Rock, Paper and Scissors

Intersecting Lives

It was midnight, and the effect of the alcohol was slowly making me tipsy. I didn't expect to find myself at this place in the first place, it's just that the sequence of events these past few days made me want to step back from life and doze myself in abundant liquor and enjoyment. 

The blinking lights at this dimly – lit room made my vision blur, my head at mess and my thoughts running at every place inside my brain. 

Sooyeon, my two year girlfriend broke up with me, just because I introduced my self to her parents as a poor bastard who was trying to win life by constant working. Sometimes I ask myself why people put a big deal on money and fame but who am I to ask? 

I ordered another glass and moved my eyes to watch people put theirselves dance to the music. People of all kinds, out going or introvert, I can see them all here. I don't even plan to stand from this comfy seat and join them, I am already contented in watching them sway their own body. 

Bastard. That was me, I called myself as bastard even since I was a kid. My father used me as his punching bag because I'm gay, my mother locked me inside the room and starved.me to death when she learned about it too. It was only my grandmother who helped me get past through them, she thought me everything, brought me to school and encouraged me to do my best. It was her that made me one of the secret billionaires in the world, no one knows who I was or how I am starting to dominate Korea with my chain of businesses. They only knew me as Amber, a financial analyst at my parents' company. I didn't dare to tell anyone who am I, I hate the spotlight, I hate flashes of cameras, I hate the attention. It was better off this way, me as a behind the scenes person. 

It was just bad luck that I spent two years of my time with Sooyeon, I didn't know she was that materialistic to go with a guy who's not even a quarter rich compared to me. Anyway it's her loss and not mine. 

Going back to the dozens of people on the dance floor, my eye caught a figure on the middle. Black hair, silky white skin, long legs and deep dark eyes. Her beauty shined against the lights and the way her hips move with the music added to the amazing beauty meters away from me. 

My eyes were locked to her direction and I witnessed how her eyes smiled with her lips, she was with her friends and they were sure enjoying the music. I didn't know how long I was in that position but I only snapped out of it when I realized that she was also looking at my direction. Her subtle smirk sent chills to my body and it worsened when she started making small steps towards my direction. 

"You were staring at me for quite too long for me not to notice." The tip of her fingers traveled from the edge of the long table and stoped together wih her, few inches away from me. 

She was wearing a loose white shirt, fitted black silky pants and a pair of sneakers. She wasn't the usual type of a party goer because of her simple attire but it sure gave me the unexplainable feeling of instant attraction. 

"Can't move your lips to speak?" I shivered when I felt her finger on my lips, her eyes bore a hole into my soul and it made me froze on the spot. 

"Hmm... okay. I'm Krystal" 

"A - Amber" 

"Finally you spoke. Mind for some companion?" 

"S - sure" 

She smiled and took a seat beside me, swiveling her chair to face the counter and asked the bartender to give her two vodkas with salt and lemon. 

"So where are you from?" She asked playing with the small shot glass on her hands. 

"Just nearby. I'm an analyst. You?" My voice was stiff, tensed and anticipating. Being with someone like her gave me this uncomfortable feeling of anxiety and excitement. 

"An unlucky heir." 

"Wow and you call yourself unlucky" 

"I hate the attention" my interest was piqued. For the first time I met someone who shares the same sentiments with me, this is absolutely exciting. 

"Really huh?" 

"Yeah. Enough with that talk. Wanna play a game?" She moved her chair to face me, her fist was balled and she placed it infront of us.

"Sure. How is it?" 

"Rock paper and scissors, the one who loses will drink a shot but she will the lemon and salt from the other's lips. Deal?" 

A bolt of electricity hit me, this escalated quickly and I am not ready. Every move she make is seductive and this game makes everything worse. 

"Game"

We readied ourselves, dropped our fists and gestured our preferred thing. She's paper and I got scissors which means she lost. 

"Aw too bad." I watched her grab one shot glass and drank everything, she cringed a bit but smirked right after. She took one slice of lemon, pushed it in my lips which I obeyed and felt the salt being spread on it. It got me anticipating and gripped the edge of the table so hard when she leaned in. 

I can feel her breath against mine, the feeling was so strong that it made me shut my eyes tight and waited for what is to happen next. 

When a pair of soft lips touched mine, I almost fainted. Her tongue traced my lips before devouring it with hers, she was kissing me. I knew because she took the slice of lemon away and continued kissing me. I couldn't deny to myself that I liked it and that very second my hands went to her hips as I answer her agressiveness with my own. 

"My house is minutes away. I want to continue this game there" Her attitude shifted. All of a sudden her confidence increased but I like it. 

"Sure"