Who Are You?

A Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Welcome to Super Junior Cafe,” Kyuhyun warmly greeted the couple in front of him, “Would you like a table for two?”

 

“Yes, please,” the man replied with a smile.

 

“Great. Please, follow me,” Kyu replied and soon he was writing down their orders.

 

He excused himself and soon came back with a set of coffees and cakes. Then he quickly glanced at the clock and noticed that his shift had been over five minutes earlier. It was already 6:05 AM. However, he decided to finish serving to the new pair. Fifteen minutes later, he had his things packed into his bag and was ready to leave.

 

“Thank you for your hard work, Kyuhyun-sshi,” an old man with grey hair nodded, pleased, “Is everything all right, though?”

 

“The rent has increased; therefore, I think that from now on, I might be taking both the normal and night shift at least twice a week. Would it be okay, manager?” Kyu answered honestly, too tired to hide his exhaustion.

 

“Yes, of course! Is there any other way I can help you?” the manager looked at the student with worry clearly visible in both his eyes and voice

 

“No, at least not now, but thank you.”

 

Then they bid each other “goodbyes” and Kyuhyun had to go back home to change and pick up his school backpack. As he walked, he caught his reflection in a window of a store on his right. He noticed black circles under his eyes and his abnormally pale skin. A sigh escaped his lips. His body was aching due to the lack of rest during the night and each step cost him a lot of effort.

 

When he was just a block away from his home, he felt someone pulling him roughly into a small alley. A beat later, he was surrounded by darkness and detected yet another pair of hands, but this time on his other hand. Then, he slipped; thus, losing his balance. He yelped and fell onto the harsh ground. The two men who seemed to be wearing balaclava bent down. Kyu noticed that they were holding ropes. One of them put his dirty palm on Kyu’s mouth to cover his shouts for help. Tears started to gather in his eyes.

 

‘I should have eaten something or at least taken a break!’ Kyu thought desperately, ‘I still have to write my English exam today! , I cannot be late!’

 

He gathered all energy left in his body and kicked the man in front of him in the balls. The scream of agony made Kyu wince, because he could only imagine how much it hurt. Then used his elbow to target the same spot. The other criminal hadn’t any different reaction when faced with the same treatment from the student.

 

‘He’s really stupid for not suspecting that I was going to do the same to him,’ and because of the adrenaline pumping in his veins, Kyu rolled his eyes at the human’s stupidity.

 

The student grabbed his bag, which was tossed away just a few meters away, and he ran towards his home with as much energy as he could muster. Only when he was standing in front of the elevator, he let himself take a bigger breath. People passing by looked at him weirdly, but no one bothered him - most of them were on their way to work or school and didn’t want to be late.

 

When Kyuhyun finally entered his apartment he immediately sat on a chair and let out a sigh of relief -- he wasn’t in any danger anymore. He waited for his breathing to calm down before he changed and started to gather his things for school.

 

 

The physics class had already been underway for twenty minutes when Henry started to wiggle on his chair uncomfortably. He constantly looked out of the window wondering where the class’ top student was. Kyuhyun had never been late to school. Ever. Therefore, it was a great surprise for everybody to hear silence when the teacher called out ‘Cho Kyuhyun! … Kyuhyun-sshi?’

 

As he pondered potential reasons for Kyu’s absence, he heard a familiar voice in his head.

 

“Hey, Henry. Can you hear me?” asked Zhoumi.

 

“Yup,” Henry replied in his head. “What’s up?”

 

“Leeteuk-hyung wants to tell you that you should refrain from healing Kyuhyun,” the older angel replied.

 

“What?! Is he injured?! What happened?”

 

“Whoa, calm down, Henry. Basing on what Kyu has thought, he has only some bruises and scratches. Apparently, he worked an additional night shift and got attacked on his way back home. Luckily, those criminals were most probably drunk or something, because they were unable to kidnap him. Anyway, his injuries don’t seem to be serious, so relax. Or at least try to,” Zhoumi answered. “Oh, and you won’t see any signs of the fight because Kyuhyun-ah will have it covered under his clothes.”

 

 

 

 

A few minutes minutes earlier

 

“! Why did I have to fall and make this hole in my pants?! Not only don’t I have any clean spare pair for work, I even have this goddamn injury!” Kyu shouted, angry at himself.

 

Then he took off his shirt and noticed a few scratches and bruises on his arms. The man had to have knives, because there were clear cuts from a blade.  He ran up to his wardrobe and took out a long sleeved white shirt and long dark pants. After putting this set o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter