get that delusional to, please try" Henry butted in, her feminine face making annoying faces that I wanted to slap.

"I don't want them"

"Then who do you want? Krystal? Dude, we all know that it's impossible."

"I know, I know but I can't help it"

"Oh yes you can. We'll help you"

After that I realized I was being dragged to a restaurant by four foolish men who set up a date for me with I don't know and I don't care who. She was waiting there at the cafe holding a book while sipping her coffee and she immediately smiled when she saw Kai and the others dragging me.

"Hiya Ellin. Meet our friend Amber. Amber, this is Ellin. Say hi" Kai pushed me quite hard near her.

I gave them my most deadly, ferocious and fearful glare but of course it didn't work on them. Fixing my shirt that got crumpled because of their dragging, I looked back at her and smiled a little. I'm not that rude you know.

"Hi." I briefly said and extended my hand for a shake which she accepted happily.

"I'm Ellin"

"Amber"

"So we'll gonna leave you guys because we have a qualifying exam to take. Bye" Eric pushed the other boys backwards and they all disappeared from my sight.

Ellin and I took a seat at the farthest chair and ordered our drinks and meal. I tried bringing the atmosphere to a happy one and continued throwing out topics so she'll not get bored but I froze when I heard that unique sound of my phone.

It was the sound I designated only for her, the notification sound that I can easily distinguish hers.

She woke up early

I thought as I said excuse to the girl opposite me who just smiled and said go ahead.

Fishing my phone out of my pocket with my trembling and excited hands I opened the pop up icon with her face on it.

Hey stupid, just woke up :)

I almost jumped to my feet and my grin turned from wide to widest that I thought it almost reached the top of my head. As much as I tried to hide it from Ellin, I'm sorry I can't.

Good morning to you too. How's sleep?

Fine, I am excited to talk to you. What's up?

Really huh? Nothing. Just having late lunch with a friend.

Oh okay. I still have a class in two hours, I'll prepare first. Talk to you later :)

Sure, take care.

Bye stupid.

Bye princess :)

When I looked back at Ellin she was staring at me amused. My brows scrunched and my eyes were asking her why the hell she looks at me like that.

"You look like a highschool kid who just got noticed by her first crush"

"Oh sorry"

I tried keeping my mouth pursed and my poker face on but my lips were too stubborn to obey and it keep on spreading out wide to my ears.

"Tell me about her"

"Huh?"

"About the girl you messaged earlier. You look so stupid trying to hide that smile it's annoying"

"Oh." I want to slap my face hard because I am well aware that my ears were turning red and my face is heating up.

"So loverboy?"

"I... I met her at twitter" I started. Feeling a bit shy and giddy remembering how our first interaction went.

"And then?" Ellin moved closer to the table, resting her head on her palms as she watched me look stupid.

"Then we talked, and I saw her...and...."

"You started looking like a fool"

"Y - yeah" I looked away from her and smiled to myself.

"What's her name?"

"Krystal"

"Wow a beautiful name"

"As beautiful as the owner"

Ellin and I became good friends that day and she never stopped teasing me about Krystal. We talked about random stuffs including both of our lives that we didn't notice the time passing. We both waved our goodbyes and moved separate ways.

I just finished taking a bath when my phone beeped once more. Putting my clothes on faster than the light, I jumped to my bed and opened her Icon.

"Just got home stupid."

I smiled, typing the words I was dying to say earlier. I just wanted to talk to her, know more about her life and exchange thoughts... well that was mind was trying to convince you guys with.

"Welcome home princess"

It took her quite long to answer back that I started reading my notes for tomorrow of course, with a smile on my face. Two hours passed and finally she replied, narrating how her day went and her frustrations at school.

We talked for another couple of hours until I saw beside me that it's already 2 in the morning.

Guess I'll take an energy drink tomorrow

If having lack of sleep is the only way to talk to her then I don't mind. 3 hours of sleep is enough for me.

It was past three when we both called it a day and said goodnight. My eyes shut immediately and the next thing I know is was crawling, literally crawling out of my bed.

"What the hell happened to you Amber?"

"Were you beaten?"

"Damn bro, you look like a panda congratulations"

I swatted all of my friend’s hands and walked to my seat leaning my head on the window the moment I dropped my bag on top of the table.

"Seriously amber, what happened?"

 "Just... sleepy."

"Insomnia attack?"

"No... Krystal attack" I giggled. For the first time in my life and my friend's life I giggled.

 All of them stood frozen with their jaws wide open together with their eyes. They never saw me this way I guess because me myself never did.

"I really think we should call a doctor" Kai said as he stood and went out of the room

 "Get the meds for fever Jackson." Eric ordered after he placed his sweaty hands on my forehead.

"You really like her do you?" Henry took a seat on the chair opposite me. His face was serious.

"Yeah... I actually think I love her"

"You have all the reasons and chances to be hurt you know."

"I know... but I don't care anymore. I really like her"

"Amber..."

"Henry, she doesn't feel the same way. I know that and I accept it, I don't plan to push myself to her... I just want to love her"

"Stupid"

"Yeah yeah I know... she even calls me that" I smiled.

A month passed and still we talk. The sad thing is I continued falling for her even more even there are times that we just talk once a week for 5 minutes but I still feel happy. I'm so helpless.

"Why don't you just tell her what you feel? If she's talking to you as excited as you are then there's a chance" Kai suggested once when we were at the restaurant.

"She doesn't play this kind of relationship"

"What kind?"

"Long distance"

"Distance doesn't matter to people who are inlove" Eric said earning him our different kinds of suspicious stares.

"You rarely talk about love... be honest, Lucy just answered yes to you?"

We all concluded the same thing when he blushed and turned his eyes away from us. I'm happy for him, at least he got his dream girl saying yes to him. So lucky.

They also met on twitter and that’s because of me, I introduced them to each other until one day I was dumb struck when they started confessing their feelings to each other on public…yeah, on public.

They were on and off, make up and fight, bicker and flirt but that’s what makes them a cute couple and they’re doing that again, on public.

"Just give it a shot Amber. Who knows?"

"I'll try"

My mind was all set that afternoon when I got home. I left her a message which she answered back immediately.

_

Author's POV

In a dimly lit room, Amber was seen typing on her phone with a nervous smile on her face. It lasted for hours until the clock struck 10 in the evening. She was serious about her confession to the other girl miles away from her that her breathing joined the continuous beat of her heart.

"Hey Krys? I wanna tell you something" she nervously pressed send and wiped the sweat off from her face.

There was a long exchange of messages until she turned her phone off and tucked herself under the sheets with a smile on her face.

_

"Hey Amber" Henry was quite surprised seeing his friend walking alone along the path beside the Han river.

There was an indescribable smile on her face that he never saw ever since they became friends. Curious, he stepped out of his bike and dragged her to sit beside him.

"What's up?" He asked. Determined to get all the information out his friend.

"Nothing... just happy" her eyes were distant, contrary to what her statement was earlier.

"Yeah you're smiling but your eyes says the opposite. Seriously what happened? Is this about Krystal?"

Amber turned her head towards him and smiled.

"Yeah. I always smile when it's about her"

"What about her? Are you guys together now?"

There was a long silence that occurred between them until Amber sighed.

"She completed the missing piece of my heart the moment I saw and talked to her. I felt complete once again..."

"Wow dude congratulations! Finally you're happy" he exclaimed but Amber's distant stare did not change.

"I never thought this was the true meaning of love. I never thought I'll be able to feel this kind of feeling in my life considering our situation..."

"Seriously dude what happened?"

"We're impossible Henry, she's got a boyfriend"

A tear fell from Amber's eye but still with a smile on her face.

"I know from the start she doesn't feel the same way, and she just considered me a best friend but atleast I tried."

"Amber..."

"You know its okay. I'll still love her secretly, or if I'll find a new girl I'll make sure it'll be the same feeling I had for her back then"

"Please move on... it hurts to see you like this"

"I'm not hurt. I'm happy. She's happy you know and I can't explain why I feel happy with just her being happy even if I'm not the reason."

"Until when are you going to do this to yourself?"

"I don't know... but I'm happy being able to feel the love I was searching for all this years. I will never cease to love her...

 

I just don't know until when"