Angels, huh?

A Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Woaaah!” an involuntary scream escaped Kyuhyun’s lips as soon as Siwon picked him up bridal style, “Put me down!”

 

“Nah, you will enjoy this,” Siwon smirked and spread his snow white wings.

 

The younger male’s eyes widened furst at the breathtaking sight and then when Wonnie jumped onto the rail surrounding the rooftop and then off it Kyuhyun instinctively wrapped his hands around Siwon’s neck for dear life. He could see his classmates and other students, small as ants, below them. However, he soon stopped caring as he tensed up and tried not think how high up they were. The flopping sounds behind somehow made him calm down just slightly, but not enough to open his eyes.

 

“Are you afraid of heights?” Siwon asked, surprise clear in his voice.

 

Since Kyu did not trust his voice, which would most probably be shaky or just not audible, so he decided to nod in answer. Siwon frowned and, soon, they landed just a few blocks away from the school building. The older student slowly put Kyuhyun down. Wonnie had his hands around the brown hair male, because he could see how his legs were shaking.

 

“D-did anybody see us?” Kyu looked around, but saw only a few people who were minding their own businesses.

 

“We are invisible for humans when we take our original form,” Siwon answered and thought, “You used to enjoy being carried in the wind…”

 

“We?” Kyu asked, taking another big calming breath.

 

“Angels, according to a human dictionary.”

 

“What?” the younger boy couldn’t believe what he heard.

 

“Let’s go grab some lunch while I explain everything, shall we? It’s my treat,” Siwon grabbed Kyu’s hand and dragged him to a nearby restaurant.

 

 

“What can I get you, gentlemen?” a waiter asked as soon as they seated themselves near a window.

 

“The usual, please. Hope you don’t mind steaks,” Siwon said and nodded, dismissing the waiter.

 

“I have never eaten it before, but it doesn’t matter now. Angels?!”

 

“Shhh,” Siwon warned and pressed his fingers to Kyu’s lips, “Control your voice. Remember that we are surrounded by humans,” he removed his fingers and sat back on his chair, “Yes, angels. We are supernatural creatures. Next question.”

 

“Supernatural creatures? As in, for example, the ones in the mythology?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“So magic and exists?”

 

“Magic and it is.”

 

“Hmmm,” Kyu hummed as he tried to absorb the information.

 

He could feel Siwon’s eyes drilling into him, but he didn’t dare to look  up at the older student.

 

‘This is impossible. If such creatures existed in real life, people would notice. He must be mocking me. He is most probably yet another popular guy who likes to bully nerds. But then again, there’s Sungmin who just disappeared! And I have freaking flown here! Ughhh, what the heck is going on?!’ Kyu thought and closed his eyes in irritation. He hated it when he didn’t understand something.

 

“Calm down, you will adjust soon,” Siwon assured as he started to slice his steak.

 

Kyuhyun rolled his eyes, ‘How could you possibly know?’

 

“Because I know you too well,” Wonnie answered as if he could hear Kyu’s thoughts.

This made the younger male slightly shocked, but he proceeded to dig into his food. Then he looked up to an unspecific point behind the window. His mind gradually became besieged with various questions; therefore, his gaze moved back onto the boy in front of him and he began inquiring, “How long do you theoretically know me?”

 

“Not theoretically, but practically - over a few thousand years,” the black haired angel replied.

 

“Thousands?”

 

“Mhm, tens of centuries.”

 

“You said that ‘we are angels’, so it means I am one too, right?”

 

“Indeed.”

 

“How come I don’t have any wings?”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter