Three Down, Already

A Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Henry?!” Kyuhyun called out, but silence was the only answer he received.

 

He ran out from the school building, but all he could see were a few freshman students who were on their way back home. When he was about to catch Zhoumi’s attention by telekinesis, he noticed a hovering white envelope with red stamp on it near the door he just has passed.

 

“What is it?” Kyu asked himself and took out the letter.

 

The envelope shattered away while the letter scattered into burning words in front of him.

 

“We have Henry. Come alone to the heart of the Dark Forest of Vampires at 5:30 PM in order to save him to. Do not: let anybody know; bring any means of communication (including telekinesis, which you will have to block away); or arrived armed. If any of those rules are broken, you can immediately have your dongsaeng, but in 77 pieces. Good luck, TVXQ,” Kyu read out and the letters disappeared.

 

His eyes widened once he realized what was really going on.

 

‘! I have to ask the wizards to make me immune to Zhoumi’s telekinesis!’ Kyuhyun thought and decided to quickly visit the wizards and ask them for help. Therefore, he extended his wings to the full size and launched forward as fast as he could. It took him fifteen minutes before he reached The Market, which was filled with all sorts of supernatural creatures.

 

The place looked like a festival -- everything was rather colorful, there were plentiful signs promoting the products, as well as customers who were exploring available goods. There were many human-like creatures. The only difference from homo sapiens were the occasional fangs, cat ears, or additional limbs here and there. As Kyuhyun went further, he noticed that some were pointing at him and whispering something. Well, after all it was uncommon for angels to visit the Market, because they usually never had to.

 

‘Gotta find the spell asap,’ Kyu thought to himself and luckily found a place which had a huge sign: ‘Temporary spells’. He squeezed through the crowd and quickly approached the stall. Multifarious beautifully carved crystal vials were scattered on the table. They varied in color, design, and, of course, purpose. The useful phenomenon surrounding most spells was that they had a liquid form and could be bought as an elixir. The old man in front of him had a white toga and a long beard. His icy blue eyes scanned Kyu from from head to toe.

 

“How can I help you, young man?” he asked in a very hoarse voice.

 

“I am searching for a spell that would cover my thoughts. As in, I need protection that would not allow anybody to read my mind nor sense my presence,” Kyu explained.

 

“Ah, I see! So here’s what you need,” the man picked up a vial with shiny aqua-blue liquid in it, “The effects last from two to three days. I guarantee that it’s effective!”

 

“I see, then I will buy i-” Kyu was cut off when a tall figure in front of him stopped his hand from the man money. Then the angel turned his gaze to the right to see who it was, “Chanyeol? As in: the one from EXO?”

 

“Indeed. Good afternoon, Kyuhyun-ssi,” Chanyeol bowed and smiled widely, “I’m sorry for interrupting, but the old man gave you the wrong vial. The spells manipulating the memories are never aqua-blue. They are sapphire-blue.”

 

“Y-you are one of those wizards belonging to E-EXO?” the seller gasped in awe, “Please, pardon my recklessness. As you can see, my vision is getting worse and worse with each passing day.”

 

“We are pretty much aware of that,” the wizard replied, “The one you should have given is in the left corner, over there.”

 

“Ah, right!” the old man said and started to pack the vial.

 

“Thank you for pointing out the wrong elixir,” Kyu said and smiled warmly, “EXO seems to be well known among the supernatural creatures.”

 

“No problem. Well, our members are one of the strongest wizards, so I guess that’s normal” Chanyeol chuckled, “By the way, how are you? And how is the rest of angels feeling lately?”

 

“We are fine. To be honest, it’s really boring, because nothing interesting is happening,” Kyu smoothly lied, “We are still playing the high school game. As in, we attend the local high school and-”

 

“Did you say ‘angel’, Chanyeol-ssi?” the old man spoke up once again.

 

“Erm, yes?” the mentioned boy responded.

 

The old man’s jaw dropped and then he looked at Kyu, “I never thought they really existed! Oh, and that is why I was unable to read your aura! Do you have those huge wings with which you can fly?”

 

“Yes,” Kyuhyun answered awkwardly. He also noticed that some creatures started to stare at him as if he was some kind of mutant, “Old man, I am kinda in a hurry; therefore, could you please give me the vial? Here’s the mone-”

 

“Oh no! Because of my mistake you don’t have to pay anything, young man,” the seller gave Kyu the elixir, “Please visit me whenever you need any more temporary spells!”

 

“I’ll try to,” the angel assured and turned to the wizard, “I would love to talk some more, but my hyungs are already waiting for me. I hope we will meet again soon. See you!”

 

“I hope so too,” Chanyeol concurred and once Kyuhyun disappeared in the crowd, he murmured under his nose, “We will see each other sooner than you expect.”

 

 

“! It’s already 5:10!” Kyuhyun cursed under his nose when he checked the time, “I need to hurry up.”

 

He threw his phone in the nearest bushes, because he wasn’t supposed to bring any devices. Then, the angel spread his wings to the maximum width and jumped up to gain the biggest momentum. A beat later, he wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter