“Oh, I missed this fabulously firm !”

A Promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Everyone froze. They felt as if their hearts stopped beating and everything around them got blurry. The only sounds that were audible were the rustling of the leaves and the soft hum coming from the school beneath them.

 

“Oh no... This can’t be happening...” Ryeowook mumbled and covered his lips with the back of his palm.

 

Suddenly Kyu winced and grabbed his head with both hands.

 

“Kyuhyun-ah?” the angels came closer, worried.

 

Then Kyu looked up at the men and tears started to fall down his rosy cheeks.

 

“Kyu-Kyuhyunnie?” Leeteuk asked, clearly confused.

 

“I… I missed you guys!” Kyu sobbed a little bit and his gaze met Siwon’s. Then he launched himself at Wonnie with full force, “Why did it take you so long to wake me up?!”

 

“Woah! I’m sorry, baby; I’m really, really, sorry. But then again, you know that we couldn’t do anything because of the risks,” Siwon replied, while hugging back the younger angel. He gently patted Kyu’s back and smiled, enjoying the embrace, for which he had been yearning for so long.

 

Kyuhyun soon calmed down and hugged each angel. Everyone was grinning from the excess of happiness. Their family was now complete. That was all they needed.

 

“Wah, it’s good to be back! Oh my, I missed flying~” Kyu put his hands up, as if stretching and froze, “Hyung?”

 

“Hm?” Siwon came closer to hear Kyuhyun better.

 

“I cannot open my wings nor can I use my powers,” the younger man stated with eyes full of fear.

 

“Ah, that’s actually normal. It will take time for you to regain your angelic powers,” Leeteuk butted in and put his arm around Kyu’s shoulder, “Don’t worry. We will take care of you.”

 

Kyu nodded, but it was visible that he still felt slightly uncomfortable. Then the bell rang announcing that the classes were going to begin in five minutes.

 

“Let’s go and celebrate after school, shall we?” Teukkie asked, smiling widely.

 

 

“Let’s fly. I’m too lazy to go by bus,” Heechul muttered when he joined the group of angels waiting for him.

 

“Sure. I’m all for it,” Leeteuk nodded and glances at Kyuhyun, “Siwon will take you.”

 

“Oh, okie,” Kyu replied and let Wonnie carry him bridal style.

 

“Are you really afraid of heights?” Siwon asked when he felt the younger boy shivering in anticipation.

 

“I think I might feel insecure due to the lack of backup in case you let me go when we fly. If I remember correctly, I usually had my own wings or powers to save myself, but now… there’s nothing I can do...” Kyuhyun replied and tightened his grip around Wonnie’s neck.

 

“Don’t worry, you will be back to normal in a blink of an eye. Just be a little bit more patient. Now you should concentrate on the fact that you are finally going home,” Siwon smiled warmly, jumped up, and started to fly towards their apartment.

 

“Woah,” Kyuhyun gasped in awe when they penetrated the blanket of clouds. The view was breathtaking. However, it was kind of ... freezing, “Achoo!”

 

“Huh? Is it too cold for you?”

 

“I would like to remind you that my body is still human and any temperature under 0 degrees Celcius is considered to be freezing,” the younger angel answered and sneezed again.

 

Siwon chuckled and they descended until it was warm again, “I missed you so much. I even missed your cute sneezes.”


“Yah! You better concentrate on flying, you idiot!” Kyu scolded and gently smacked Wonnie’s chest.

 

“Okay, okay,” the older man responded and made a circle in the air, which made Kyu scream in surprise.

 

They both ended up laughing and before they knew it, they arrived at their home. The living room’s huge gothic windows were already opened; thus, they swiftly entered the apartment. The windows were actually the main gate. They were tall from the roof till the floor, and were divided into smaller windows. The glass was crystal clear and delicate flowers were carved into the dark brown frames. Actually, all walls were made of glass. Only the ones separating the tremendous rooms were solid.

 

Siwon folded his wings and soon they disappeared into a thin air; therefore, making him look just like a good looking human. The windows closed right behind them.

 

“Welcome back, Kyuhyunnie,” Ryeowook couldn’t conceal his happiness and launched himself at Kyu, locking him in a bear hug .

 

“Thanks, Wookie,” the younger angel replied and reciprocated the embrace with as much energy as he could muster.

 

“Hey, Kyuhyun-ah, I have a question,” Zhoumi asked from the sofas.

 

Kyu came up to Zhoumi and other angels who were scattered across other armchairs and couches, “How can I help you, Mimi?”

 

“The fact that you remember our nicknames and don’t feel uncomfortable in our home are good signs. Now, can you tell me what you remember?” Zhoumi crossed his legs and faced Kyu, who sat  right next to him.

 

“To be honest, there are still some holes in my memory. I clearly remember the older millenniums except the latest one. My memory gets foggy especially in the years around the 20th and 21st century,” Kyu answered sincerely and could detect a slight tension in the air.

 

“Okay, that’s good,” Mimi commented as he ran his hand through his hair.

 

Then Wookie came back with ice teas and put them on the coffee table. Donghae made each of them fly to their consumers and he himself was soon sipping happily from a glass of refreshing tea.
 

“When will his powers and memories come back?” Siwon asked, his hand resting on Kyu’s thigh.

 

“I don’t know precisely when, but I believe it should be in a month or so. I did a lot of research about this matter yesterday, but there’s not much about it,” Zhoumi responded, “As you know, Minho, the werewolf from SHINee, is known for having the ability of memory manipulation. I read a few of his books, but they are mainly about altering certain memories, not restoring. He only suggests that there's no telling how long it will take to regain one..”

 

“Excellent. Thank you for your research, Mimi. Should we help Wookie with the feast though?” Siwon glanced in the kitchen’s direction and could hear the cooking food.

 

“Yeah, you are right. Although I think that you should take Kyu around the apartment. Since we have moved in here just a few decades ago, I doubt he remembers much about it. Besides, you know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter