One down. How many to go…?

A Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“The royal family?” Kyuhyun emphasized the first word, searching for an answer among his hyungs who nodded. “The one with which we made a peace treaty like, a millennium ago?”

 

“Indeed,” Leeteuk replied, “You haven’t sensed his true nature due to the spells he used that covered anything that could suggest that he was a vampire. He must have used one of those presents that were given by the wizards once the treaty was sealed -- like the one we received, the fridge in which the time stops. Basically, his movements are slower, his eyes are more human, and he can eat human food instead of blood.”

 

“Moreover, you originally knew him by his nickname, ‘Max’, that he used during the war. Most probably because it was more convenient to use instead of ‘Changmin’ which is significantly longer,” Siwon added and started to sooth Kyu’s arm with his hand, which was wrapped behind his lover.

 

“In addition, we didn’t see the royal family in decades if not centuries. It is said that they were travelling around the world for fun and came back just a few years ago,” Kangin said and grabbed his cup of coffee.

 

“I see,” Kyuhyun replied, attempting to comprehend all the information. Changmin indeed resembled someone, but he couldn’t remember exactly whom.

 

A intensifying screech, which with each second became louder and louder, started to ring in his head. A few seconds later he bent down and covered his ears, trying to fruitlessly silence the unpleasant sounds.

 

“Aghhh,” Kyu moaned in pain as it became unbearable.

 

“Kyuhyunnie?” Siwon asked and gently grabbed his lover’s shoulders to turn him around.

 

To his surprise, Kyuhyun’s eyes were already watery. The couple made eye contact for a second. Although it was a short period of time, Wonnie clearly felt the agony the younger man was experiencing. Siwon’s heart clenched. He wanted to help, but he knew that he couldn’t. His lover was currently regaining his memories and everyone knew that it must have been unpleasant.

 

Some of the angels approached Kyu endeavoring to help him in some way. Kyuhyun couldn’t bear the pain any longer and jumped over the sofa in a flash. He stumbled a little bit, due to the slightly unclear vision. He was grateful that he was somehow able to open the two-floor doors in the living room.

 

“Wait, Kyu-” before Siwon could finish his sentence, his lover crossed the threshold. “.”

 

Wonnie jumped out and spread his wings mid-air. By the time he was searching for his other half, along with some other angels, Kyu was already a kilometer away. He gathered as much energy as he could and launched himself towards Kyuhyun. Gradually, he started to catch up. The chase did not last long, because he noticed that Eunhyuk - thanks to his exceptional speed - stopped Kyu from moving forwards so he slowed down.

 

However, Hyukkie’s sudden recoil made him squint his eyes, because those two were still quite far away. Then, he noticed air blades slashing chaotically everywhere, “Whoa, guys, move back!”

 

The warning saved Donghae who would have been cut, if not for moving behind Siwon. They both felt the harsh streaks of air brushing right next to them. Their hearts were racing because they were aware of the sharpness of Kyu’s attacks; therefore, they decided to be more careful. Those invisible blades could easily slash through their bodies.

 

“H-hey...” Siwon tried calling out to his lover, “Kyuhyunnie, my love?”

 

Kyuhyun was panting heavily and his silver eyes were glowing brightly. His gaze was wild, but once he noticed Wonnie, his posture seemed to calm down slightly . He shook his head and took a few deep breaths. Once the only sounds that could have been heard were their flapping wings and the hum of humans below them, Kyu looked at them and sighed, exhaustion visible on his face.

 

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to attack you. But then again, I had hoped you would leave me alone for a second,” Kyu muttered and smiled weakly. Then his eyes started to close, but the angel managed to mutter, “Siwonnie… Catch me...”

 

Then he lost consciousness. His wings shattered as if they were made of ice -- the little shining pieces quickly scattered everywhere. Siwon caught his lover bridal style within a second.

 

“Aigoo, you are, as always, so damn careless,” he groaned and shook his head in disbelief.

 

Then, with the rest of the angels, Siwon flew back to the apartment where everyone was waiting.

 

“Is he asleep?” Ryeowook asked worriedly. He approached the couple and pressed the back of his palm against Kyu’s forehead, “Damn, he’s burning! Lay him on the couch!”

 

Wonnie did as he was told and a beat later Wookie came back with a cold towel and Henry by his side. Ryeowook quickly spread the refreshing towel on Kyu’s hot forehead and sat down next to him.

 

“I don’t know if I can help much, but I’ll do my best,” Henry said and closed his eyes in order to concentrate on healing his hyung.

 

A few seconds haven’t passed before Kyuhyun eyes fluttered open. He quickly adjusted to his surrounding and noticed what was going on, “Thanks Wookie and Henry for the medical care, but I don’t think that I need any of that anymore. I’m fine.”

 

“A-are you sure, hyung?” Henry asked unconvinced.

 

“Yeah, don’t waste so much energy, I am all right,” Kyuhyun reas

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter