And So It Begins

A Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“There you are!” Henry cried out and jogged towards Siwon and Kyuhyun, who were still walking down the marble stairs.

 

“Hey, Henry,” Kyu greeted the younger man, smiling warmly.

 

“Show me your injuries. I wasn’t able to catch you earlier; therefore, let me treat them right now,” Henry replied and pointed for Kyu to sit down on a sofa.

 

“Oh, okay.”

 

“Then I will leave you with him, Henry,” Siwon said and left to join the rest of the angels.

 

The pair seated themselves comfortably on the fluffy sofas and Henry started to scan Kyu’s body. He noticed a few bruises and scars; thus, he put his hands just a few centimeters above those areas and a warm glow appeared beneath the inside of his palms. A refreshing feeling washed through Kyu’s body as he watched his skin turn back to normal. A few minutes later, all his injuries were healed.

 

“Thank you,” Kyuhyun patted the dongsaeng’s head and ruffled his hair.

 

“No problem,” Henry responded and hugged the older angel, “It’s great to have you back.”

 

Kyu was at first taken aback, but soon reciprocated the gesture. After a while, he asked “Shall we eat?”

 

“Yup!”

 

Both of them strolled to the dining room while talking about everything and nothing at the same time. They were joyfully greeted and joined the long table, which was besieged with multifarious dishes. Kyu sat down next to Siwon and Henry - by Zhoumi. Then the feast has finally begun. They talked about all possible subjects -- school, politics, hobbies, animals, other supernatural creatures, furniture, and etc.

 

“By the way, how come you guys are going to school? I mean, not all of you, but I know that Sungmin, Leeteuk, Siwon, Zhoumi, and Henry are. ”

 

“Well, originally it was your idea to go to school. Therefore, we split and went to various schools. Those mentioned by you went to high school. Some, such as Heechul Hangeng, Donghae, and Eunhyuk, went to the university. The rest also joined, but they left very soon. Usually because of boredom,” Leeteuk explained as he cut his piece of the steak.

 

“Ah, I see. That explains your departure with Donghae,” Kyuhyun said and looked at Eunhyuk, who nodded in agreement, “However, I wonder why I get the feeling that there was other reasons.”

 

Donghae chuckled and Eunhyuk immediately glared at him. A few members rolled their eyes, knowing the answer; others looked quizzical and waited for the explantation.

 

“Could it be because girls were so all over Hae that you were unable to conceal your jealousy no more, Hyukkie?” Kyuhyun said slyly, smirking like a devil.

 

“Shut up, Shakespeare, with that odd language of yours!” Hyukkie huffed and looked away, blushing furiously.

 

The members at the table bursted out in laughter. And they spent the next hour on having as much fun.

 

 

“Hyungs, why are you so slow?! We cannot be late to school!” Kyuhyun moaned as he hurried other members. “No wonder the teachers always scold you for your lack of punctuality!”

“Aigoo~ You used to be the one who was always the last one to wake up! Seriously, the school has changed you,” Siwon chuckled and grabbed his leather bag, “We should have never agreed to that idea of yours.”

 

“However, I find it fun, so I regret as much as nothing!” Kyu replied and pushed Siwon across the threshold of their apartment.

 

The latter smirked and let himself fall few meters before spreading his vast snow white wings. His feathers danced slightly  in the wind and a satisfied expression appeared on the man’s face. The rest of the pseudo-high-schoolers soon joined the ride in the sky and arrived at school in just a few minutes.

 

“See ya later, guys!” Kyuhyun waved at his hyungs, grabbed Henry’s hand, and looked at the younger angel, “Come, we have Maths in two minutes!”

 

As soon as they entered the classroom, they heard the doors being closed behind them by the teacher. The pair sighed in relief and seated themselves in the second row, as always.

 

“Good morning, my dear students. Today, I would like to introduce to you a new transfer student. Please, come in!” the woman with grey hair gently shouted out and waited for the newcomer.

 

A tall, dark haired boy stepped into the classroom and everybody forthwith felt an intense aura surrounding his flesh. His steps were firm, the expression unreadable, and eyes could easily pierce through anybody’s soul.

 

He stopped in the middle of the room and bowed, “Hello, my name’s Shim Changmin. Please take care of me.”

 

The class greeted back; however, the reply was rather muffled, because most students somehow felt somehow driven away in awed fear.

 

“Please, seat wherever you want,” the teacher seemed to be unmoved and still had a warm smile on her delicately wrinkled face.

 

“All right,” Changmin replied and he could feel everybody staring at him.

 

The transfer student sat right behind Kyuhyun and the class was resumed. However, for the next hour all teenagers remained tensed and wary. They couldn’t explain the uneasy feeling, but those thoughts gradually disappeared from their minds anyway.

 

During the break, the teacher beckoned Kyu to come to her. When the student complied, she inquired him, “Hey, I have a rather unusual favor to ask, Kyuhyun-sshi. Could you please befriend and take Changmin-sshi out for lunch or something along those lines?”

 

“Erm, I do not know whether I am the best person to fulfill your wish,” Kyu replied politely.

 

“You see, the exams are coming and I don’t think that you will be influenced by them as much as any other students. His father is very worried about him and as you can see, he’s very shy.”

 

The angel looked at Changmin, who was blankly staring out the window and sighed, ‘He looks as if he doesn’t want to be here or simply doesn’t give a damn….’

 

“All right, I will do my best. However, please do not expect anything special from me,” Kyuhyun finally gave in.

 

“Excellent! Thank you very much!” the teacher grinned happily.

 

The boy smiled back. He really loved that the teacher’s motherly smile. It made him feel tranquil and at peace. Afterwards, Kyu went back to his seat and turned around so that he was facing the transfer student.

 

“Hey, wanna grab lunch or coffee with me after school?” Kyu asked, awkwardly.

 

He usually went back home once the classes were done and he basically had nearly no social life whatsoever. Maybe sometimes a girl stopped him to confess, but it always ended up with him apologizing for not reciprocating the feelings. And it was obvious why -- his heart was taken by Siwon from the very beginning.

 

“Sure. Whatever,” Changmin replied without even glancing at the angel.

 

Kyuhyun frowned slightly and then decided to mind his own business.

 

 

“Hyung, I might not be able to come back to the apartment tonight” Kyuhyun said to Siwon over his phone.

 

“Oh? Why?” Siwon asked. Though Kyu couldn’t see him, he could already imagine a frown forming on his man’s face.

 

“I have to befriend briefly a new transfer student. You know: eat something and such.”

 

“Hmm, okay,” Wonnie’s voice was bitter and full of sadness, “What’s his name anyway?”

 

“To be honest, I don’t remember.”


“Ehh, all right. Do not have any fun. You can have it only with me.”

 

Kyu chuckled at his possessive and already jealous Wonnie, “Okie dokie. It shall be as you wish, honey~”

 

 

After school

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter